Talentica

www.talentica.com

Talentica Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Nitin Shimpi

Nice company to work with (Technical - UI Engineer)

Engineer - Software Development (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsNice learning curve, opportunity to learn new technology

Very knowledgeable seniors and colleague

Working environment is good, spacious

You ideas and suggestions do count

Flexible office timing, no must serve per day hourly quota (only one time punch for a day to mark attendance, no out required)

ConsNo good option for food

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide some canteen facility

Not employees friendly and lack of exposure

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Pune (Brazil)

ProsStarup company with less experienced in handling employee and clients

ConsStartup company
    Many projects are startup with smaller team
    Mainly Indian clients or some startup projects
    Adopted service oriented model

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Work culture in talentica is being more close to TCS

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsYou will learn how to do office politics. If you are not getting job anywhere so you will get job here.
    If you can do everything for your lead so this is best place to work. if you can not do that you are core technical then my suggestion not to join this company as you will loose your all technical skills.
    I don't find any reason to work for talentica

ConsTotally Services culture.
    Earlier Talentica used to take only pure development work, it used to hire only from NIT, IIT it used to be good paymaster, it was not maintaining any bench.
    now none of these is true.
    i have worked for talentica, but i did not learn anything in that span other than how to handle office politics.
    My technical skills has really gone down as i did not get to learn much of the things, so now when i am trying to switch job i need to revise basic of coding as there are mostly maintenance projects in talentica. you can get pure development work only if you are lucky you will win all awards if you can do anything for your manager. If you can not listen to shouts of your manager then neither you will get awards nor appraisal.

Advice to Senior Managementyou can get cheap talent in market but my advise is that don't loose existing talent.
    try to make good culture

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cool Compaany

ProsWork Culture is the best.
    People working here are helpful.
    Performance matters.
    Salary for only developers is very attractive.

ConsSalaries for Operations are very less.
    Office space is not sufficient.
    Apart from this I cannot find anything to hate

Advice to Senior ManagementNope

No wonder it's ranked in 50 best places to work.

Software Developer (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGreat culture, projects, colleagues, management..

ConsB.O.T. model, if you get too much attached to the project, and if the client is ready to take in the team, then need to choose between a good project and good company.

The company taught me what it's like to work in a product based company

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsVery transparent in decisions. Smart workers are paid well, promoted and taken care of. No politics. Very good leadership in terms of Nitin and Manju.

ConsThe kind of talent they have, they could have focussed on a product development out of themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Best place to work-where you don't feel like working

Team Lead (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsI joined Talentica last year from a fortune 20 company, to my surprise it was a very different place and as I mentioned in my title..I never felt like working here, I never knew that working in IT can be so much fun. You get to own the product you are developing. At Individual developer level you get a chance to play product manager's role. Whatever your designation would be ..you are your own boss here..your destiny is in your hands and not in your seniors'.

Perform well and you will be rewarded. Regular team outings, quarterly team budget for different activities, marriage parties with families sponsored by company..and what's not.

I just have one regret why I did not join this company earlier.

Why the name is Talentica?? You will realize once you get in here.

Every single person here is enthusiastic to share the knowledge he/she has. As the Hindi proverb says "Gyan bantane se badhata hai", people here genuinely believe that.

Management puts enough rather extra efforts t make sure in each of the Individuals' growth. You can just walk in to CEO/CTO's room if you want to discuss something.

This is the place to be in..if you get a chance to come to Pune..do visit Talentica's office and talk to the people here, and you will be amazed.

ConsIf you are not self driven,hungry for success, eager to learn, eager to teach, If you do not have passion to contribute to Innovative solutions..this place is not for you

Advice to Senior ManagementNot an Advice.. but a thanks..for keeping this place what it is today.

One of the best places to learn and grow with challenging projects , awesome colleagues and handsome salary

Software Developer (Current Employee) Pune (India)

Pros1. A company handled by two of the most capable and exciting persona . Ever cheerful and easily approachable as they are , their conviction and passion towards their job is remarkable.

2. Work with latest cutting edge technologies .

3. Opportunity to build scalable products right from scratch.

4. Team sizes are mostly small , which gives every individual a chance to showcase his technical skills to the fullest.

5. Opportunity to work on a large spectrum of Business domains , be it advertising/online video streaming/e-commerce etc.

6. Working with a bunch immensely talented , passionate and helpful people does work magic for every new joinee.

7. A prominent Fun quotient involved . Outings, get-togethers and lots and lots of office parties , add flavour to the rather mundane weekdays .

8. Managers are helpful and easily approachable. I have never seen any manager brushing off any advice from his subordinates be it on any project related decisions whatsoever.

9. Hikes and recognitions based on the work and not on seniority.

Cons1. Fast learning might be a problem sometime . Being a new joinee , you really get very little time to get accustomed to the product .

2. Being in a small team , work load is mostly high .

3. As a small company , documentation at times are not detailed. So knowledge transfer during the time a new employee joins , is often not complete .

Best place to work and it was just an awesome journey!!

Senior Team Lead (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsYou get best people in Industry, you get best technologies, you get one of the better salary compare to Industry. You get a chance to work on very cool product and which is very fascinating. You feel that you are integral part of the organization and product. Every individual treated with due respect. Here growth is proportional to your knowledge, skills, and performance not with your experience.
    I saw some comments are like salary does not get in time, we’ll let me tell, I am with this organization for more than 5 year now. I do not recall any such single incidents where salary got delayed that comment totally biased. In fact Talentica was one of those company who supported their staff during recession and even people got increments, compare to industry where layoffs were going on. There was a comment on regional biasing, let me tell you that, Talentica was nominated as 25 best places to work in India and that to 2 times so this cannot be fake. I strongly disagree that, I would really advice who are interested to join Talentica to call some of new and old employee or talk to HR in details for clarify on such negative comments.

ConsWell i do not see any as such, but few like no bench if someone interested to get free time in office like other big company 

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!!

A Fascinating Journey

(Current Employee) Pune (India)

Pros1. start-up specialist
    2. use cutting-edge technologies
    3. employee-growth based on expertise and not based on number of yrs of exp
    4. a lot of fun activities/celebrations/annual trip
    5. salary on-time (never got delayed in my last 4-5 years)
    6. freedom to explore/talk/take-sensible-decisions
    7. help you in spreading your wings
    8. subsidized lunch and snax (snax for 5 /-)
    9. knowledge base
    10. product development

Cons1. no maintenance projects
    2. dynamic environment
    3. need to learn faster
    4. not for lazy person

Worked for Talentica? Contribute to the Community!