Talisen Technologies, Inc.

Add Photos

George Brill

Talisen Is awesome

Internal Intern (Former Employee) East Saint Louis, IL

ProsA lot of pros work here

ConsGood HR team makes sure that there are not many cons working here

Advice to Senior ManagementSmile more

typical small company with high turn-over rate

Prosdelivery focused approaches
    flexible working hours

ConsTalisen employee/contractors are managed by clients of the contract, and frequently they are treated with unusual unprofessionally rude/mean attitude
    Talisen management fire people with sudden-death style emotionally

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease treat the employee with industry standard respect

Great Place to Work

Applications Developer (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

Proslots of Sr. knowledge
    room to advance personal skill set

ConsThe culture is pretty boring.

Advice to Senior Managementtake down the cubes!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work with significant room to improve.

Developer (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsTalisen Technologies is a very flat organization. It is not out of the ordinary to see and speak with every CxO in one day. It is also a very good-natured organization. What I mean by that is that there are few battles between employees/managers/departments. This is because the work-style is very laid back (see downsides). Talisen is an incredibly flexible place to work. Although the vacation-time is quite stingy (starting out, at least) it is not a problem to work late one day in order to leave early the next. Management is pretty hands-off in this regard.

ConsThere is little process at Talisen Technologies. Despite being an IT firm and doing process analysis for clients (we actually do a very good job of it) there is little internal pressure to improve our shortcomings and we spend a lot of time putting out fires due to poor communication and misunderstood requirements. These problems occur at other companies, but what is strange with Talisen is that people recognize the issues but do nothing about them.

Also, while being laid-back is good, sometimes it goes too far. For example, there is a dress code. Some people choose to follow it, some do not. There is no feedback for either group.

Advice to Senior ManagementBite the bullet, and spend the time/money on internal processes. You have enough fires and you will eventually get burned. The solutions to these issues are in everyone's heads... it is important to not only ask employees how things can be improved but to also act on these suggestions.

Worked for Talisen Technologies, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!