Talk2Rep Reviews

Updated March 10, 2015
38 reviews filtered by
Jim Ryan

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Talk2Rep full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's hard to find a company that shows that they value you or that will give you the opportunity to grow in your career. That's what I found here! Up to this day, management encourages growth and development. Great work environment! You find amazing co-workers that are passionate about their job. Just a bit of what makes coming to work so enjoyable each and every day!

Cons

In my years working here, I've seen improvement after improvement in every department from reception to recruiting to human resources to operations. That is not necessarily a con, but knowing that you work for a company that is always looking to improve in some way is just one more reason to want to be a part of that development.

There is always room for improvement but looking back Talk2Rep has definitely come a long way. Keeping the same positive mindset will make this company go even further.

It is a very straight forward company. I enjoy working with them each day. This review is focused on the At Home Chat

I have been working at Talk2Rep full-time

Pros

1. You get to work from home. This saves allot of money on gas and spending money on unneeded fast food.

2. The program is very straight forward. You get a specific amount of hourly pay, then there is possible bonus pay too. They do not change the metrics often, and if you know your stuff, you can easily reach the program minimums. They have been getting better and better with the pay structure over time (no more commission only focus like in the past!!!).

3. The management team is very friendly and I enjoy working with them. They definitely do their best.

4. Minimum metrics are easy to reach as long as you study your information and show the customers you care.

5. This company offers you all the help you need to get your scores up. Since work from home is a contractor position, most companies dont offer this. As a contractor you usually already need the skills for the position to succeed in it. They do sessions to help you get your work to look good, then they basically let you go off on your own without doing calls. This was allot different than most work at home.

6. You dont have to pay to work. Many at home companies make you pay a fee.

7. They are 24/7 so still perfect for a second job too!

8. Excellent work for at home moms.

9. They are as legitimate as it gets. They are always great with pay (which is the number one part of working at home that makes people nervous. This program is not going anywhere, as a matter of fact the chat program is building up over time.

Cons

These are more challenges than cons.

1. Communication: The more you communicate with them and work with them, the better your experience will be. Remember, they do not see us while we are working, so, good communication is key to building a work relationship with the supervisors. They work over chat with the agents too. This takes allot of getting used to. Also, unlike most supervisors, they look over many workers at the same time, taking multiple conversations at the same time. I see reviews mentioning POC's not helping enough, however, they are definitely getting many questions at the same time from agents, and helping customers at the same time.

2. This takes me to the next challenge. There is a ton of information you need to know to be successful in a position like this. Studying is #1. If you do not put the time into learn everything, the days will be harder on you, and on your POC (they are there to help, not do the job for us).

3. Lots of distractions at home. It takes extreme focus to be successful with this position. Its best to turn the TV off really pay attention to the customer. Screaming children seem to work for most agents, and it doesnt hurt their focus enough to hurt their work. I just dont happen to be one of those people.

Keep building the programs, and rewarding Agents and Management for work well done.

3. Grateful for this Opportunity!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Talk2Rep full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. They believe in their employees and provide the necessary tools and resources to succeed. The executive team is beyond supportive, understanding and always there to help.

Cons

I actually love coming to work everyday, so I have no cons to list.

More ice cream parties!

Awful All Around

Former Employee - Live Sales Chat Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Live Sales Chat Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Talk2Rep full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of anything aside from working at home, but plenty of companies offer that now.

Cons

The training was terrible it really does not equip you for the real job. You deal with customers who aren't always pleasant and your entire job is based on how they survey! And they HAVE to recommend the company or else you can get fired over that. It's just really sad so many hard working people and the job is based on the customer's opinion of AT&T not how good you are as a salesperson . I can't recommend working here. The people you report to are slow to respond IF at all. So many people think the job is a joke they don't even show up for the scheduled shift.

Maybe if you paid better and didn't base the job solely on the surveys you would have a better staff who would work for you longer than a month, the turnaround was ridiculous, so many people starting and quitting every week.

Sometimes good sometimes not so much

Current Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Talk2Rep

Pros

Working from home and when you want! A few POC's are helpful.

Cons

Basically on your own. Stats are hardly correct and you have no way to know if you are getting paid what you should or not. So if you are okay with $9 hour and no one caring about you, then this is the job for you!

Care.

Not worth the aggravation

Former Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Vero Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at Talk2Rep full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, can call out if needed without penalty, no phone time, all chat.

Cons

The expectations were set so high it was almost impossible to meet. Your stats were based mostly on a survey that the customer was to fill out but you were not allowed to tell the customer that there was a survey! If you didn't have good surveys or any surveys at all you would get an email saying if you didn't improve you would be terminated.....how can you get surveys if you aren't allowed to tell the customer about the survey?! Only company I know of that doesn't tell you to push the survey.

Don't base your stats on something that is out of the employees control, keep the surveys but allow the agents to tell the customer about it.

8. Work from home but pay is not great

Current Contractor - Live Chat Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Contractor - Live Chat Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Talk2Rep as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The fact you can work from home is wonderful.

Cons

The expectectations being based on customers "willing to recommend" AT&T to get bonuses makes it hard to make any real money. Base pay is $9.00 which is ok but bonuses should be based on surveys regarding the chat rep not AT&T. People do get fired with no explanation as to why thry got fired. They are just sent an email saying their contract is being terminated. Once the contract is terminated their account is locked so they have no way of contacting anyone for an explanation.

Management needs to clean house with POC's and replace with POC's who actually do their job helping agents in a timely manner. Agents should be allowed to transfer customers without waiting for approval. POC's are very unprofessional and very immature as far as forming cliques.

Good work at home job, but you have to put in a LOT of after hours study time to succeed.

Former Contractor - Live Chat Sales Agent
    Former Contractor - Live Chat Sales Agent

I worked at Talk2Rep as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Work from home. $9.00 per hour + bonus opportunities.

Cons

It was very stressful for me juggling 3 chats at once. Customer's expect you to have account access and we are suppose to tap dance around the fact that we do not. Bonuses and job security hinges on customer satisfaction with AT&T. This is not a purely sales job, but mostly customer service without account access, which makes it difficult to please customers. You only make money when you are chatting. There are several unpaid informational meetings per week that you need to attend to help you stay up to speed on the ever changing products and services that are offered. This job requires LOTS of study time on your part to know the 100's of products, plans and features, as well as procedures. Management is there to help, but can be extremely slow in responding to questions.

The job is very different than the training, and needs to be re-vamped. Some time should also be spent on how to diffuse angry customers, or create a special group that specializes in handling upset customers. Sales team should only help customers who are wanting to make a purchase. We should be allowed to transfer all other customers to customer care chat, without asking permission, or forced to blindly try to lead them through their online account.

Okay company....Great to work from home....Not very good pay

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Talk2Rep part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work from home
    You only chat, you don't talk with a phone

Cons

My hours were changed all the time
    They tell you can make a commission, but you rarely ever do
    Management can be unprofessional at times
    It's not as flexible as they tell you in the beginning

Consider raising the compensation and allowing flexible schedules.

DON'T DO IT!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service/Sales
    Former Employee - Customer Service/Sales

I worked at Talk2Rep full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You don't have to get dressed or talk to customers over the phone so background noise isn't an issue but that's about it....

Cons

They let me go because I was sick...Only missed 2 days which I didn't see as a biggie considering I filled in so many days I should have been off or come in early, plus I followed proper protocol. I had spoken to my POC & QA and told them what was going on and they told me they would document it and I would be fine. They would even text me to check on me and everything but then I go to log on for work and account had been disabled. I sent the QA a message to ask what was going on and she says I was terminated for No Call-No Show...wtf!! How is this so when i informed everyone I was supposed to my situation...

And on top of that , your pay is determined by the customer...when I say that, you can sell enough to make $13.00 an hour but customers get mad at you for things you can't control (pricing, not available for upgrades, billing, etc) and then will leave a bad survey...end result, you, the agent is penalized and I think bad reporter scores should be look at on a chat by chat basis and the POCs were sometimes a POS...no help at all.. I remember one night I was on, my POC, Anthony, was missing from chat for an hour at the least and I needed help and there was nobody else around.

Revamp your whole program. Everything from pay to scores from surveys, to POC/QA staff and training. I loved the type of job it was but hated the company I worked for.