Talk2Rep

Updated January 8, 2015
Updated January 8, 2015
2.5

Jim Ryan

Sometimes good sometimes not so much

Current Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Talk2Rep

Pros

Working from home and when you want! A few POC's are helpful.

Cons

Basically on your own. Stats are hardly correct and you have no way to know if you are getting paid what you should or not. So if you are okay with $9 hour and no one caring about you, then this is the job for you!

Care.

Work from home but pay is not great

Current Employee - Live Chat Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Live Chat Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Talk2Rep as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The fact you can work from home is wonderful.

Cons

The expectectations being based on customers "willing to recommend" AT&T to get bonuses makes it hard to make any real money. Base pay is $9.00 which is ok but bonuses should be based on surveys regarding the chat rep not AT&T. People do get fired with no explanation as to why thry got fired. They are just sent an email saying their contract is being terminated. Once the contract is terminated their account is locked so they have no way of contacting anyone for an explanation.

Management needs to clean house with POC's and replace with POC's who actually do their job helping agents in a timely manner. Agents should be allowed to transfer customers without waiting for approval. POC's are very unprofessional and very immature as far as forming cliques.

Good work at home job, but you have to put in a LOT of after hours study time to succeed.

Former Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent

I worked at Talk2Rep as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Work from home. $9.00 per hour + bonus opportunities.

Cons

It was very stressful for me juggling 3 chats at once. Customer's expect you to have account access and we are suppose to tap dance around the fact that we do not. Bonuses and job security hinges on customer satisfaction with AT&T. This is not a purely sales job, but mostly customer service without account access, which makes it difficult to please customers. You only make money when you are chatting. There are several unpaid informational meetings per week that you need to attend to help you stay up to speed on the ever changing products and services that are offered. This job requires LOTS of study time on your part to know the 100's of products, plans and features, as well as procedures. Management is there to help, but can be extremely slow in responding to questions.

The job is very different than the training, and needs to be re-vamped. Some time should also be spent on how to diffuse angry customers, or create a special group that specializes in handling upset customers. Sales team should only help customers who are wanting to make a purchase. We should be allowed to transfer all other customers to customer care chat, without asking permission, or forced to blindly try to lead them through their online account.

Okay company....Great to work from home....Not very good pay

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Talk2Rep part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work from home
    You only chat, you don't talk with a phone

Cons

My hours were changed all the time
    They tell you can make a commission, but you rarely ever do
    Management can be unprofessional at times
    It's not as flexible as they tell you in the beginning

Consider raising the compensation and allowing flexible schedules.

DON'T DO IT!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service/Sales
    Former Employee - Customer Service/Sales

I worked at Talk2Rep full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You don't have to get dressed or talk to customers over the phone so background noise isn't an issue but that's about it....

Cons

They let me go because I was sick...Only missed 2 days which I didn't see as a biggie considering I filled in so many days I should have been off or come in early, plus I followed proper protocol. I had spoken to my POC & QA and told them what was going on and they told me they would document it and I would be fine. They would even text me to check on me and everything but then I go to log on for work and account had been disabled. I sent the QA a message to ask what was going on and she says I was terminated for No Call-No Show...wtf!! How is this so when i informed everyone I was supposed to my situation...

And on top of that , your pay is determined by the customer...when I say that, you can sell enough to make $13.00 an hour but customers get mad at you for things you can't control (pricing, not available for upgrades, billing, etc) and then will leave a bad survey...end result, you, the agent is penalized and I think bad reporter scores should be look at on a chat by chat basis and the POCs were sometimes a POS...no help at all.. I remember one night I was on, my POC, Anthony, was missing from chat for an hour at the least and I needed help and there was nobody else around.

Revamp your whole program. Everything from pay to scores from surveys, to POC/QA staff and training. I loved the type of job it was but hated the company I worked for.

Great Company All Around!

Current Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Tamarac, FL
    Current Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Tamarac, FL

I have been working at Talk2Rep as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I read all the reviews before interviewing so I was a skeptic. I am glad I went ahead and finished the training and began live chatting with real customers. I love it! I can set my own hours, take time off with no penalty, work in the comfort of my own home and even make friends while doing so! I can type 90WPM so managing 3 chats at a time isn't difficult for me. It is very fast paced and enjoyable. You may get some angry customers who leave bad surveys, but then it is your responsibility to ensure you get better surveys for the remainder of your shift Personality is key!

Cons

The only cons are not being paid during training or meetings. The reason for this is it would throw off your average. They look at your chat hours, your sales and surveys and average the score and you get paid a bonus based on that. With meetings you aren't chatting or selling or getting surveys so it would negatively affect your pay.

Keep up the good work!

Lots of Typing, they will let you go without warming

I have been working at Talk2Rep as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The pro's are they you get to work from home and enjoy the benefit of not needing to have to talk directly to customers over the phone, everything is done via chat.

Cons

You have Quota's and if you don't meet those you will be let go, also your score is based on the surveys that customers give at the end of the chat.

Don't be so quick to fire people and rehire others so quick, without assisting in providing adequate training to help workers get their scores up.

Don't Believe What You See When You Look At Reviews. Work Here At Your Own Risk

Former Employee - Live Sales Chat Representative in Tamarac, FL
    Former Employee - Live Sales Chat Representative in Tamarac, FL

I worked at Talk2Rep as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Possibility of having a flexible schedule, work-from-home type of environment

Cons

Some of the challenges working here start from training all the way up to the actual chats themselves. With training, there is an issue with how it feels rushed and not all aspects of the chat environment is discussed. With the chat experience itself, it is very challenging if you don't have the right attitude to deal with rude customers and POC (Point of Contacts) taking their precious time to respond to you or provide you with the incorrect answer for your issue.

Even if the customer is rude to you, you will be penalized for it. I know that every job has its challenges but with this one, this is the first time I've ever experienced being penalized for trying to calm down a customer. They don't go over that much in training and I feel there needs to be emphasis on gathering a team of agents who are specifically trained to handle those type of customers instead of hanging regular agents out to dry and be verbally abused by rude customers. Some agents are not qualified to handle those type of issues and there needs to be a focus on having a training class that is designed to assist agents in handling these type of issues without fear of them getting in trouble.

Although they do pay a base salary, this is a sales oriented type of job and if you do not have the personality for it, please do not consider working here. If you have the personality to be a sales person, then by all means, go for it. It's not for everyone.

They need to reconsider some of the people that they have as POCs because some of them can be downright unhelpful. Most aren't but there are some that needs to be retrained in providing proper service to the people that they are assigned to help. There also needs to be more emphasis on handling escalated chat issues and also look into the possibility of having the option to remotely connect with customers who are having issues in completing their order. There also needs to be a creation of a sales escalation team to handle requests that are beyond the skills that most agents are trained in.

Horrible Company, Horrible Values

Former Employee - Customer Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at Talk2Rep part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work From Home. Simple systems for operation.

Cons

Where shall this begin.

As far as the difficulty of the job: This is a commission type job. You are paid an initial Salary, from there you have a sales quota to meet. If you do not meet there sales quota you are fired. The pay is $9.00.hr+ any sales. However Do not count on making much sales at all. The few people who were bringing in the sales had multiple, While most of the people who were on the team had 0. Let alone the complete and utter childishness of what they call "POC Mobility" supervisory positions. There are a few exceptions, However they either do not respond in a timely matter, some would make flagrant insults towards your knowledge of the product or the response was so vague it didn't enable a solution. I was not even 2 days in, receiving what can be identified as belittling attitudes towards even asking them questions. I'm kind of curious why they are even Employed. Google was a much better assistant than most of the POC mobility supervisors. I am a young man as were most of the specialist and I myself do not conduct such behavior especially in a professional level.

However insufficient this business is, it is indicative of what is going on nationwide in America. Business is being proliferated by carelessness. It's essentially, employ, squeeze the few bit of profit from the worker, fire. Repeat with another unsuspecting soul.

Consider gathering even Basic values for conducting business. I'm not sure how you fire your supervisory and management but maybe consider hiring those who are truly professional.

So far, so good

I have been working at Talk2Rep as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I was looking for a 2nd job to earn extra income. Searched around and applied for a job as a Sales Chat agent. It took 2-3 months to hear anything back, but finally I got a call. There were 2-3 interviews which included your typical interview questions and also a mock chat session. I was offered the position and went through the 2 week training program. Been on the job now for about 2 weeks and so far, so good. First paycheck will be this Friday.

The training program was ok with lots of canned training modules. Our instructor was very nice and was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the training. The "assignment" made things take longer than they needed to and I didn't think added much value to the training. We did get to ask lots of questions and were able to view live chats to see how the user interface looked as well as the content in the chats. The training prepares you somewhat for the real environment and there are plenty of people to ask questions if you need help. The pay is a base rate of $9 with opportunities to increase your hourly rate if you reach certain sales and survey milestones. In my opinion, most people who stick with this job will probably end up averaging $10-11 per hour. You basically get what you put into it. If you take the time to learn the products and all of the little nuances they provide you, it's possible to do pretty well at this. The main benefit to this job is I'm sitting at home, not actually talking to people and making money. You provide them a schedule that you'd like to work and they do their best to accomodate you. You are also an independent contractor, so you can operate as your own business when it comes to tax time.

Cons

Working in a virtual environment can sometimes be challenging because you rely so much on the computer and the speed of your internet connection. Do not think you can do this job with slower internet connection at your home. You need at LEAST 3-6mb download speed and at LEAST a 1mb upload speed. If you don't have that you'll be very frustrated with the lag. Also, make sure you've got a fast computer that is capable of having multiple windows open at the same time without bogging down. Of course, I'd like the pay to be better, but when you add in the benefits of not having to get dressed up or drive somewhere and deal with traffic and pay for gas, I can't complain. I don't really know about advancement opps since it's not really what I'm looking for with them. I think you can become a virtual point of contact if you are good at the sales chat. Otherwise, it's not too bad so far. As long as something unexpected happens, I think this is going to work out well.

Increase levels of pay for long term employees and those that are very good at their job.