Talk2Rep

Updated December 1, 2014
Updated December 1, 2014
2.4

Jim Ryan

Good work at home job, but you have to put in a LOT of after hours study time to succeed.

Former Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent

I worked at Talk2Rep as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Work from home. $9.00 per hour + bonus opportunities.

Cons

It was very stressful for me juggling 3 chats at once. Customer's expect you to have account access and we are suppose to tap dance around the fact that we do not. Bonuses and job security hinges on customer satisfaction with AT&T. This is not a purely sales job, but mostly customer service without account access, which makes it difficult to please customers. You only make money when you are chatting. There are several unpaid informational meetings per week that you need to attend to help you stay up to speed on the ever changing products and services that are offered. This job requires LOTS of study time on your part to know the 100's of products, plans and features, as well as procedures. Management is there to help, but can be extremely slow in responding to questions.

The job is very different than the training, and needs to be re-vamped. Some time should also be spent on how to diffuse angry customers, or create a special group that specializes in handling upset customers. Sales team should only help customers who are wanting to make a purchase. We should be allowed to transfer all other customers to customer care chat, without asking permission, or forced to blindly try to lead them through their online account.

Okay company....Great to work from home....Not very good pay

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Talk2Rep part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work from home
    You only chat, you don't talk with a phone

Cons

My hours were changed all the time
    They tell you can make a commission, but you rarely ever do
    Management can be unprofessional at times
    It's not as flexible as they tell you in the beginning

Consider raising the compensation and allowing flexible schedules.

DON'T DO IT!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service/Sales
    Former Employee - Customer Service/Sales

I worked at Talk2Rep full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You don't have to get dressed or talk to customers over the phone so background noise isn't an issue but that's about it....

Cons

They let me go because I was sick...Only missed 2 days which I didn't see as a biggie considering I filled in so many days I should have been off or come in early, plus I followed proper protocol. I had spoken to my POC & QA and told them what was going on and they told me they would document it and I would be fine. They would even text me to check on me and everything but then I go to log on for work and account had been disabled. I sent the QA a message to ask what was going on and she says I was terminated for No Call-No Show...wtf!! How is this so when i informed everyone I was supposed to my situation...

And on top of that , your pay is determined by the customer...when I say that, you can sell enough to make $13.00 an hour but customers get mad at you for things you can't control (pricing, not available for upgrades, billing, etc) and then will leave a bad survey...end result, you, the agent is penalized and I think bad reporter scores should be look at on a chat by chat basis and the POCs were sometimes a POS...no help at all.. I remember one night I was on, my POC, Anthony, was missing from chat for an hour at the least and I needed help and there was nobody else around.

Revamp your whole program. Everything from pay to scores from surveys, to POC/QA staff and training. I loved the type of job it was but hated the company I worked for.

Great Company All Around!

Current Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Tamarac, FL
    Current Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Tamarac, FL

I have been working at Talk2Rep as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I read all the reviews before interviewing so I was a skeptic. I am glad I went ahead and finished the training and began live chatting with real customers. I love it! I can set my own hours, take time off with no penalty, work in the comfort of my own home and even make friends while doing so! I can type 90WPM so managing 3 chats at a time isn't difficult for me. It is very fast paced and enjoyable. You may get some angry customers who leave bad surveys, but then it is your responsibility to ensure you get better surveys for the remainder of your shift Personality is key!

Cons

The only cons are not being paid during training or meetings. The reason for this is it would throw off your average. They look at your chat hours, your sales and surveys and average the score and you get paid a bonus based on that. With meetings you aren't chatting or selling or getting surveys so it would negatively affect your pay.

Keep up the good work!

Lots of Typing, they will let you go without warming

I have been working at Talk2Rep as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The pro's are they you get to work from home and enjoy the benefit of not needing to have to talk directly to customers over the phone, everything is done via chat.

Cons

You have Quota's and if you don't meet those you will be let go, also your score is based on the surveys that customers give at the end of the chat.

Don't be so quick to fire people and rehire others so quick, without assisting in providing adequate training to help workers get their scores up.

Don't Believe What You See When You Look At Reviews. Work Here At Your Own Risk

Former Employee - Live Sales Chat Representative in Tamarac, FL
    Former Employee - Live Sales Chat Representative in Tamarac, FL

I worked at Talk2Rep as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Possibility of having a flexible schedule, work-from-home type of environment

Cons

Some of the challenges working here start from training all the way up to the actual chats themselves. With training, there is an issue with how it feels rushed and not all aspects of the chat environment is discussed. With the chat experience itself, it is very challenging if you don't have the right attitude to deal with rude customers and POC (Point of Contacts) taking their precious time to respond to you or provide you with the incorrect answer for your issue.

Even if the customer is rude to you, you will be penalized for it. I know that every job has its challenges but with this one, this is the first time I've ever experienced being penalized for trying to calm down a customer. They don't go over that much in training and I feel there needs to be emphasis on gathering a team of agents who are specifically trained to handle those type of customers instead of hanging regular agents out to dry and be verbally abused by rude customers. Some agents are not qualified to handle those type of issues and there needs to be a focus on having a training class that is designed to assist agents in handling these type of issues without fear of them getting in trouble.

Although they do pay a base salary, this is a sales oriented type of job and if you do not have the personality for it, please do not consider working here. If you have the personality to be a sales person, then by all means, go for it. It's not for everyone.

They need to reconsider some of the people that they have as POCs because some of them can be downright unhelpful. Most aren't but there are some that needs to be retrained in providing proper service to the people that they are assigned to help. There also needs to be more emphasis on handling escalated chat issues and also look into the possibility of having the option to remotely connect with customers who are having issues in completing their order. There also needs to be a creation of a sales escalation team to handle requests that are beyond the skills that most agents are trained in.

So far, so good

I have been working at Talk2Rep as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I was looking for a 2nd job to earn extra income. Searched around and applied for a job as a Sales Chat agent. It took 2-3 months to hear anything back, but finally I got a call. There were 2-3 interviews which included your typical interview questions and also a mock chat session. I was offered the position and went through the 2 week training program. Been on the job now for about 2 weeks and so far, so good. First paycheck will be this Friday.

The training program was ok with lots of canned training modules. Our instructor was very nice and was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the training. The "assignment" made things take longer than they needed to and I didn't think added much value to the training. We did get to ask lots of questions and were able to view live chats to see how the user interface looked as well as the content in the chats. The training prepares you somewhat for the real environment and there are plenty of people to ask questions if you need help. The pay is a base rate of $9 with opportunities to increase your hourly rate if you reach certain sales and survey milestones. In my opinion, most people who stick with this job will probably end up averaging $10-11 per hour. You basically get what you put into it. If you take the time to learn the products and all of the little nuances they provide you, it's possible to do pretty well at this. The main benefit to this job is I'm sitting at home, not actually talking to people and making money. You provide them a schedule that you'd like to work and they do their best to accomodate you. You are also an independent contractor, so you can operate as your own business when it comes to tax time.

Cons

Working in a virtual environment can sometimes be challenging because you rely so much on the computer and the speed of your internet connection. Do not think you can do this job with slower internet connection at your home. You need at LEAST 3-6mb download speed and at LEAST a 1mb upload speed. If you don't have that you'll be very frustrated with the lag. Also, make sure you've got a fast computer that is capable of having multiple windows open at the same time without bogging down. Of course, I'd like the pay to be better, but when you add in the benefits of not having to get dressed up or drive somewhere and deal with traffic and pay for gas, I can't complain. I don't really know about advancement opps since it's not really what I'm looking for with them. I think you can become a virtual point of contact if you are good at the sales chat. Otherwise, it's not too bad so far. As long as something unexpected happens, I think this is going to work out well.

Increase levels of pay for long term employees and those that are very good at their job.

By far the worst job ever, will let you go without warning ~ Don't waster your time!

Former Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Live Chat Sales Agent in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Talk2Rep full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work from home position. That is it.

Cons

Pay and ability to keep job based on surveys
    WTR surveys based on if customers would recommend ATT
    Low pay
    Poor training
    Will let you go without warning

Don't base pay and ability to keep the job based on a willingness to recommend AT&T as a company, that's not the agents fault if they don't/ There is a wide array of reasons the customer would not recommend to another company. IE high bills, phone selection, customer service at the 1800 number that has nothing to do with us ( customer once rated me low because the prompts at the 1800 number to long ) It had nothing to with me as a CHAT REP FYI. They may also not recommend because they can't get the deal that they want on pricing or because AT&T does not do Early termination buyouts unlike T Mobile. Don't be so quick to terminate someone without warning when they haven't been out of training a good three weeks. Get a new trainer , she does not do a good job at all, I really don't understand why she he still has a job, if you are canning people left and right shortly after they get out of training, shouldn't you be looking at who is teaching them. I'm pretty sure she didn't get it in 3 weeks, she even said it took her several months to grasp all concepts. The POCs do nothing to help at all, one of the QA managers even suggested to just use GOOGLE for answers. Most people out of training new about the same as the customers asking the questions. The POCs are very fake and sneaky , will send smiling friendly messages when you have questions, knowing you will be canned the next day. Advice to upper management, instead of promoting incompetence "from within" find the right people fit for the job. This company does Not pay for training. You are required to work weekends. You have to pay $50.00 for a background check., non refundable of course. Do not waste your time with this company with no back up. They will terminate you without warning in the name of being professional, words from HR when I had to call them mind you after finding out I had been terminated. They will let you go without warning, you will log into your account one day to work, only t o find that your account has been disabled . Very "classy" and "professional" as HR put it when I confronted them. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Horrible Company, Horrible Values

Former Employee - Customer Representative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at Talk2Rep part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work From Home. Simple systems for operation.

Cons

Where shall this begin.

As far as the difficulty of the job: This is a commission type job. You are paid an initial Salary, from there you have a sales quota to meet. If you do not meet there sales quota you are fired. The pay is $9.00.hr+ any sales. However Do not count on making much sales at all. The few people who were bringing in the sales had multiple, While most of the people who were on the team had 0. Let alone the complete and utter childishness of what they call "POC Mobility" supervisory positions. There are a few exceptions, However they either do not respond in a timely matter, some would make flagrant insults towards your knowledge of the product or the response was so vague it didn't enable a solution. I was not even 2 days in, receiving what can be identified as belittling attitudes towards even asking them questions. I'm kind of curious why they are even Employed. Google was a much better assistant than most of the POC mobility supervisors. I am a young man as were most of the specialist and I myself do not conduct such behavior especially in a professional level.

However insufficient this business is, it is indicative of what is going on nationwide in America. Business is being proliferated by carelessness. It's essentially, employ, squeeze the few bit of profit from the worker, fire. Repeat with another unsuspecting soul.

Consider gathering even Basic values for conducting business. I'm not sure how you fire your supervisory and management but maybe consider hiring those who are truly professional.

Horrible supervisors

Former Employee - Live Sales Chat Representative
    Former Employee - Live Sales Chat Representative

I worked at Talk2Rep part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working from home and being comfortable at home.

Cons

Wishing I would had read the glass door comments before I started working there. I wanted to say that the supervisors do not help at all! When you need help you have to ask for it unpaid and they will take you out of your scheduled shift to do it and you cannot stay an extra hour unless they really need people, After less than a month of working there they said I could not work the rest of the week because they were over hours and I figured I was new and I was not performing as well as others since I was new. I was given the oportunity to change my hours since they were opening earlier and when changed they took 4 hours away I asked why and they said I was not doing as well as I should and when I do better they’ll give me my hours back. I have not gotten coaching or absulutely anything to tell me I’m doing bad after 3 weeks. I went ahead and I scheduled coaching on my own this friday… worked sunday for the first time and tuesday… At the end of my shift tuesday they went over on how to talk to a customer as far as treating them like a friend.On wednesday I came in and my account was locked, my supervisor had a talk with me for the first time in over a month. She said I wasn’t doing good, then around 2 hours later into my shift I asked how I was doing because I was actually trying. She said you got one bad survey put yourself on away, I did then she wrote over a chat you have been terminated from the account because you had coaching yesterday and you still got a bad review. Then before I could reply anything she took me off the system. I would like to add that my chats were about 35 words per minute, I was responding to the customer in a timely manner and I was selling well. What they care about is the SURVEYS if the surveys are everything good as far as you go… like as person it doesn’t matter!!!! what they look for is the first question, it asks will you recommend At&t to anyone. If its not a 9 or a 10 even though everything else is good, then they will fire you! All of my chats I have had for review have been everything is good they just don’t want to recommend the service. Thats the only question they look at for your scores. Will you recommend At&t.

Need to get the supervisors to train better especially the POCS.