Tallán

Add Photos

Craig Branning

Good experience at Tallan

Recruiter (Former Employee) Rocky Hill, CT

ProsGot to work with some of the most talented and brightest people the software world has to offer. There was a very good work life balance and being a smaller company the ability to impact the company in many different ways., The CEO was always ready to listen about new ventures if you could make a compelling business case. The CEO also saw me through some very difficult personal issues which he did not need to do and I was very appreciative of everything he did for me.

ConsI cannot think of any off the top of my head.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe consulting world is one of high stress and the contant need to adjust on the fly and Tallan does a very good job of adjusting and adpating very quickly and efficiently.

Conscientious and friendly employer

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI was very impressed by the recruiting, onboarding, and continued care Tallan shows candidates and employees. They invest a lot in finding really great people and treating them very well; the proof is a number of employees with more than a decade at the company. The benefits and incentive structure are great.

ConsOn-site work and travel are part of the lifestyle for many Tallan employees; it's a great way to make money but not always the most fun way to live. Word on the street is that Tallan is more specialized toward Microsoft and Sharepoint these days... not my cup of tea.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pursuing projects with open-source technology such as Spring. Develop a near-shore partner to provide cost-competitive services. Expand on your PMO services independent of implementation - that is a core strength you could leverage more.

unstable

Consultant (Former Employee) Rocky Hill, CT

Proslearn lots of different things, certification test compensation.

ConsInsane hours just to make profit goals

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce workload for better product and commitment to quality

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI can't think of any pros, really.

ConsBad project management, no work life balance, if they run of projects in the area you are gone.

Awesome Company

Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of room for growth, diverse resume in a short amount of time, and they are growing. Compensate very well. Open to new ideas and everyone is friendly.

ConsSo far is just communication with upper management, but even that is tolerable

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with people so that they know what is expected of them and so that the know what to expect.

A company that know how to treat people.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsTallan has its act together when it comes to HR operations and perks. They make you feel welcome and valued from day 1. You'd expect a firm that does a lot of on-site staffing to be dehumanizing, but Tallan is a very warm and friendly bunch of people. They've kept some developers and managers for a long time - I think that says it all.

ConsIt's mostly on-site work. Take it or leave it!

Advice to Senior ManagementFind more ways to leverage the creative energy and technical prowess of your team.

Mixed feelings

ProsSome of the greatest people to work with and some not so great.

ConsLimited advancement. More of a 'boys club'. If you're liked by the CEO, you have it made. No need to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave each others back. Nothing worse than a management team that are on opposite ends of the ring.

Worst company I ever worked for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNothing comes to my mind

ConsThey will tell there is a project close to your location, once you accept the offer the project doesn't exist anymore, and if there is no projects in your area they you let you go, no 2 weeks notice.

Inaccurate Representations

Consultant (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsMore transparent than some companies. Some of the people seem to enjoy working there.

ConsMy impression was that they often would try to tell you what they think you want to hear, even though what they are saying is not accurate.

I was recruited as a .NET developer, but was then tasked with manually recording the results of SQL queries into a large Excel spreadsheet. I had to keep track of my time spent on each query in another large Excel spreadsheet. This task was estimated to take about six months of effort.

I was only told this was the task they wanted me to do, late on the Friday afternoon before beginning work at the client's premises the following Monday.

During the interview process, I asked quite a few directed questions that should have revealed this task. When I brought this complaint to the person in charge of hiring me he agreed that I might feel "slightly misled". I was even told that I might someday get my "dream" of working on a .NET project.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople can only make informed decisions if you are honest.

One of the Best Consulting firms you could ever work for

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Wilton, CT

ProsEverything. Professional, client centric, cares about employees. The best project managers ever worked with.

ConsNone. They keep trying to improve on everything, and keep on doing it.

Advice to Senior ManagementClone yourselfs and send them to all the other consulting firms in the world! We need you out there!

Worked for Tallán? Contribute to the Community!