Tallgrass Talent Group

food demos

Former Employee - Food Demos in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Food Demos in Dallas, TX

I worked at Tallgrass Talent Group

Pros

lots of customer interaction, can be very fast paced

Cons

out of control children, rude, no manners, and left alone in a huge store with no parent around

Tall Grass , a totally unorganized Company

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in New York, NY

I worked at Tallgrass Talent Group

Pros

Only Pro:s I can see is getting to know the Customers and Store employees and having a good relationship with them

Cons

Lack of communication between managers and BA out in the field....also no way to contact the managers if a problem arises out in the field. Loads of paperwork, snail mail for reports in order to get paid. They do not recognize great/good BA:s for the results and relationships you form at stores....very quick to discipline Again, sporatic communications. There are better companys out there that have 21st century reporting practices and better pay.

Get your acts together, Be where you can be contacted, text email phone etc. Lousy way to let BA:s know when they are to be let go,

Not too bad

I have been working at Tallgrass Talent Group

Pros

They do provide plenty of work.

Cons

Their pay rates are lower than most other demonstration/talent companies

Supervisors tend to be a little too strict with the workers regarding how long it should take to set up, pack up, etc. Reprimands should only be given to BAs who have given a place a problem and not be taken out on all.

Great Part Time Gig

Former Employee - Product Demonstrator in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Product Demonstrator in Hartford, CT

I worked at Tallgrass Talent Group part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible with my schedule as an extra income job.
    They have a helpful office staff.

Cons

You do have to complete a lot of paperwork to get paid for the gigs you work, but their pay is timely.

Get with the digital age.

TALLGRASS - the best company NOT to work for!

Current Employee - Event Specialist
    Current Employee - Event Specialist

I have been working at Tallgrass Talent Group (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lets see mmmmm the pros mmmm nope can't think of any for the company. Now the stores are great and I love my job there.

Cons

I have been a product demonstrator for over 15 years and I have NEVER worked for a company like this one. Sunflower was GREAT! Tallgrass was suppose to make things even better. So lets see the improvements - lowered our pay by $10 a day, We now print our paperwork, we are expected to do any where from 2-5 companies products (by the way they paid for each company so the more we do the more they get paid) This company knows nothing about honesty, ethics or any employee satisfaction.

Learn now about how to treat employees before all the good one either go on strike or QUIT. Then look out for employees who know nothing and care nothing except the piddle paycheck You will lose more business than you can stand!!!!!

Very sporadic work schedule.

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Event Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Tallgrass Talent Group part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great for part time.

Cons

Jobs are posted on internet, first come first serve.....

Complete freedom!

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Miami, FL

I have been working at Tallgrass Talent Group as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

I am able to be super flexible in life and create a great personal life/career balance. I am able to choose which jobs I want to execute. This is a very rewarding position for a responsible individual who needs no supervision.
    I am able to meet people and I don't have to force sales.Everything thing sells itself through casual friendly conversation.No pressure!

Cons

Sometime work assignments are scarce and you are left to seek other opportunities. I really love this job, however because of this love...I am unable to commit to anyone else because I will fall short of any obligations.

Thoroughly read/review submitted paper work for demos before complaining to area managers. This is on ongoing issue. My forms are filled out with more than enough information and details to the letter!
    You need to have more training opportunities available.
    Please look into having more pay incentives commission wise.

Someone from this company will end up in Prison. They break every CA labor law by not paying employees

Former Employee - Wine Demonstrator in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Wine Demonstrator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Tallgrass Talent Group part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros for working for this company. Maria the manager is very nice. So there is one pro. Other than that this is the worst company....do not work for this company...go with another company.

Cons

They don't pay you and they are arrogant and nasty about it. Reported them to Better Business Bureau and to the FBI for corporate scams. Absolutely horrible company. A giant scam...breaks labor laws by not paying you...horrible.

Treat your employees better and pay them. You guys are evil. Wrote to the CEO of Gallo regarding why they should end their contract with you.

Good Luck getting paid

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Whittier, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Whittier, CA

I worked at Tallgrass Talent Group part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The ONLY pro I can share about Tallgrass is that my event supervisor was nice.

Cons

Your given an assignment you call a number to activate your corporate credit card, print a gazillion sheets of paper, you drive out to your assignment, you make a small purchase worth a dollar to let them know you are at your job. Then you must complete your performance report within 24hrs online and mail via snail mail the same report in order to get paid, how and when they processes your paperwork depends on the alignment of the stars.

You wait almost 30 days to get paid Only if paperwork gets processed in time and if they don't lose it, if they do I guess the stars were in conflict and you won't get paid....If you call to inquire, if your lucky to know who to call, you are scolded for not knowing their pay cycle which again depends on someones mood.

I feel sorry for Gallo wines who intrusted their demos to this company.

STOP and reflect a happy employee will walk that extra mile.

Great Place to Work for Supplemental Income

I have been working at Tallgrass Talent Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Choose your own hours, extra money for little work, fun atmosphere. I have read a lot of the other reviews and don't understand a lot of the complaints. Complaint: I have to bring my own table and supplies--You are told that before you are hired and not every event requires it. You can choose not to do that event. Dragging kits around--again, in the job description. No hiring from within--you are told this is part-time work and not a career. If you want a position in the company itself, apply at SunflowerGroup.com (Tallgrass is Sunflower they were not bought out it is just the demonstration side of the business). Career opportunities are plentiful within Sunflower.

Cons

I do agree that staffing does not invite many people to events (some left unassigned) and are difficult to contact. A lot of the Talent Specialist are Part-time and not Full-time. You are sent an email regarding the fact that email is the best way to communicate because of this.

Get your Talent Specialists in order and increase communication within the company. The right hand needs to know what the left hand is doing.