Talon Air

Talon Air Founder, President & CEO Adam Katz

Adam Katz

Very satisfying experience

Manager (Current Employee) Farmingdale, NY

ProsVery friendly and proactive upper management; down to earth and likable, even while catering to the highest-end clientele. The work environment is very employee-friendly, the only exception is when cigars are being smoked inside the building; it's uncomfortable for some, especially those with allergy issues.

ConsSmall family owned business, ownership sometimes has preconceived ideas about certain things that may not be feasible - it still comes across as demanded even though it's not feasible or sometimes even possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, it's exciting to see Talon growing and progressing as much as it is.

Made my life miserable

Marketing (Former Employee) Farmingdale, NY

ProsNone that I can think of. Seriously. Oh, they had good insurance.

ConsPaid next to nothing, paid late, my job and life were threatened multiple times. They took me to court when I quit.

Advice to Senior Managementhire new management

Complete Life Altering

Former Pilot (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsTerrific employees with a sense of a hometown feel. We all knew each other and had great camaraderie. We all lived in the area, so it was convenient to commute to work without the NY traffic. The mechanics were in-house and got the job done and on time...awesome bunch of guys.

ConsExtremely harsh management. Harsh emails from the Owner/CEO almost on a daily basis threatening to let you go or dock a day's pay. The rest of the management followed his lead and dealt with the employees in the same way, or they felt his wrath. Way below industry standard pay for all employees. No schedules to plan anything in your life. You worked for him 150% or you were considered a traitor. Way, way too many other disturbing issues to discuss.....Stay Away....

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company has been degrading its customers and employees for a very long time. The only advice I have is to shut the doors and let someone else buy it and start a new Charter company from scratch.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you don't value your personal life, this is the company for you.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Farmingdale, NY

ProsNew airplanes, new offices, money spent on keeping things top class.

ConsYou are expected to be in the office 10 - 12 hours a day, and when not in the office, be available 24/7 to answer phone calls and emails. If no response within 2 or minutes on email, CEO/Owner chimes in.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro managing every little task - let people do the job they are paid to perform. People need personal time - you do not give them that opportunity as they are expected to be working 24/7/365.

Worked for Talon Air? Contribute to the Community!