Talus Labs

2.1

Willy Aenlle

interesting so far.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Talus Labs full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The Berry Company rescued and breathed new life into the company formerly known as Webvisible, now rebranded as Talus Labs. The company is relatively small, less than 30 people and rebuilding its workforce. Work seems interesting so far. Hopefully, the company will be better than its predecessor. Everybody is really nice. Nice stipend for public transportation into Downtown LA

Cons

Talus Labs is still in its infancy, and appears to be focused on giving The Berry Company an online presence. I'm not sure yet how comfortable I am working on a product that failed to meet expectation at Webvisible.

Slow Burn

I have been working at Talus Labs

Pros

Nice offices with a good view

Cons

Ever changing focus with an exceptionally disengaged management layer for a company of its size.

Settle on a business plan

I won't be here much longer..

I have been working at Talus Labs

Pros

As others have mentioned, downtown building with a fantastic view. 401k vested on first day. Benefits are pretty standard and 4 weeks of vacation is quite nice.

Cons

Run by management who don't really know how to run a company. Not that I could run one either, but I'd like to at least work for people who do know how to run one! The future of this place is uncertain to me.

Milk it why you can! How you guys managed to get backers with such money is a mystery to me.

Don't expect to grow here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Talus Labs full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Located in Downtown LA, lots of places to check out during lunch time. People are for the most part nice and friendly. Talus is essentially Webvisible 2.0 minus the fluff.

Cons

The company doesn't have much of a future despite what upper management would want you to believe. The truth is they're not really certain themselves. Ride the wave while it lasts and prolong the inevitable as much as possible. I'm actually pretty amazed myself that the company has lasted this long. They acquire other companies in an attempt to expand, but what is that really going to do? The business has no solid direction.

The employees don't really seem that passionate about their work, understandably so. It feels like people are just there to cut a check. Departments seem pretty disconnected even though we sit right next to one another. Don't expect to be here for too long.

Don't expect this company to last much longer

I have been working at Talus Labs full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice view from the office floor. Open space environment (no offices or cubicles)

Cons

Company lacks clear directional focus. Founders are not passionate about their own company.

Morale in this company is low. Most employees seem to be happy to get a paycheck and really don't care much about their work. If they do care, it is frustrating to try and work harder when there is no enthusiasm even amongst the management team.