Talyst Reviews

Updated September 21, 2014
Updated September 21, 2014

Carla Corkern

I learned a lot, but saw no future.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Talyst full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The communication between the different departments is pretty good in comparison to most companies I have worked for.

Cons

The structure of the company is too top heavy. There is way to much management that conflicts with one another resulting in the same thing being done multiple times, while wasting time and resources.

Stop trying to play the blame game and just focus on fixing the problem.

Talyst was a good experience

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Talyst full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great co-workers and outstanding professional clientele. It was great to bring a real service to the healthcare industry, improving efficiency, reducing medication errors while lowering hospital cost.

Cons

Management was very closed minded. Hard to get them to listen without confrontation.
    There is little career growth potential. What you're hired as is what you'll likely always be.

Listen to your people and show the proper appreciation when jobs are well done.

I worked at Talyst full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is at the top of their market and up until recently the company has experienced a lot of growth. There is a lot of potential in their future.

Cons

Extremely top heavy. In support there were just about as many managers as there were support reps. A few of the managers are really counter productive by micromanaging everything. Often passing blame rather than working to fix a problem.

Review the structure of your top heavy management. The structure of the company and the team dynamics have changed in the last year and the processes in place waste a lot of time and resources. Management is overbearing and the work environment seems a lot like the movie "office space". Prior to the recent changes Talyst was an excellent company to work for.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Talyst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice technology. Good staff. 85% percent of management needs to be replaced.

Cons

Poor management. Too much back biting and egos.

They will not listen.

Great People,Sorry Company

I worked at Talyst full-time

Pros

Automation and managed medication for Skilled/Nursing Homes along with correctional facilities.This is a leading solution they are aggressive about.Good people that care and really want company to be successful

Cons

Upper management are not team players and only are listening to themselves and company is still in a fly by the seat pants mode,very lack the view of the big picture
    and successful implementation.

Look at the deals you lost and listen to your team's that are in the trenches

Master of none

I worked at Talyst full-time

Pros

I am speechless here... really.

Cons

Lack of knowledge about competition and where Talyst's products fit into the market... Resulting in overpriced and outdated products.

Know the market, know where you fit into it, strategize appropriately

Great Team, not so great management

Former Employee - Customer Support  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Talyst full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was exciting to be involved with such cutting edge technology and to make a difference in health care industry be helping to cut medical dose mistakes.

Cons

Unfortunately the management went through an overhaul and the entire atmosphere went from being a productive, fun, involved team atmosphere to a stressful, and toxic environment

Try to really communicate to your people, and give the credit to the people who are carrying addressing a lot of the difficult issues and carrying the company.

Great experience

Current Employee - Intern  in  Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Intern in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Talyst as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The people were great to work with. Very friendly environment. Great management.

Cons

There is not really any cons. Would have liked to make more, but I was there for the experience. Not the pay.

I do not have any at this time

Generally a decent place to work if you enjoy risks

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Talyst

Pros

Employees at Talyst are passionate about their jobs, and in general, excel at them. The work is important work, and it feels good to produce/support something which makes a difference in the world (probably even saves lives).

Cons

During the two years I worked there, they had layoffs every five months or so. It felt very unstable.

I think senior management has improved and has a chance of getting Talyst on its feet. It seems to me that some of the senior managers have a good, solid understanding of business principles, and I hope that the market improves so that their efforts will pay off.

The only advice I feel qualified to give is to show more respect for employees during layoffs. Don't rush them out the door like they are a disappointment and a failure, leaving them no opportunity to say goodbye. A severance package is a nice gesture, but a shove out the door is not. It would help morale of existing employees (who know they may be next) if they saw that they could expect respectful treatment even if they end up losing their jobs.

Also, the career growth requirement could be rethought. Although it was presented as a thoughtful gesture toward employees, it was actually another demand on an already crazy schedule. Even if we had miraculously found some quiet moments in our workday, I was told that company time could not be used for career growth activities, so it was a demand on our personal time. And, yes, Talyst offered to pay for classes, but it had to be paid back if the employee was not with the company for a whole year after the class was taken. That wasn't a very good bet, with the layoff rate. So in reality, the career growth requirement just added demands and didn't offer much in return.

Talyst, it's OK.

Former Employee - Rsd  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Rsd in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Talyst

Pros

The Product and Ideas Great. They are great for society, great for patients and hospital staff. When looking at other companies in this space this one should be easier to adapt to from a cultural perspective than AMB, Mckesson and others.

Cons

Poor execution of vision, Product cycles are too long, lack of urgency on operational issues, complex project management process. With the state of the US economy, many hospitals are not investing in capital equipment so targets are lofty and the ability to achieve them may not be realistic.

Invest in focused, measurable and timely improvements on product development. Invest in additional market research to vet product development and projects.

Worked for Talyst? Contribute to the Community!