Tamarac

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stuart DePina

Challenging opportunity, great outlook for the company

ProsThere are many opportunities to make a difference, and there is the option to work overtime if you don't mind long hours and weekends, which is not always available with every company so this can be a bonus for some people. In addition, promotions are available and employees are recognized with bonuses, awards, and promotions for their hard work and dedication.

ConsThey can ask for long hours, but will compensate with overtime. The work shifts are also very early work times, which can be a plus if you want to get out of the office early, but a minus if you are not an early bird. Good thing the office provides coffee and tea for their employees. There seems to be a constant turnover but this may be due to the entry-level positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better structure and processes and continue to keep employee morale high.

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNot too stressful, cool office, good location in the city. People are generally nice.

ConsTerrible pay, company organization is unclear, work is tedious. No one seems to know what is going on, very disorganized. No opportunity for advancement.

Really boring, unrewarding, can't wait for the day to end

Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsDress somewhat casual and quiet atmosphere. Lots of time to surf the internet and check your email. You would probably have to be mildly retarded not to be able to succeed at this place.

ConsHorrible managers. Really just the worst managers I've come into contact with. They don't listen to employees, are biased and self absorbed, no clue how to communicate with anyone. Because their product is so technical, I think they were able to get into this role because the company couldn't afford to loose them.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the petty personal issues management brings to the table. Make the office more enjoyable. Just because your employees are doing well at their jobs (or mastered your software) doesn't mean you should promote them to managers. Some people just don't know how to manage others.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Dull face to the pavement type work

Software Developer (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsDOwntown seattle, near a bus line, and a great product

ConsVery dull and un-communicative workforce - I guess like banking software should be. Most can;t wait till the 5o'clock bell, unless you're vested.

Advice to Senior ManagementQUit playing with cheap emotions from the work force. Try to bring some vision to the table.

Worked for Tamarac? Contribute to the Community!