Tanana Chiefs Conference

Employment Status

Reset
1.7
CEO

1. Plenty of nice people!

Current Intern - Administration Youth
    Current Intern - Administration Youth

I have been working at Tanana Chiefs Conference as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

My coworkers and supervisor are really nice. Everyone works hard to serve the native people. My hours are very flexible and I get a good long break in the day.

Cons

A lot of acronyms to understand. Need to be social to meet lots of people.

Advice to Management

Keep being nice

Health Information Technician

Current Employee - Health Information Tech in Fairbanks, AK
    Current Employee - Health Information Tech in Fairbanks, AK

I have been working at Tanana Chiefs Conference full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Holidays, Health benefits, Personal time off accrual, Understanding of the interim director of needing personal time off to take care of personal things.

Cons

Not enough busy work, Management is all about management. Trying to complete a task that has been given to you to finish and it has to go through the chain of command and they are to busy to complete the task that you have been working hard on trying to complete.

Advice to Management

Make time for your employees, listen to what their needs are. Be available to them when needed. Don't state you have an open door policy if you aren't available or your door is closed. Employee input is very important.

3. If your liked work is great, if your not your screwed!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairbanks, AK

I have been working at Tanana Chiefs Conference full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The health benefits are great. We get a lot of holidays and early outs before major holidays.

Cons

I've come to notice that if your not "white" and a supervisor then your screwed. My current supervisor breaks the Human Resources rules all the time and treats my department like crap and the Health Services Director or Human Resource won't do anything about it. As a supervisor your allowed to do what and what pleases and treat your employees however you want. I've had more supervisors than I've had years of employment, all the good ones leave after they find out how dysfunctional this company is. I'm just happy that I'm moving and won't have to be here anymore.

5. I have been searching for other employment since after my first month

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairbanks, AK

I have been working at Tanana Chiefs Conference full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro is the great insurance plan that this company provides, as well as employees are able to get seen in the Native clinic.

Cons

The patients that you get to deal with are the chronically inebriated, homeless transients or they have an attitude and sense of entitlement. This is a clinic that is free to them, and they demand the 5 star treatment. The management is also the same. there are a couple of the female managers that are actually decent to work with, but the others are rough to work for.

RSS Feed </> Embed