Tangent Reviews

Updated July 21, 2014

3.7

Fran D’Ooge
1 Rating

Great company and people, Very supportive.

Current Employee - BTS Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - BTS Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Tangent as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Responsive, flexible, straight-talking and strong ethical culture. International reach.

Cons

Have to be prepared to travel to different locations for projects.

Terrible place to work or contract for

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Wixom, MI
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Wixom, MI

I worked at Tangent full-time for more than a year

Pros

there is nothing good to say about this company

Cons

Stay away from any type of employment for or thru this company

what management they are not accountable

My experience at Tangent has been very positive - good team, excellent management!

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at Tangent

Pros

I believe you are able to achieve unlimited success in an environment that promotes professional growth, communications, relevant training, management support and cross mentoring with a talented cohesive team.

Cons

The nature of our work involes the uncertainity of human nature which can impact the day to day results occasionally.

The management is supportive to an individual's professional growth and success as well as the team's success and this combination makes the experience rewarding.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great organization, disappointing leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Tangent

Pros

This is a great, fast-paced, sales and production driven company. The business caters to the highest level of clients in the Washington, DC area and will go to any lengths to satisfy the customer. The staff is small and the benefits are not bad for a small-sized company.

Cons

Company owns you, no room for individualism, harsh abrasive leadership style, tends towards cliques. This company caters to top producers. Any employee who fails to stand out by making consistent and high-paying placements will soon be on the way out. Also, owner expects newcomer employees to be on board with her line of thinking, otherwise there can be no inclusion into the "family."

There is no I in Team. Consider moving from the clique-approach to a more team approach. Recognize that hard-core sales approach is not always effective as a motivator.

Excellart for my international career

Current Employee - RF Engineer  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Current Employee - RF Engineer in Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at Tangent as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Good mannered and qualified staff like Damian Butler
    They provided me chance to start international career and a platform to excell and grow.

Cons

consultants feels like having no connection to tangent other than a payroll company for clients.consultant has to take care of his extensions,etc himself.

Tangent should remain in contact with consultants to retain experienced resources.

Excellent company to work for and people to work with

I have been working at Tangent

Pros

great team ,management, learning environment-The opportunity to be think creatively and solve problems .No day is the same Able to build a career with colleagues you respect and provide a valuable service

Cons

No day is the same and the work is hard requiring discipline and continuous effort It can be very frustrating tiring to accomplish something that is influenced by so many variables many of which are not in your control

Management should continue to make it a priority to hire the best people and spend time training them especially the outside training and seminars- and then encourage independance

Worked for Tangent? Contribute to the Community!