Tangoe Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
2.7

Tangoe President and CEO Al Subbloie
Al Subbloie

Pros
  • Strong starting pay, decent commission rates, tons of freedom, ability to work from home (in 4 reviews)

• Is a casual work environment that still encourages success (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There's no room for true advancement (in 3 reviews)

• Senior Management lacks focus on customers and employees (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Good starting point

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule allowed me to set my hours so that I could complete my degree and work from home as needed. Casual dress

Cons

Not the greatest benefits but a good place to start learning and building a skill set for the future. Leadership is a tad disorganized

Tangoe worked hard to find the best fit for my abilities and aptitudes.

Current Employee - CSA  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - CSA in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tangoe does make a sincere effort to find responsibilities which are a good fit for their employees.

Cons

The difficulties I experienced with Tangoe were mostly related to personality conflicts. When I first started there, I had an excellent supervisor who made clear what my responsibilities were and constantly provided me with assignments which both challenged me and enabled me to learn more about the functions I was to be performing. However, when this supervisor was promoted to another department, his replacement lacked the experience and the ability to distribute the workload effectively, and left me feeling at a loss as to what my responsibilities then entailed and what parts of the job I was responsible for, and what parts of the job were supposed to be referred to management.

The responsibilities of each employee need to be communicated more effectively, because I was unable to determine where my responsibilities left off and where management was supposed to take over. I felt responsible to the client for all of their needs, but was not able to provide for those needs due to the hierarchy in place on my team.

Castles in the air

Current Employee - Junior IT Gopher Type Operations Person  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Junior IT Gopher Type Operations Person in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

Pros

There *are* some brilliant people and some interesting technical problems

Cons

GAAP reporting show losses, so financials are pro-forma. The same constructively wishful thinking is applied to product deadlines, headcount, and the layout of cubicles not even worthy of the name.

You may be the Leader, but it creates a major cognitive dissonance thing to be told we don't have 10K for a new Oracle license but we can pay executives millions of dollars per year. Changing a mere underling's title to "senior mere underling" without a pay increase or even a new chair leads one to question her real value to the firm.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are ok thats all

Cons

Not enough office space
    Very low pay for people who carry the company ( Inventory Analysts,Client Service Analyst,Provisioners)

There is need for constant training for all staff
    Too many cliques in the Parsippany office
    People feel threatened by those who have a Telecom background
    Stop lowballing employees who come to work at Tangoe with low pay because they were unemployed
    Pay employees a decent wage- many employees are unable to live on the low wages

They should make a reality TV show out of this place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company continues to grow and add new clients. With it comes growth and upward mobility. Tangoe also has a lot more to offer than just its MDM product. Laid back atmosphere with dogs in the office. So far almost everyone I have encountered in the office is friendly and helpful.

Cons

The pay could be better, but the benefits aren't bad. The atmosphere is laid back but there isn't much in the way of onsite amenities and the training is pretty flimsy.

One a CT star, now, not so much

I have been working at Tangoe part-time

Pros

Company has promise in a field that continues to grow and evolve. Mobile management continues to increase in importance for every company. New Tangoe solutions hold promise for helping businesses manage multiple growing technologies. Tangoe has the ability to help companies manage their connections better - not just their communications.

Cons

Senior management fails to provide leadership. Employees are viewed as assets, as long as you agree with the CEO. While there seems to be pockets of capable managers, this company is in for rough times if it doesn't soon place value on it greatest resource - people.

Ask your employees to help you make your business better instead of expecting them to only execute your demands. Remember that leadership requires communication and communication requires listening.

Not good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

Pros

company has a good product idea and I guess at one time, it was ahead of the game.

Cons

Management only cares about themselves. lots of favorites. I seriously am not sure if I had met one person there - even the long term employees and managers - who had anything good to say about the company. They were very invested and not leaving to look for another job- plus feared there would be retaliation from management. So sad. Such a depressed work environment.

Bad training. mid management not trained. not professional. They should keep great attorneys close by

Forgettable at best

Former Employee - Client Services Analyst  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Client Services Analyst in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Tangoe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- great work/life balance
    - laid back office environment/dress code
    - publicly traded company
    - impressive book of clientele
    - leaders in a niche industry
    - good health benefits

Cons

- severely underpaid
    - employees are micromanaged
    - middle management is unfit to lead
    - not enough resources to support clientele
    - too much office politics
    - everyone walks on eggshells
    - lack of professionalism
    - Parsippany, NJ building is a sauna
    - "ok" as a 2nd source of income
    - work is monotonous
    - IT team is a joke
    - nobody stays longer than a couple years
    - "Office Space" type environment
    - teams are constantly shuffled around due to the high turnover rate

Most managers and team leads have no leadership skills; they micromanage you. There's a big difference between a "boss" and a manager. Promote individuals who have the experience and qualifications to lead a team. Additionally, give employees an incentive to stay. Unfortunately, working for Tangoe is a job, not a career.

Potential

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Columbus, OH

I worked at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and the benefits are good. It's a relaxed atmosphere to work in.

Cons

Very disorganized. Always taking on new accounts without properly training people.

Love this job

Current Employee - Associate Helpdesk Specialist  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Helpdesk Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for less than a year

Pros

Our leadership team makes it very clear that if you have questions, ask. Very helpful with any issues I have had. I have time to get my tasks done throughput the day, and love that such care is taken in how we feel about our work environment ; "fun days" are scheduled, management compliments your via email when you've earned it, and consistent review is provided to let you know what you're doing right, and what you could improve on.

Cons

I've been a temp for 7 months and have continually preformed top notch per my scorecards. I would like to be hired. Pay raises are promised, but don't seem to be followed through on.

If you're going to go out of your way to announce exactly how pay raises are awarded, don't dally around with actually giving them out to the employees who actually meet the standards explained. Follow through.

Tangoe Photos

Snow storm

+ Add Photo

Worked for Tangoe? Contribute to the Community!