Tangoe Reviews

Updated August 19, 2014

2.8

Tangoe President and CEO Al Subbloie
Al Subbloie

They should make a reality TV show out of this place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company continues to grow and add new clients. With it comes growth and upward mobility. Tangoe also has a lot more to offer than just its MDM product. Laid back atmosphere with dogs in the office. So far almost everyone I have encountered in the office is friendly and helpful.

Cons

The pay could be better, but the benefits aren't bad. The atmosphere is laid back but there isn't much in the way of onsite amenities and the training is pretty flimsy.

Wow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are ok thats all

Cons

Not enough office space
    Very low pay for people who carry the company ( Inventory Analysts,Client Service Analyst,Provisioners)

There is need for constant training for all staff
    Too many cliques in the Parsippany office
    People feel threatened by those who have a Telecom background
    Stop lowballing employees who come to work at Tangoe with low pay because they were unemployed
    Pay employees a decent wage- many employees are unable to live on the low wages

One a CT star, now, not so much

I have been working at Tangoe part-time

Pros

Company has promise in a field that continues to grow and evolve. Mobile management continues to increase in importance for every company. New Tangoe solutions hold promise for helping businesses manage multiple growing technologies. Tangoe has the ability to help companies manage their connections better - not just their communications.

Cons

Senior management fails to provide leadership. Employees are viewed as assets, as long as you agree with the CEO. While there seems to be pockets of capable managers, this company is in for rough times if it doesn't soon place value on it greatest resource - people.

Ask your employees to help you make your business better instead of expecting them to only execute your demands. Remember that leadership requires communication and communication requires listening.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

Pros

company has a good product idea and I guess at one time, it was ahead of the game.

Cons

Management only cares about themselves. lots of favorites. I seriously am not sure if I had met one person there - even the long term employees and managers - who had anything good to say about the company. They were very invested and not leaving to look for another job- plus feared there would be retaliation from management. So sad. Such a depressed work environment.

Bad training. mid management not trained. not professional. They should keep great attorneys close by

Potential

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Columbus, OH

I worked at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and the benefits are good. It's a relaxed atmosphere to work in.

Cons

Very disorganized. Always taking on new accounts without properly training people.

Forgettable at best

Former Employee - Client Services Analyst  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Client Services Analyst in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Tangoe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- great work/life balance
    - laid back office environment/dress code
    - publicly traded company
    - impressive book of clientele
    - leaders in a niche industry
    - good health benefits

Cons

- severely underpaid
    - employees are micromanaged
    - middle management is unfit to lead
    - not enough resources to support clientele
    - too much office politics
    - everyone walks on eggshells
    - lack of professionalism
    - Parsippany, NJ building is a sauna
    - "ok" as a 2nd source of income
    - work is monotonous
    - IT team is a joke
    - nobody stays longer than a couple years
    - "Office Space" type environment
    - teams are constantly shuffled around due to the high turnover rate

Most managers and team leads have no leadership skills; they micromanage you. There's a big difference between a "boss" and a manager. Promote individuals who have the experience and qualifications to lead a team. Additionally, give employees an incentive to stay. Unfortunately, working for Tangoe is a job, not a career.

Love this job

Current Employee - Associate Helpdesk Specialist  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Associate Helpdesk Specialist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for less than a year

Pros

Our leadership team makes it very clear that if you have questions, ask. Very helpful with any issues I have had. I have time to get my tasks done throughput the day, and love that such care is taken in how we feel about our work environment ; "fun days" are scheduled, management compliments your via email when you've earned it, and consistent review is provided to let you know what you're doing right, and what you could improve on.

Cons

I've been a temp for 7 months and have continually preformed top notch per my scorecards. I would like to be hired. Pay raises are promised, but don't seem to be followed through on.

If you're going to go out of your way to announce exactly how pay raises are awarded, don't dally around with actually giving them out to the employees who actually meet the standards explained. Follow through.

Outdated, underfunded, IT management is winging it, don't bother

Former Employee - Network Security Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Network Security Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Tangoe full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Still feels like a start-up (but it really isn't, they have been going for over 13 years now)
    -Because they have had so many people leave on them, they will be willing to give you decent/market pay, but nothing more than that.

Cons

-IT manager is not reliable or consistent and seems to trivialize big problems -- one of the many reasons so many have left this company's IT department over the past few years. It seems like the IT manager is just biding his time for a promotion rather than going to bat for his department. A lot of denial and too many redbulls to focus on any one conversation for more than a minute.
    -Outdated infrastructure, no budget. New best practices and network design proposals are shot down out of ignorance and unwillingness to invest in the necessary upgrades.
    -Your daily work will be very mundane and painful as each data center/branch location is designed poorly and requires a significant amount of manual, time consuming, error-prone provisioning.
    -CFO is not just the accountant, but also the IT leader (CIO) which means every expense is answered with "NO" -- you will be asked to make their next generation applications run on office depot bought gear instead of from a real network vendor.
    -Benefits: Read the fine print, they aren't very competitive, especially healthcare.

Pay attention to the consistently long list of IT professionals coming and going from this place -- IT leadership and infrastructure problems. There is a reason why you can't keep good people at this organization.

Toxic People

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Tangoe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a steady paycheck if this is your only opportunity in life.

Cons

There's no room for upward mobility. And you work with undesirable people.These were some of the worst people I've ever met. Backstabbing and infighting are common everyday occurrences. Plenty of sycophants.

Stop hiring people that were fired by other TEM companies. There's a good reason why these people were let go in the first place. The reason why they were let go always rears it's ugly head a few months after they come on board. A company will not let a good employee go unless it's on the verge of going out of business!

Do not bother

Former Employee - Mobile Device Analyst  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Mobile Device Analyst in Waltham, MA

I worked at Tangoe full-time for less than a year

Pros

money was reasonable - close to my house
    The do not hire contractors - so direct hire position (something I have not done in a long time - and was interested in).

Cons

I never worked here. Went on Interview last year. First day - I went in and interviewed with 3 people. Never heard back - then a month latter got called in for a second interview. Said I was a better fit for a different position. Went in for a second set of 3 interviews. Again - heard nothing. Then called in for a third set of three interviews. The third person seem kind of rude spent whole interview bragging of an upcoming trip to the UK. A week latter I was told I was not strong enough. A few month ago they called me again - I hung up on them. So I took 3 days off from my job - lost a lot of money and was told I was not qualified for a job I am still doing (at a different company). I now support a 20,000 device environment (the smallest I ever ran) - when asked about the Tangoe product - I tell companies that not only are they a niche product but they are run by idiots. MDM solutions -Boxtone / Airwatch / Mobile Iron - I work with all but Tangoe. By the way - I have been in the industry for 15 years and hold multiple certifications and awards. I was not impressed. Poor talent evaporators. They waste your time.

Director stated he was gambling his whole company on Rim/Blackberry going out of business. It might happen however the Canadian government is backing Rim?Blackberry - so this particular gamble seems risky.

Worked for Tangoe? Contribute to the Community!