Tangoe
www.tangoe.com Orange, CT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Tangoe Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014
Tangoe – Parsippany – “Snow storm”

Tangoe President and CEO Al Subbloie

Al Subbloie

Potential

Customer Service (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsThe people and the benefits are good. It's a relaxed atmosphere to work in.

ConsVery disorganized. Always taking on new accounts without properly training people.

Love this job

Associate Helpdesk Specialist (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsOur leadership team makes it very clear that if you have questions, ask. Very helpful with any issues I have had. I have time to get my tasks done throughput the day, and love that such care is taken in how we feel about our work environment ; "fun days" are scheduled, management compliments your via email when you've earned it, and consistent review is provided to let you know what you're doing right, and what you could improve on.

ConsI've been a temp for 7 months and have continually preformed top notch per my scorecards. I would like to be hired. Pay raises are promised, but don't seem to be followed through on.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're going to go out of your way to announce exactly how pay raises are awarded, don't dally around with actually giving them out to the employees who actually meet the standards explained. Follow through.

Outdated, underfunded, IT management is winging it, don't bother

Network Security Engineer (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

Pros-Still feels like a start-up (but it really isn't, they have been going for over 13 years now)
    -Because they have had so many people leave on them, they will be willing to give you decent/market pay, but nothing more than that.

Cons-IT manager is not reliable or consistent and seems to trivialize big problems -- one of the many reasons so many have left this company's IT department over the past few years. It seems like the IT manager is just biding his time for a promotion rather than going to bat for his department. A lot of denial and too many redbulls to focus on any one conversation for more than a minute.
    -Outdated infrastructure, no budget. New best practices and network design proposals are shot down out of ignorance and unwillingness to invest in the necessary upgrades.
    -Your daily work will be very mundane and painful as each data center/branch location is designed poorly and requires a significant amount of manual, time consuming, error-prone provisioning.
    -CFO is not just the accountant, but also the IT leader (CIO) which means every expense is answered with "NO" -- you will be asked to make their next generation applications run on office depot bought gear instead of from a real network vendor.
    -Benefits: Read the fine print, they aren't very competitive, especially healthcare.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the consistently long list of IT professionals coming and going from this place -- IT leadership and infrastructure problems. There is a reason why you can't keep good people at this organization.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toxic People

Parsippany, NJ

ProsIt's a steady paycheck if this is your only opportunity in life.

ConsThere's no room for upward mobility. And you work with undesirable people.These were some of the worst people I've ever met. Backstabbing and infighting are common everyday occurrences. Plenty of sycophants.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring people that were fired by other TEM companies. There's a good reason why these people were let go in the first place. The reason why they were let go always rears it's ugly head a few months after they come on board. A company will not let a good employee go unless it's on the verge of going out of business!

Do not bother

Mobile Device Analyst (Former Employee)
    Waltham, MA

Prosmoney was reasonable - close to my house
    The do not hire contractors - so direct hire position (something I have not done in a long time - and was interested in).

ConsI never worked here. Went on Interview last year. First day - I went in and interviewed with 3 people. Never heard back - then a month latter got called in for a second interview. Said I was a better fit for a different position. Went in for a second set of 3 interviews. Again - heard nothing. Then called in for a third set of three interviews. The third person seem kind of rude spent whole interview bragging of an upcoming trip to the UK. A week latter I was told I was not strong enough. A few month ago they called me again - I hung up on them. So I took 3 days off from my job - lost a lot of money and was told I was not qualified for a job I am still doing (at a different company). I now support a 20,000 device environment (the smallest I ever ran) - when asked about the Tangoe product - I tell companies that not only are they a niche product but they are run by idiots. MDM solutions -Boxtone / Airwatch / Mobile Iron - I work with all but Tangoe. By the way - I have been in the industry for 15 years and hold multiple certifications and awards. I was not impressed. Poor talent evaporators. They waste your time.

Advice to Senior ManagementDirector stated he was gambling his whole company on Rim/Blackberry going out of business. It might happen however the Canadian government is backing Rim?Blackberry - so this particular gamble seems risky.

Great people, you have to make your own way.

Client Services Analyst (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsHealth benefits are really good. It's a small enough company that if you are great, you will be noticed. If you are terrible, you will be noticed. Company has a strong vision and as a result, a great future.

ConsVery informal training processes for most area. Compensation is constrained very tightly through corporate policy. We sometimes lose great people because of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress both of those cons. Consider the value of a more standardized training program, providing actual training to individuals who train, to equip them to be more successful in preparing new employees. Too much of our processes is fly by the seat of your pants. Understand that our people will drive the distance between us and our competitors because time will allow competitors to compete with us on software. We need to obtain, develop, and retain talent. Improving compensation and providing greater transparency in compensation will allow that.

Good place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnice people and fun environment

Consmanagement sometimes not willing to listen to employee suggestions

Tangoe Preview

CSA (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsNice people in entry-levl positions.

ConsPoor Management, Lack of respect for employees. Theft of ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the frontline. They are keepin the coming afloat.

Temped so bad it hurt

(Former Employee)
    Orange, CT

ProsAutonomy is encouraged. I was ok with being assigned my desk, phone and email with little discussion on tasks and priorities. If I didn't know what I was doing it would have not have been pleasant.

ConsI was hired as a temp. I was told my predecessor had to leave because she was experiencing some personal problems. Two and half successful weeks in my manager started nitpicking my work and was no longer talking to me. One day she noted "you must be swamped" and the next I wasn't doing my job.

Friday I was called into HR and my manager proceeded to tell me how horrible of a job I was doing. The HR director actually backed up my manager and said I wasn't a good fit. I was walked out of the building.

My predecessor started back at work come Monday morning. I discovered this when she accepted a connect request on LinkedIn.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonesty is always the best policy even if it is bad news. I would have still taken the job even if I knew it would only be a 3 week assignment. Immoral business practices aren't illegal but in this particular situation could have been avoided with pure honesty.

My experience with Tangoe was extremely disappointing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTangoe is a public company.

ConsFrom an employee perspective, there is zero employee engagement, poor senior leadership, no room for growth, long hours for mediocre pay, and poor employee morale.

From a business model perspective it is hard to see how Tangoe has any chance to succeed as a viable company in the future. Tangoe is very much a global company with offices in China, Europe and now Brazil and Tangoe also has some impressive logos in its client portfolio, but even with all of that the company has only been able to generate a GAAP net income of 5 million dollars for all of 2013. The company is also trading at a P/E ratio of 157.33, meaning that investors are expecting growth in the future. But the growth has been limited and any growth the company has seen thus far was purely due to an acquisition strategy and not organic growth. This ties into the lawsuit Tangoe is fighting in which they allegedly mislead investors on their growth strategy. (You can form your own opinion) Tangoe reached its ceiling after its IPO in 2011 and it will be interesting to see the revolving door of defections of senior leadership in coming years as their stock options vest.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest to employees.
    Create and develop more defined career paths.
    Compensate your employees fairly.

Worked for Tangoe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tangoe reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tangoe CEO Al Subbloie. All 44 reviews posted anonymously by Tangoe employees.