Tangoe
www.tangoe.com Orange, CT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Tangoe Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014
Tangoe – Parsippany – “Snow storm”

Tangoe President and CEO Al Subbloie

Al Subbloie

Tangoe Preview

CSA (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

ProsNice people in entry-levl positions.

ConsPoor Management, Lack of respect for employees. Theft of ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the frontline. They are keepin the coming afloat.

Temped so bad it hurt

Orange, CT

I worked at Tangoe full-time for less than a year

ProsAutonomy is encouraged. I was ok with being assigned my desk, phone and email with little discussion on tasks and priorities. If I didn't know what I was doing it would have not have been pleasant.

ConsI was hired as a temp. I was told my predecessor had to leave because she was experiencing some personal problems. Two and half successful weeks in my manager started nitpicking my work and was no longer talking to me. One day she noted "you must be swamped" and the next I wasn't doing my job.

Friday I was called into HR and my manager proceeded to tell me how horrible of a job I was doing. The HR director actually backed up my manager and said I wasn't a good fit. I was walked out of the building.

My predecessor started back at work come Monday morning. I discovered this when she accepted a connect request on LinkedIn.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonesty is always the best policy even if it is bad news. I would have still taken the job even if I knew it would only be a 3 week assignment. Immoral business practices aren't illegal but in this particular situation could have been avoided with pure honesty.

My experience with Tangoe was extremely disappointing.

I worked at Tangoe full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTangoe is a public company.

ConsFrom an employee perspective, there is zero employee engagement, poor senior leadership, no room for growth, long hours for mediocre pay, and poor employee morale.

From a business model perspective it is hard to see how Tangoe has any chance to succeed as a viable company in the future. Tangoe is very much a global company with offices in China, Europe and now Brazil and Tangoe also has some impressive logos in its client portfolio, but even with all of that the company has only been able to generate a GAAP net income of 5 million dollars for all of 2013. The company is also trading at a P/E ratio of 157.33, meaning that investors are expecting growth in the future. But the growth has been limited and any growth the company has seen thus far was purely due to an acquisition strategy and not organic growth. This ties into the lawsuit Tangoe is fighting in which they allegedly mislead investors on their growth strategy. (You can form your own opinion) Tangoe reached its ceiling after its IPO in 2011 and it will be interesting to see the revolving door of defections of senior leadership in coming years as their stock options vest.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest to employees.
Create and develop more defined career paths.
Compensate your employees fairly.

Once of the worst places to work

Austin, TX

I worked at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

ProsIt was close to home. That's it. Some people want to improve the systems and processes used in the company, unfortunately they're not in charge.

ConsWhere to begin? Company making acquisition at a frantic place without giving time to integrate systems and getting the best people. Some professional employees not very professional-some have absolutely no etiquette. Pass the buck, not my fault mentality. I would expect as much, since those are the type of people getting regular promotions. People in charge are first to blame others. Lots of negative gossip behind your back followed by outright lies. Best practices used in the industry really not followed here; apparently they think they're better than companies that have been around much longer and are industry leaders. Would not go back even if they doubled my salary. Some people were just plain mean spirited and horrible. They will have to work very hard to move up to 'Suck at what they do'. Many I have worked with have said Tangoe was a much better place to work before these people joined the company.

If I could give 0 stars for some of the ratings, I would.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrantic growth has led to more, just not the best people.

Be carefull of working in in customer service (call center)!!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

ProsEasy work overall, relaxed environment

ConsVery little communication. Management has a great habit of "surprizing" people with write ups, corrective action and more. Pay raises for the last 2 years have been poor and dispite what is advertised, there is very little room for advancement and current trend seems to be to hire management from outside the company. Again, this is just the call center.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your people, treat them with respect and have a open door.

Building the business through acquisitions

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

Pros- Make money on the stock hype
- People at the Top are making money on the company issued stocks

Cons- Training non existent
- Have a Systems engineer lead the Sales Training Program - a J recipe for disaster
- TEM market is passe

Advice to Senior Management- Hire a "Professional Sales Training company" to hold formal sales training
- Sales VPs do not support their sales people ... replace weak middle Sales Managers
- Sales Cycle too long...

Texan cowboys

I have been working at Tangoe

ProsGrowing business which typically comes with opportunities

ConsNo org set up, very poor communication. Acquisition done and no integration

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate

Not very innovative or structured

Orange, CT

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

Pros"Summer hours". Choice departments are allotted the opportunity to pack-up & leave early on Fridays, given that your work is complete for the week.

ConsCompany isn't very keen on acquiring exceptional talents. Those whom they have been lucky to invite through the doors have either left, abruptly, or are squandered away. The Tangoe culture is counter-intuitive to the cultivation of superior skill sets learned from outside the company--bewildering but true. There is also a blatant dishonesty which protrudes from the recruiting department. I am not sure if the fallacy stems from Recruitment itself, or management from the departments it works on behalf.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace incompetent Middle Management and legacy employees with the brighter, more qualified employees within rank. In a market that is expanding you need the appropriate personnel in day-to-day operations. Take a page from the Sales dept.

Sharks are still swimming

I have been working at Tangoe full-time for more than a year

ProsThe paycheck pays the bills. Great co-workers.

ConsThis company doesn't give any incentives to the employees of the smaller companies they've purchased. The merit raises are bare minimal. The computers are outdated and they won't give employees updated computers or laptops. There's no room for true advancement.

Unorganized and "figure it out on your own" type of company

I worked at Tangoe full-time

ProsEmployees are bright and hard working

ConsLacking focus on employee satisfaction, salaries not up to par unless you are part of the "in crowd", sink or swim atmosphere

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's the employees who keep you afloat stop worrying about your own pockets and realize where the true value lays

Worked for Tangoe? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tangoe reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tangoe CEO Al Subbloie. All 37 reviews posted anonymously by Tangoe employees.