Tangoe

2.9

Tangoe President and CEO Al Subbloie
Al Subbloie

Good for Freshers

Current Employee - Consultant - Operations  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Consultant - Operations in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Benefits are good, however no competitive environment, Atmosphere could be better. Casual Dress Code. Very less Salary Hike.

Cons

Client Delight is one of the biggest Cons. No additional Perks or incentive. Growth is very difficult but not impossible

Please fulfill the Employee Needs and have a faster resolution...

Not good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Pros

company has a good product idea and I guess at one time, it was ahead of the game.

Cons

Management only cares about themselves. lots of favorites. I seriously am not sure if I had met one person there - even the long term employees and managers - who had anything good to say about the company. They were very invested and not leaving to look for another job- plus feared there would be retaliation from management. So sad. Such a depressed work environment.

Bad training. mid management not trained. not professional. They should keep great attorneys close by

Wow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Benefits are ok thats all

Cons

Not enough office space
    Very low pay for people who carry the company ( Inventory Analysts,Client Service Analyst,Provisioners)

There is need for constant training for all staff
    Too many cliques in the Parsippany office
    People feel threatened by those who have a Telecom background
    Stop lowballing employees who come to work at Tangoe with low pay because they were unemployed
    Pay employees a decent wage- many employees are unable to live on the low wages

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have been working for Tangoe for over a year and I really enjoy the work and the people.

Current Employee - Project Support Specialist  in  Milton, Oxfordshire, South East England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Support Specialist in Milton, Oxfordshire, South East England, England (UK)

Pros

I went from the Helpdesk to being a Project Support Specialist. I was seconded from the Helpdesk because the Implementation team had a back log of work to complete. Originally I was staying within the team for around three months. A job then came out for PSS so I went through the interview process and I am now working full time on the Implementation team. I have been working within the team for around 6 months. I love working with everyone within the team as we support each other and help each other out to reach targets.

Cons

Can be a very high workload - but it keeps it interesting!

One a CT star, now, not so much

Pros

Company has promise in a field that continues to grow and evolve. Mobile management continues to increase in importance for every company. New Tangoe solutions hold promise for helping businesses manage multiple growing technologies. Tangoe has the ability to help companies manage their connections better - not just their communications.

Cons

Senior management fails to provide leadership. Employees are viewed as assets, as long as you agree with the CEO. While there seems to be pockets of capable managers, this company is in for rough times if it doesn't soon place value on it greatest resource - people.

Ask your employees to help you make your business better instead of expecting them to only execute your demands. Remember that leadership requires communication and communication requires listening.

Forgettable at best

Former Employee - Client Services Analyst  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Client Services Analyst in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

- great work/life balance
    - laid back office environment/dress code
    - publicly traded company
    - impressive book of clientele
    - leaders in a niche industry
    - good health benefits

Cons

- severely underpaid
    - employees are micromanaged
    - middle management is unfit to lead
    - not enough resources to support clientele
    - too much office politics
    - everyone walks on eggshells
    - lack of professionalism
    - Parsippany, NJ building is a sauna
    - "ok" as a 2nd source of income
    - work is monotonous
    - IT team is a joke
    - nobody stays longer than a couple years
    - "Office Space" type environment
    - teams are constantly shuffled around due to the high turnover rate

Most managers and team leads have no leadership skills; they micromanage you. There's a big difference between a "boss" and a manager. Promote individuals who have the experience and qualifications to lead a team. Additionally, give employees an incentive to stay. Unfortunately, working for Tangoe is a job, not a career.

great colleagues, nice working environment

Current Employee - Service Delivery Executive  in  Dresden (Germany)
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Executive in Dresden (Germany)

Pros

I am based in Dresden, Germany but basically I work together with the English team in Abingdon. It was priority for me to be able learn new skills and it was clear from the very beginning that in my new position I will have several opportunities to do that. My manager and colleagues in the UK and in Germany are highly supportive and helpful. My role is to ensure the best options and transparency for our clients, analysing and advising of the most cost-effective telecommunication packages. What I like the most about my work is that the Abingdon team provides me a lot of new knowledge and skills but I can also acquire German methods. This mixture helps me to achieve a more comprehensive view on the life cycle management of Tangoe.

Cons

The international teamwork is good but sometimes it is challanging to keep in touch.

They should make a reality TV show out of this place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

This company continues to grow and add new clients. With it comes growth and upward mobility. Tangoe also has a lot more to offer than just its MDM product. Laid back atmosphere with dogs in the office. So far almost everyone I have encountered in the office is friendly and helpful.

Cons

The pay could be better, but the benefits aren't bad. The atmosphere is laid back but there isn't much in the way of onsite amenities and the training is pretty flimsy.

Some departments don't know the value of Developers.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer - Product Development  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer - Product Development in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Work environment is good, flexible work hours and work from home option is there, Peoples are very co-operative. HR Policies are good and no variable pay in the CTC, which is good. some great team members and colleagues

Cons

*Some departments wants developers with them but they don't know how to handle Developers.* Huge Salary Issue (compare to RND or Development Dept), * High expectations from developers but * improper hikes, *You cant learn any new technology, Work is not good,

* Provide all same chances to grow and learn if they have same profile.
    * A successful company has happy employees, most of your employees are not happy!
    * I know this company is very good but problems are in some departments...
    ** Keep focus on the employee how spent 2 -3 years in the company and he know all the flow of the product... Try to keep him in company at any cost ... Bcoz he can do work more the 3 new Joinee, as new person will again take min 1 yrs to understand the flow at code level.

great company , great people

Pros

challenging , international opportunities , adding value to major corporations in a growing company with undervalued great people on board

Cons

its growth spurt does attract people from other companies importing way of doing business far away from a start up mentality

Worked for Tangoe? Contribute to the Community!