Tanner Medical Center Carrollton

CEO

Awesome Company

Former Employee - Business Office in Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Business Office in Carrollton, GA

I worked at Tanner Medical Center Carrollton full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I loved working at Tanner. Senior management makes a great effort to show that they care about all employees, and have regular hospital wide meetings to keep staff informed of upcoming changes and current status of the hospital. They offer a discount on insurance premiums for meeting certain health standards (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc) and if you don't meet these standards offer online classes you can take to still receive the discount. Lots of employee events...I wish I could work here again but relocated to Atlanta and the drive is just too far. I now work for another hospital system and there are exponential differences between the two. Tanner is truly making an effort to expand and become a leader in the healthcare field. Great example of work/life balance. Raises depending on performance and yearly bonuses.

Cons

Challenges for me were working in a very small and conservative town (which equaled conservative coworkers!) This was very challenging at times...I find my coworkers at my current job are much more open-minded.

It is very hard to work for this company if you are not a RN or higher. This place will stomp you down not build you up.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Villa Rica, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Villa Rica, GA

I have been working at Tanner Medical Center Carrollton full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Just having a job. Nothing else I can think of.

Cons

Everything! They do not care about there people at all. If you can find a job somewhere else. Go to well star or to Atlanta.

Learn how to manage fairly. It is sad when you are told by management "surgical techs are a dime a dozen". There is no one to talk to here. Employees will not tell any one about the issues for fear of termination. There have even been RNs and Doctors threaten others with physical violence in front of Management and nothing is done!

I have loved working for Tanner!

Current Employee - Mental Health Technician in Villa Rica, GA
    Current Employee - Mental Health Technician in Villa Rica, GA

I have been working at Tanner Medical Center Carrollton part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great bonuses
    They take care of their employees
    Community involvement

Cons

I really don't have anything bad to say about Tanner. They are great to work for!

None

Good Environment...Bad Pay

Current Employee - Evs in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Evs in Carrollton, GA

Pros

Personal Growth and knowledge of helping patients is rewarding. Schedule is flexible. Nice comfortable atmosphere and good people to work with.

Cons

Underpaid. Hard to advance and move up. Not challenging or does not require any thought to perform. Extremely Petty and nit picky office personnel.

Provide better opportunities to movies up in company. Better benefits and pay.

Good company

I worked at Tanner Medical Center Carrollton part-time

Pros

Good Benefits and fair salary

Cons

Very busy schedule at all time. Able to have lunch break seldomly.

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Non-clinical Professional in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Non-clinical Professional in Carrollton, GA

Pros

Working in a non-profit healthcare setting is very rewarding. Employees and leadership really care about each other and the community. Most employees see their work not as a job but as a service to others. Bonus program that rewards employees when the organization succeeds. Tanner is financially responsible and committed to serving the community for the long-term.

Cons

The pressures of healthcare reform and the changing healthcare industry have made it really challenging for leadership and employees. Although it gives us an opportunity to pull together to face the challenges, it won't be easy.

Keep communicating regularly to employees about the challenges and opportunities we face.

Good opportunity to gain experience with a few downfalls.

Former Employee - Volunteer in Villa Rica, GA
    Former Employee - Volunteer in Villa Rica, GA

I worked at Tanner Medical Center Carrollton as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

You can gain some useful experience that can help build your resume if you want to continue working in the healthcare field. Many of the people that work there are friendly and open.

Cons

A lot of the people working there don't optimize their potential. Most of the nurses never get in a hurry and socialize more than necessary. There were several times when I volunteered in the ER that the ER tech and I were the only people around with the nurses not being anywhere in sight or with patients. A couple of the nurses also seemed to think they were better than you since you were a volunteer and they were RN's, and many of the doctors seemed arrogant and acted like you didn't exist (which is interesting since, considering the nickname of the hospital is "killarica" instead of Villa Rica, they aren't that good at their job to begin with).

Nepotism, dishonorable firing of employees, bad management….

I have been working at Tanner Medical Center Carrollton

Pros

I can not recommend this place too highly.

Cons

Females do very well here.

Stop acting like Gods. When a person is terminated, they may not be able to talk to you but everyone has friends that they do talk to. I will not try to defend your poor treatment of Blacks and Hispanics. I wish I could find another job. When I do, I’m out of here!!!

I enjoy working for tanner

I have been working at Tanner Medical Center Carrollton full-time

Pros

Good company many advancement opportunities

Cons

None that I can really think of

Great people to work with.

Current Employee - Emergency Department in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Emergency Department in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Tanner Medical Center Carrollton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a good place to begin a career in healthcare.

Cons

This company falls short of the standards for healthcare employees when it comes to pay and benefits.