Tantor Media

Add Photos

Kevin Colebank

Mixed bag

I have been working at Tantor Media

ProsFree audiobooks. Casual dress. Once in awhile, there's a party or some social gathering. They try to make it fun, but it's not what people want.

ConsLack of organization and communication.

Lack of cohesiveness.

A reactive workplace, instead of a proactive one.

Not much room for advancement, although that is talked up highly at the interviews.

Very small contribution to employee's health insurance, which has not increased in years.

3 sick days a year. (God help you if you get hurt or have sick kids.)

No employer match for 401k.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that human beings work for you, not robots. A good employee is worth more than his/her salary and can be expensive to replace.

Great potential and owners, but middle and lower management needs to be replaced.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Old Saybrook, CT

I worked at Tantor Media full-time

ProsCasual dress, free healthy snacks, free audiobooks, cool books to read usually, flexible work schedule, independence, very friendly coworkers and owners.

ConsConstantly changing policies, lack of communication between management and workers. You can go 2 or 3 weeks without speaking to your department manager except over instant messaging.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to new ideas. The audio department was incredibly understaffed and overworked. Owners are awesome but middle and lower management are completely vision-less and prevent you from getting your ideas up the chain of command.

worst place I ever worked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Tantor Media

ProsSometimes managers hold a get-together but no one likes them. They do give free books to staff.

ConsVery poor pay, only 3 sick days per year, small contribution to healthcare that has never been increased. Even if you get a good review you don't get much of a raise. Management tolerates deadwood staff just because they happen to be involved with a manager. Management doesn't have a clue that the employees are all plotting against them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying people decently and give them better benefits. Try listening to what people are not saying, The staff all knows you make buckets of money while treating most people like slaves.

Worked for Tantor Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tantor Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tantor Media CEO Kevin Colebank . All reviews posted anonymously by Tantor Media employees.