www.target.com

Target Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated March 5, 2015
Updated March 5, 2015

Brian Cornell

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in many areas (including work-from-home opportunities)" (in 286 reviews)

• Well Target did a lot for the team members as far as rewarding for extra work loads (in 770 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is stressed however hard to achieve with very high expectations (in 638 reviews)

• I feel the compensation for team members does not always reflect the job positions (in 753 reviews)

More Highlights

162 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Great Company

Former Employee - Cart Attendant in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Cart Attendant in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Competitive pay
    - Excelent sense of team bonding and team unity
    - Great Management
    - Target is great!
    - Provided all equipment for work

Cons

There were not too many cons or bad things associated with the company. I was a cart boy so my job was very simple and Target helped provide everything necessary.

n/a

Certified Pharmacy Tech

Former Employee - Lead Certified Pharmacy Tech in Newnan, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Certified Pharmacy Tech in Newnan, GA

I worked at Target

Pros

The wonderful Pharmacist and the original hours. They were originally 9 to 7

Cons

The hours changed. They stayed open until 9pm

A decent job to gain experience when management cares to cultivate your growth--which is unfortunately a rarity.

Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Target

Pros

Flexible scheduling, potential upward mobility, young energetic management, a culture centered around personal recognition and team spirit.

Cons

Lots of turnover which can make it easy to get lost in the shuffle; red card expectations can be infuriating; low pay for team members

Invest in your human resource. There are plenty of hardworking individuals at Target whose accomplishments get overlooked. Settle down with the red cards.

Ehh ran by a bunch of high schoolers

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Suwanee, GA

I worked at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

umm starts off higher then fast food, 3 week schedules, the coupon policy is amazing on top of red cards, sales, and cartwheel (avid couponer though)

Cons

employee discount is only 10% & you MUST use a REDCARD! The hours can go from 36+ to 17 in a weeks span. The management plays favoritism & form cliques. So if they like you then you will get easy tasks. Get on there bad side & they give you tedious busy work. They will give you 3 days but call you to come in on days off.

Stop acting like the popular kids in HS...you will continue to loose team members by being childish.

Great Overnight Experience

Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Overnight, Not a hassle, Easy workflow, Great team members and Team Leaders

Cons

May have limited hours during certain times of the season

It is really dependent on your attachment, hard work, and diligence towards progressing

Working to regain reputation and stay competitive but at the expense of the store level employees

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Logistics in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Logistics in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Target

Pros

I work as an Executive Team Lead over Logistics at the store level. I'm currently job searching and plan on leaving Target in the near future, however, I feel that I can still provide unbias accurate information for anyone looking to apply for any of the ETL positions at the store level.
    Disclaimer: Your experience with Target as an ETL will weigh heavily upon the quality of your STL and DTL (store manager and then their manager who is your district manager). I experienced a perfect Target cookie cut STL and I experienced an STL who really didn't fit the Target "Fast, fun, and friendly" motto. I would say maybe 2 out of every 10 or 11 STLs may be a bad apple. The majority of STLs I have met throughout my time with Target have the same goals, background, and frustrations as their ETLs do and they are right there in the middle of it all with you doing whatever they can to develop you and make it work one way or another. (Pro #1 is great leadership and wonderful inspiring and diverse people to work for most of the time)

Pro #2 Target is always making the right decisions for Target
    Pre data breach and post data breach show completely different Targets. I was there to see both as well as the time period during the craziness right before Christmas of 2013 when the news broke and guests were literally freaking out. Point is, Target was a really enjoyable place to work until the data breach. Post data breach (here is the pro), Target did everything right. They made some tough but necessary decisions to get their reputation back in order. They haven't stopped there. Target has more and more roll outs every month and every quarter that is going to take them to that next level in retail. (Ex: they just rolled out 25$ free shipping down from 50$)
    They have implemented new processes, concepts, metrics, and best practices that will grow the number of guests and grow sales over the next few years. Here is where they're missing the mark-- Current employees from the typical hourly team member to the store manager can figure out how the heck to do it all with the payroll and staffing limitations that Target is giving.

Cons

I guess I will move into Cons because I was starting to get into the territory above...Yes businesses must cut costs and increase revenue, this was understandable for maybe 6 months to a year after the data breach, but it has been taken much farther and Target employees are feeling hopeless. The great thing about Target employees is we WANT TO SUCCEED AND WE WANT TARGET TO SUCCEED. When we work so hard to complete our job duties according to Target's best practice and even the best of the best can't succeed due to having to clock out in order to maintain store payroll, it starts to feel impossible. In one of my district meetings for the ETL Logistics managers about a month ago someone actually asked our district manager if they had ever had a store that consistently made payroll in logistics (truck unload, backroom, facility maintenance, pricing, and presentation) We all were silent and so curious and his answer was, yes, one. I had one store make payroll consistently under this one manager.

Long story short: Target is losing quality managers and fast. We cannot work 60-70 hour weeks trying to maintain Target brand standards and best practices because the payroll given to hourly team members is not enough to cover even half of the expectations. We are tired, exhausted, overwhelmed, and feeling defeated just like our team.

Store management, team leaders, and team members are working hard with what we have. Corporate needs to come into these stores and actually spend a week woking 10-14 hour days doing hourly work that cannot be covered payroll wise AND complete all management duties and workload. They also should have to write a schedule to complete the workload for a given week and then see how ridiculously off it is compared to best practices.

Former Employee - Electronics Specialist in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Electronics Specialist in Marietta, GA

I worked at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic first job, school friendly, open-minded.

Cons

My particular store consisted of inconsistent leadership.

Follow the values of the company.

Great Team setting

Current Employee - Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Target

Pros

Discount, pay, hours and great team members.

Cons

Its retail, so expect it.

Keep investing in your employees

Great Job

Former Employee - Cashier in Austell, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Austell, GA

I worked at Target

Pros

The team members.
    Hours.
    The team leaders were wonderful to work with.
    They reakky worked with me about my hours while i was in college.

Cons

My hours were cut dramstically after having my son.
    Trying to up sell the target credit cards during the holidays.

Sr. Team Leader

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Target

Pros

Target have great benefits and the culture is amazing. They also have tuition reimbursement for team leaders who are going to school.

Cons

The development of leaders is poor due to new managers who are recruited into the company with no experience. Tenure leaders who have been with the company have a hard time being promoted after reaching this position.

Promote more within the company, especially tenure leaders.