Target Reviews

1. Team oriented with room to grow

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Chicago, IL

I worked at Target

Pros

Given many opportunities to grow, team oriented, team members (coworkers) were supportive and helpful

Cons

you may be moved around to other departments even when you have expertise in one.

continue giving employees opportunity to grow and advance

2. Fast, fun, and friendly!

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Your experience is based on the Target you work at and your supervisor. I was lucky to have very supportive and friendly supervisors! The Pharmacist I worked for put profound trust in me and always "had my back". I had subbed at other Targets and the technicians were very aggressive towards their pharmacist and vice versa, so it all depends.

Cons

Target pharmacies are not as progressive as other pharmacies, which requires both the pharmacist and pharmacy technicians to do a lot of tedious work!

Pharmacy coverage is very important for a pharmacy to run smoothly and to perform to the best of its ability. I think it is vital to help our pharmacists! PLEASE MORE COVERAGE!

3. What can I say it's Retail.

Current Employee - Front End in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Front End in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target part-time (less than a year)

Pros

you'll work with a few good co-workers,
    The Discount is good once in awhile with you can stack up coupons and cart wheel.
    Pizza Hut Breadsticks are my favorite!

Cons

Really Rude Guest, always trying to promote red cards even if the guest has one. show all these opportunities to be crossed trained hasn't happened yet and I asked for 5 months straight. Always putting Very good looking people in semi management positions it seems.. at least at my location.

Please update all management staff on up to date things like the ability to check your schedule online from your home, I gotten written up for a no call no show when I thought I worked the day before and call turned out I was wrong. then after I get written up their like oh, you can check it out online.

Work Hard And Hope It Gets Recognized By District Leadership

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Human Resources in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Human Resources in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target

Pros

Fun Team, Off Day During the Week

Cons

Long hours (50+), unappreciative District Leadership Team that continues to change due to new leadership, Medical benefits

Gather one focus (sales?) and do not push all initiatives at once on the team especially when it's Company driven. Each store/district is different; cater to these differences (i.e. - urban stores). All initiatives will not be successful at all stores and it will lead to disengagement (waves)

6. You must be able to wear many hats...all at once, while remaining FAST, FUN, and FRIENDLY

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard, your pay will increase. Health/dental benefits are pretty good. You will meet a lot of cool people working for Target. Working here you will learn a lot quickly and have a lot of good experience to put on a resume.

Cons

Poor work/life balance, long hours, nights/weekends, little recognition, and mostly lateral promotions. You need to know that if accepting a position as an Executive Team Leader you will not be just supervising or sitting in an office. In order to be successful in this role you must be hands on--you will perform the same roles of hourly team members at times. This includes stocking, cashiering, and getting carts from the parking lot.

This is a great first job right out of college as you gain a lot of responsibility and experience quickly. However, due to the poor work/life balance and little recognition or promotions you get burnt out on this job quickly. I would say 50% of new in role ETLs quit within 5 months, if they make it that long they stay about 3 years. If they don't get promoted then, they start looking for other jobs.

7. Great place for seasonal employment

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked as many hours as I could during my seasonal employment. This was a great benefit for me since I was willing to put in the hours.

Cons

I applied for an entry level position. That is not bad necessarily however I have a bachelor's degree and deserve better.

I think management is pretty good. Everyone is friendly and nice to each team member.

8. A great work environment

Former Employee - Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier in Chicago, IL

I worked at Target full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff,close to home,flexible hours

Cons

Black friday,no place to sit really

Incentives can be a more common motivational tool used

9. Etl Salesfloor

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Money money and more money

Cons

Politics of business and rumor mill

Better communication

10. I really like working at target I think it is a great place to work. Very flexible schedules and great opportunities.

Current Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Hardlines Team Member in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I like that they put effort into making the store vibe between team members and leaders very positive. Very flexible hours to work.

Cons

Costumer service itself has its cons depending on location. Should be able to work overtime if you have full availability and cross-trained in different areas.

Just spend time to help grow good team members into future team leads and so on...

Friendly environment, bad pay, and unrealistic expectations

Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Chicago, IL

I worked at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only reason I really stayed with this job was the fact that it worked with my schedule. I was a student at the time and needed a job that I could work in the hours I was available. They were good with making sure I didn't have any schedule problems.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations for amount of work that could get done in a set period of time
    "Raises" were laughable (5-10 cents for some employees)