Target

Target Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jul 8, 2014

John J. Mulligan

129 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fast pace, ever changing environment.

Store Team Leader (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat people to work with and a culture of developing leadership skills.

ConsCan be too political and challenging if you are not "in".

Target is a corporation that is highly interested in your development.

Executive Team Leader (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsLeadership, Development, Personal growth, Promotion, Compensation, and Fast-paced.

ConsWork Life Balance, Insurance, General Benefits, and Vacation time.

Just Okay job

Target Back Room Team Member (Former Employee)
    Richardson, TX

ProsWorking in the back room is kind a hard then a team member on the floor because you have to be very fast for the batches that drop every hour. Pay is good starting $8.25 instead of $7.25. No body bothers you in the evening shift you are your own. They are very good with giving breaks and lunch on time.

ConsYou have to work in the -20 deg cooler, fast pace, lift up to 50 lbs, climb ladders while holding 25 lbs of weight., too much back stocking, less hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't give everything to one person hire more people so people don't quit because of over load work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Leadership development

Operational Group Leader (Current Employee)
    Midlothian, TX

ProsFreight flow, developing leaders thought the supply chain process. High focus on collaboration for results. Good work life balance. Good pay.

ConsMovement and innovation can be a little slower than else where. In my opinion too much focus on development and not enough on the actual work being done.

Electronics Associate

Electronics Team Member (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

ProsGreat team, Very flexible hours

ConsLow pay
    -workforce is spread to thin
    -hard to advance
    -Upper store management is fresh out of college and little to no experiance in retail

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within
    invest in more store labor hours

Wish I Wouldn't Have

Shoe Brand (Current Employee)
    Mansfield, TX

ProsEasy to make friends, some team leads are great, the store team lead is the best manager I've ever worked for in my life

ConsHours, most management is based off favoritism, like you're working at a slave camp

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make us stay late because we've had a busy night, being at the store at 1-2 AM in ridiculous. Then when we're close on hours, don't get crabby with us when we've had to stay late every night. Higher people that actually care about what they're doing.

Downhill Fast

Senior Team Lead (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

Pros-There are some great people you will meet working at Target.
    - Good Benefits for Full Time team members.
    - If you have a Bachelors Degree there are plenty of promotional opportunities.

Cons-Constantly rolling out new processes to try and fix an issue instead of digging in to see what is wrong in the first place.
    -Management changes constantly, no clear direction for store management or team members.
    -The companies way of doing things, the Group directors way, and the DTL's way are all completely different and you will receive conflicting information almost daily.
    -Frustrating work environment: Not enough time, additional workload, cut payroll, and unreasonable expectations.
    - Increasing lack of appreciation for its team members: minimized benefits, holidays off, unreasonable new scheduling techniques.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupply the resources to stores in order to achieve the high expectation set for them. Step back and access a situation instead of just "rolling out something exciting and new"! that you think will fix the issue. This makes the company seam as if it has no direction.

Dallas Target

Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsWonderful people, okay pay, very flexible

Consimpossible to get into management, lots of drama, heavy workload with little reconition

Good group of people

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsFriendly staff, reasonable hours and pay. I enjoyed my time here, but I was by no means an important employee to the company and had no real expectations as such.

ConsNot much room for growth, not a great long-term decision. A good way to earn some money during downtime, but move on as soon as possible if you're serious about climbing the career ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote internally to maintain the strong family atmosphere.

Cut hours, cut benefits, cut the lights even.. Worst Retail job in 23 years in retail.

Hardlines Team Member (Former Employee)
    Wylie, TX

ProsClean stores for the most part. Decent team members(not management). Room for promotion (IF you have a degree).

ConsHours regularly cut. Management often has no retail background(all it takes is a degree to become manager). Cutting out lights in the day time supposedly to save energy(mostly to save money really). Keeps team members on average 1 and half or more hour past their scheduled time to be off if closing. Claim to never have payroll for extra hours(yet routinely keep you past time). Claim cashiers are incompetent to fill in or help in other areas but trust them to take $ everyday. Assign more work than a person is capable of. Often ask you to do jobs that are not a part of your duties or that you are not trained to do(due to not having enough people on shift to actually DO the jobs).Certain complaints are met with answers that are scripted and rehearsed( so much so that if you have verbatim responses to team member issues shouldn't you deal with the problems rather than give a class on how to deflect the complaint).

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to hiring and promoting to management people that are qualified( a degree alone does not make one management material). Get rid of problem team members more quickly(one team member had been an issue for THREE years and was still employed). Treat your team members better. Start scheduling appropriately.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO John J. Mulligan. All 129 reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.