Target

www.target.com

Target Reviews in Duluth, MN

John J. Mulligan

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in many areas (including work-from-home opportunities)"(in 232 reviews)

• This can be attributed to the young population of team members at headquarters(in 664 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is stressed however hard to achieve with very high expectations(in 517 reviews)

• I feel the compensation for team members does not always reflect the job positions(in 652 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

BEST COMPANY EVER

Executive Team Leader (Current Employee) Duluth, MN

ProsTeam, Career Advancement, Culture, Leadership Opportunity

ConsHours, sometimes have to work weekends,

A typical hourly job

Cashier (Current Employee) Duluth, MN

ProsGetting time off is typically easy and the pay isn't horrible (though it's barely "competitive"). Most of the people are friendly and clean - the behavior is considerably more professional than Walmart.

ConsPerformance-based yearly reviews are based nearly completely on how many credit cards you sell - not the rest of your performance. As a cashier than is friendly, clean, checks customers out quickly, and bags items properly, I have received $0.19 in performance raises in three years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on customer service rather than attempting to sell credit cards. They interfere with how cashiers do their job and affects performance reviews in a negative way.

Looks Good on Paper

Electronics Specialist (Current Employee) Duluth, MN

Pros10% discount on everything in store.

Flexible schedule

Easy to take time off

Co-workers are fun to work with and make working at Target easier.

Attractive benefits package

ConsIncompetence of senior management. Management rotates in and out of store regularly and each new manager doesn't know what to do.

Little to no recognition for performing above and beyond expectations, but will hound you every mistake you make.

Pay is the same as every other box retailer, if not lower, but Target did coin the phrase "expect more, pay less."

Raises are a joke, and only occur once a year. Most hourly team members get a raise of less than $.10 for their efforts.

Little to no promotional opportunities unless you tell the STL you want to be with Target for life.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your hourly team members, we are the bread and butter of making the store successful. If we voice a concern, don't take it as a personal attack, instead try to work towards fixing it. Take the time to work with guests instead of the few times a day when you just have to talk to a demanding one at the check lanes. Don't expect every team member to be an outstanding performer when they are making $7/hr and you're rolling in the cooperate bonus that the $7/hr person basically got for you by pushing sales and credit cards.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!