Target

289 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Is a Job

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Deerfield Beach, FL

ProsTeam Members are great.
    Occasionally they give snacks, and have a little party for the team.

ConsManagement is horrible, lost of favoritism.
    Having to get RedCard
    Guest can be pretty horrible too.
    Do not appreciate hard workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop spending too much time in your office and only come out at the end to ask if everything was done.

Started great, but going downhill

Presentation Team Member (Current Employee)
    Merritt Island, FL

ProsFlexibility of individual scheduling
    Open door policy

ConsChances for promotions
    Stressful Atmosphere
    Poor raises

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company as a whole has begun to take a turn for the worse. They have started to cut corners financially while increasing the workload among individuals. There is no chance for a promotion without some form of a degree regardless of the amount of time you have already put in with the company. They would rather hire someone from the outside with zero job experience and an unrelated degree than promote someone with double digit years and no history of negative work relations.

nice company

Deli Team Member (Current Employee)
    Lauderhill, FL

Prosfriendly customers, decent benefits. Nice pay. I enjoyed working there the 1st 3 years

Conshorrible management, the management has no idea what is going on with the employees and treats them like dirt

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Political, pulled in too many directions

ETL (Former Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

Prosgood resume builder right out of college

Consno work life balance, little training

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest with new recruits

The company is great, although certain individual stores have a tendency toward horrible management

Flow Team Member (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

Pros-Comes with benefits package
    -Diverse work centers that allow for career development
    -Constant flow of team members, so you meet a lot of interesting characters
    -Typically, a very secure job

ConsThis pertains to the particular store I worked for and Flow Team:
    -You only get overtime on holidays, and only when it’s approved by the STL. Try it any other day and pack your bags.
    -Working as a Flow Team member, you’ll often find yourself the scapegoat and always the pack mule. And nearly everyone will make the automatic assumption that you’re a complete idiot (and you will be surrounded by quite a few).
    -The supervisors almost never fire the people who won’t do their job, but liked to ‘reward’ the people who did their job well with more hours (when they didn’t want them), often in work centers they did not want to work in. This meant having to check your availability in the system weekly because your supervisor would change it without telling you so that they could schedule you way past your availability even though you had another job. And this will keep happening until you tell higher management and then you’d find that you’d only be scheduled for half shifts until you go to higher management again.
    -Aside from the above, the hardest part of the job was making up for the not-so-great employees’ mistakes, because almost nobody gets fired for not doing their job (only not showing up - or no longer being able to show up - for it).
    -There was lots of sexism at the store I worked at, too, as an added bonus. For example, they would almost never let the men on flow team stock clothes or makeup, they would leave it until last and tell all the guys to go home and leave the girls alone to stock it. It was so frustrating that one of the girls just walked out one day.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo followups to the routine district manager checkups.

Experience at Target

Sales Floor Team Leader (Current Employee)
    Pensacola, FL

ProsTalking to a friend , work culture is professional

ConsPay is not very high

Advice to Senior Managementtime off policies could be better.

Great company to work for

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsFlexible schedule, good work environment, team atmosphere

Conspay could be better for entry level employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPay us more

Good experience. Loved the people I worked with but the forget about getting a raise.

Starbucks Team Member (Current Employee)
    Pace, FL

ProsGood way to learn a thing or two about people and to develop some customer service skills. Lots of good benefits for young people going to college. Lots of opportunities to advance within the company.

Conspay was not great and the raises were sometimes not given. when they were a good raise was like twenty five cents.

It was the best of times... It was the worst of times.

Overnight Logistics Team Member (Former Employee)
    Tallahassee, FL

ProsVery flexible hours, great team environment and always worked around schedule during no peak seasons.

ConsManagement would not side with workers over discrepancies in hours, vacation time and overall efficiency of logo

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany values and additional perks.

Decent company, terrible location

Flow Team Member (Current Employee)
    Oviedo, FL

ProsI got to meet a few people I can call true friends, though they have since left. Getting to pick up groceries after my shift.

ConsSince the data breach, it's only gone downhill. Last year I made about $700 a month, and I haven't been able to break $500 a month this year. They hire too many people so feel lucky if you get more than 20 hours a week. But it's hard to complain about short shifts because you start to hate being there so much. Working so early really makes it hard to maintain any sort of life outside of work. There is zero organization or management. You can give them a huge spiel on what needs to change daily, and not a single thing will. I'm leaving immediately, this was once a decent place to work but now I would run. I've heard other Targets have much better management and workers though, so it may be worth the drive to apply to other stores in the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need all new management. For some reason, they aren't allowed to fire anyone who doesn't do any work if they've worked there a certain amount of time. It doesn't matter if they call in (or no call no show) for months.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings in Florida — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO John J. Mulligan. All 289 reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.