Target

www.target.com

Target Reviews in Florida

Updated Jul 21, 2014

John J. Mulligan

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in many areas (including work-from-home opportunities)"(in 230 reviews)

• This can be attributed to the young population of team members at headquarters(in 662 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is stressed however hard to achieve with very high expectations(in 512 reviews)

• I feel the compensation for team members does not always reflect the job positions(in 648 reviews)

292 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Executive Team Leader

Executive Team Leader (Current Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsCorporate culture focused on talent management, succession planning, and development

ConsStrict structure for moving up in the company, constant change and innovation to stay competitive

Great Company

Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) Clearwater, FL

ProsGood benefits, flexible shifts, employee discounts. I enjoyed the experience working part time for a solid retail company. The stores are a great place to meet new people and learn about merchandising. This was a nice flexible job while I finished college.

ConsPay could be more competitive. The other retailers in the Tampa Bay area offer a better starting rate.

Senior Team Leader

Senior Team Lead (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsI love my co workers and the relationships I've made throughout the years

ConsThe company is implementing a lot of changes this year and loosing a lot of good talent due to it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for temp seasonal work, but not for the long run.

Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) Boynton Beach, FL

ProsTeam members are friendly, especially those in LP. The staff is supportive when you need it. If you are looking for something to help pay bills or earn a bit of extra cash on the side, this is your place. Friendly supervisors and great team leadership.

ConsCustomers are great, but you can usually run into the real inconsiderate ones. Management will stick to the customer 100% of the time, even when they are screaming at the sales associate and you are trying to keep your calm. Busy days and sometimes long hours when staff is short handed. Most of the time, working by yourself in the department, even when it gets busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your co-workers and listen to them good. You wouldn't have your numbers if it wasn't for the little guy trying to do his best to up-sale to every customer that walks into the department. Management needs to add more people to certain departments, most times it feels like it is understaffed when there are people working in areas they shouldn't be in.

GOOD FOR STUDENTS AND PARTIMERS

Cashier (Current Employee) Merritt Island, FL

ProsTarget is a great company to work for if you are looking for while in school or if your looking for solid part time work. The pay is about average for a entry level hourly position. I have worked for target for 6 years and generally they have been awesome at respecting my availability. Generally speaking managers are either brought in out of college or transferred from other stores so don't expect to move up the ranks and become a manager quickly, a degree or a hook-up from someone will get you there instead.

Cons-Hours fluctuate ridiculously sometimes, if you have steady bills this may not be your kind of job.
    -On your feet most of the time

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to promote from within and to help current employees become supervisors instead of saying 'you have no leadership experience' when you won't allow them to be in a leadership position in the first place.

No work life balance

Executive Team Leader (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGood pay, good benefits, good opportunity for growth.

ConsWork life balance, turnover among executives, too many changes at one time, unrealistic expectations.

Fast fun friendly

Guest Service Team Member (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsDiscount, flexible hours, cross train easy

Conscompensation, promotions, strict rules to follow

Advice to Senior Managementhigher pay.

Ok pay, but leadership was lacking.

Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) Davie, FL

ProsBetter than minimum wage starting out, flexible hours, even as an hourly worker you still accumulate sick time.

ConsSupervisors were unrealistic at times when it came to getting work done, not enough workers scheduled sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementSchedule more people to work so the employees at the store don't get in trouble for not being able to do enough work.

Stressful but nice environment

Cashier (Current Employee) Pembroke Pines, FL

ProsTeam member discount (10%), environment, nice selection of clothing

ConsRaises are very small, excessive push for redcards to customers!! Can't get very annoying because they are always bothering u about it if your a cashier. That's all they care bout pretty much. U can get promoted soley off that. Needs to focus more on customer service then target cards

Advice to Senior ManagementEver since the whole incident wih target happened. U can't expect to keep doing the same numbers in redcards. So stop pushing employees and just encourage them to focus mainly on customer satisfaction

It has it's in's,l it has it's out's, but overall great team.

LOGISTICS FLOW TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsCan get 40 hours a week if your flexible, great team around you, it's definitely a place for a career. You are always offered hours, lot's of opportunities to cross-train, more than helpful to help you transfer.

ConsNew processes are put into place with very little thought beforehand.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more team member input on how to improve and grow, their the ones in the store the most.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!