Target

www.target.com

Target Reviews in Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jun 24, 2014

John J. Mulligan

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in many areas (including work-from-home opportunities)"(in 230 reviews)

• This can be attributed to the young population of team members at headquarters(in 662 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is stressed however hard to achieve with very high expectations(in 512 reviews)

• I feel the compensation for team members does not always reflect the job positions(in 648 reviews)

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Electronics Associate

Electronics Team Member (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsGreat team, Very flexible hours

ConsLow pay
    -workforce is spread to thin
    -hard to advance
    -Upper store management is fresh out of college and little to no experiance in retail

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within
    invest in more store labor hours

Well structured and very friendly coworkers.

Hardlines (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsTarget distributed the workload well and had a great management team.

ConsSometimes didn't schedule enough employees to work so the working employees had to carry the entire workload.

Great company

Cashier (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsFlexible schedule through out the year

ConsHigh turnover due to fast pace

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok Company. Could be better.

Baker (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsDollar for Dollar match up to 5% 401k, ok health benefits, family atmosphere, great target human resources, a lot of volunteer opportunities.

ConsIts Retail, and lack of Team work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis could be a great company if you focus on the employee also. There moral is what drives the store. Emphasize Team work!!!!

Go team red.

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsBasically every target store is different, sometimes some target stores go over an beyond treating their employees great. They treat them with snacks and food to keep our energy up. The managers are eager to get to know you and make sure you feel good about being there. I worked best at target when the managers and teammembers worked right beside each other and the managers treated the teammembers fair. Whats sad is that not ever target is this way.

ConsWorking on the cashier is the worst spot to be at because the gstls tend to harrass you and lecture you about everything on a daily basis. They lecture you on alot of stuff basically more or less is not about the policies and its more about hearing themselves speak. The salesfloor team members get treated better then the cashiers do. When on the sales floor they are putting women in the clothing departments and men in the other departments. Which makes some employees offended because of breaking the genders up. Employees if they are good should get to crosstrained any department it shouldnt be because of their gender.Working at some targets and with gstls can be very stressful. Sometimes too stressful. I think the best jobs on the markets you will see people at companies for a long time. Unfornatley if you dont treat your team members fair you will see a loss of employees. And most likey target keeps all their worst employees. It takes target a long time to get someone out. Target doesnt usually fire someone unless they called out too much. They dont really do anything witht the managers that dont treat their employees right. They just tell them to act more nicely. But most times you talk to someone higher up or report something they dont believe you, and they say what do u think you should of done or responded. They turn what you said around on you alot. Like the phrase we cant change them but what we can do is change you kind of thing. Which doesnt help.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagers should believe in their team members. They shouldnt talk down to the employees. The managment should be profressional, and if a team member should ask a question about something they have assigned to us. They should have an answer and not an attitude about it. The team members should look up to the mangement. When the staff see that the managment doesnt have any communication within the store, they tend to not know who to speak to. The communication level needs to be a whole lot better. Whether meaning knowlege of role,attitude and profressionalism. The staff shouldnt be stressed going to work where they will be harrassed and scared to ask questions to their managment.

i feel like im back in highschool.. in a bad way.

Customer Service (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Proswill work with your schedule if you go to school, this is good for a college student or someones first job. offer insurance and benefits after 6 months and 10% off merchandise

Consextremely LOW pay. do not base on experience.
    change your schedule without telling you
    cut hours randomly
    poor communication
    everyone gossips about everyone else.

Advice to Senior Managementeveryone needs the same information at the same time. Need to put appropriate management in top positions that can handle the stress of schedule making and does NOT pick favorites.

Fast, at times Fun, Friendly

Baker (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

Pros-If you like to work, take pride in what you do, then target is the best place for you.
    -They have a matching 401k( dollar for dollar)
    -Can catch great sales with your redcard 5% and Team member10% discount
    -Customers and some TM,TL,ETL & STL's are great

Cons-you may not get recognized in the manner that you may want
    -you will be overwhelmed with work
    - you will work more than 8 hours but then cut that at the end of the week to make 40hrs,(no overtime) but you still have to complete 8 hours of work in a shorter time.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of dedicated team members and compensate them accordingly.

Being a cashier stinks

Cashier (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsThe shift managers were nice and bought you a coke if you got someone to sign up for a credit card.

That's about it.

ConsTerrible pay, terrible hours, always "lost" my schedule requests, they even lost my 2 weeks notice, etc.

It's a cashier job so what can you expect....

Long hours on your feet, terrible discount (10% max on "some" items, most food doesn't count).

The supervisors were nice, but couldn't keep up with break and lunch schedules, the breakrooms are stinky and rarely clean.

I've heard it's an amazing company to work for, in the upper levels, but as a cashier what can you really expect. It's just going to stink.

Advice to Senior ManagementLove the marketing, the prices, the company mission, donation matching, etc. But you could probably find ways to make it less miserable for the hourly-wage employees working on the store level.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!