Target

www.target.com

Target Reviews in Hillsboro, OR

Updated Feb 5, 2014

John J. Mulligan

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in many areas (including work-from-home opportunities)"(in 232 reviews)

• This can be attributed to the young population of team members at headquarters(in 664 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is stressed however hard to achieve with very high expectations(in 517 reviews)

• I feel the compensation for team members does not always reflect the job positions(in 652 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good enough.

Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsDepending on the store, the people can be great to work with. My store almost felt like family.

They are finally starting to catch up in technology. There are better price scanners and the LPDA's are great.

ConsManagement loves to pull you from your position to do things completely unrelated to your job or area. As a specialist, I was supposed to stay in just my area doing what I specialized in. I wound up doing odd jobs all over the store.

Working Christmas stinks! You wind up working really long hours in order to clean up the store at night.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out from behind a desk and into the store sometime.

Fun but difficult to move up the promotion ladder.

Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsLearned entry level skills and warehouse skills.

ConsVery difficult to get promoted, over worked and management people had entry level skills at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy employees means better results.

EGHH

Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsTHey have a great learning program for new students fresh out of college. There retention of employees and management is non heard of. I entered the company with 30 other college grads and i was the second to last to go. Its basically a revolving door and you are expected to work 80 hours a week on the down low while being salaried and there main words are your young you can handle it. I loved the opportunity fresh out of college. however now that i think about it, I would probably try to find something else that was better.

ConsLike i said above they downsides of working for target was that you have no social life after a while. You are expected to work 80 hour days and because your young you should just deal with it. There is really no room for advancement since all the store managers are in there 50's and 60's and are pretty much holding stagnant till they retire. The store managers sit in there office all day and the only time you ever see them is when a district manager comes around or if something that might affect them is brought to their attention

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a life and stop relying on college students to get you by forever. What type of morale and culture are you bringing to your team with a constant turnover at the ETL position.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!