Target Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Brian Cornell

Pros
  • Work life balance is understood (in 286 reviews)

• Most team members are awesome people (in 770 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance has taken a huge hit over the past 12 months (in 638 reviews)

• Their paranoia over metrics or the annual audit corporate conducts yearly create unnecessary chaos that trickles downstream to your team members (in 753 reviews)

1. Second job love it!

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Target part-time

Pros

Everyone you work with is so nice and supportive, I don't dred going to work as much as my last job, gives you chances to move up by training for different positions, 25+ hours a week, full time during holidays

Cons

No set schedule, short shifts, lots of time on your feet

Advice to Management

Doing a great job

Fun but difficult to move up the promotion ladder.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learned entry level skills and warehouse skills.

Cons

Very difficult to get promoted, over worked and management people had entry level skills at best.

Advice to Management

Happy employees means better results.

Good enough.

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Hillsboro, OR

Pros

Depending on the store, the people can be great to work with. My store almost felt like family. They are finally starting to catch up in technology. There are better price scanners and the LPDA's are great.

Cons

Management loves to pull you from your position to do things completely unrelated to your job or area. As a specialist, I was supposed to stay in just my area doing what I specialized in. I wound up doing odd jobs all over the store. Working Christmas stinks! You wind up working really long hours in order to clean up the store at night.

Advice to Management

Get out from behind a desk and into the store sometime.

5. EGHH

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Hillsboro, OR

Pros

THey have a great learning program for new students fresh out of college. There retention of employees and management is non heard of. I entered the company with 30 other college grads and i was the second to last to go. Its basically a revolving door and you are expected to work 80 hours a week on the down low while being salaried and there main words are your young you can handle it. I loved the opportunity fresh out of college. however now that i think about it, I would probably try to find something else that was better.

Cons

Like i said above they downsides of working for target was that you have no social life after a while. You are expected to work 80 hour days and because your young you should just deal with it. There is really no room for advancement since all the store managers are in there 50's and 60's and are pretty much holding stagnant till they retire. The store managers sit in there office all day and the only time you ever see them is when a district manager comes around or if something that might affect them is brought to their attention

Advice to Management

Get a life and stop relying on college students to get you by forever. What type of morale and culture are you bringing to your team with a constant turnover at the ETL position.

Showing 4 of 13,423 reviews