Target

9,257 Reviews
3.1
9,257 Reviews

Brian Cornell

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in many areas (including work-from-home opportunities)" (in 286 reviews)

• Well Target did a lot for the team members as far as rewarding for extra work loads (in 770 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is stressed however hard to achieve with very high expectations (in 638 reviews)

• I feel the compensation for team members does not always reflect the job positions (in 753 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good enough.

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Target

Pros

Depending on the store, the people can be great to work with. My store almost felt like family.

They are finally starting to catch up in technology. There are better price scanners and the LPDA's are great.

Cons

Management loves to pull you from your position to do things completely unrelated to your job or area. As a specialist, I was supposed to stay in just my area doing what I specialized in. I wound up doing odd jobs all over the store.

Working Christmas stinks! You wind up working really long hours in order to clean up the store at night.

Get out from behind a desk and into the store sometime.

Fun but difficult to move up the promotion ladder.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Learned entry level skills and warehouse skills.

Cons

Very difficult to get promoted, over worked and management people had entry level skills at best.

Happy employees means better results.

EGHH

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Target

Pros

THey have a great learning program for new students fresh out of college. There retention of employees and management is non heard of. I entered the company with 30 other college grads and i was the second to last to go. Its basically a revolving door and you are expected to work 80 hours a week on the down low while being salaried and there main words are your young you can handle it. I loved the opportunity fresh out of college. however now that i think about it, I would probably try to find something else that was better.

Cons

Like i said above they downsides of working for target was that you have no social life after a while. You are expected to work 80 hour days and because your young you should just deal with it. There is really no room for advancement since all the store managers are in there 50's and 60's and are pretty much holding stagnant till they retire. The store managers sit in there office all day and the only time you ever see them is when a district manager comes around or if something that might affect them is brought to their attention

Get a life and stop relying on college students to get you by forever. What type of morale and culture are you bringing to your team with a constant turnover at the ETL position.