Target Media Partners

Add Photos

Mark Schiffmacher

Single parent paradise

Lil Bit of Everything (Current Employee) Blountville, TN

ProsIf you have kids, raise them yourself with little help, there is no job more considerate of my life than this one. I've spoke with my bosses boss and beyond.. all very nice. i make more money than anywhere Ive ever worked. if one of my three kiddos throws up, I can go pick them up .. no questions asked. it is fast paced, but if you do your job you are rewarded greatly. These reviews speaking of a dying industry and clueless mgmnt. is bullsh*t. TMP does way more than print and has some of the best partnerships you will find.

ConsNone come to mind yet.. and I'm a woman, I can usually always find something to complain about :)

Advice to Senior ManagementFind out who your current employees are who hate their job and get rid of em.. there's too many good people out there looking for work who would love the opportunity to work here .. and not complain about it.

Large Corporation with Morales and a feeling that you are a part of TMP family.

Advertising & Ad Operations (Former Employee) West Hollywood, CA

ProsFrequent company pic-nic's, company outing, everyone birthday and anniversary are ALWAYS ACKNOWLEDGED. Constant training, what's not to like?

ConsYeah, I got nothing! Great company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change.

Target Media Partners

Pre-Press (Former Employee) Lansing, MI

ProsThe people who work in the office and in the field are the best group of people you will find. Working in the newspaper industry you will learn a lot about deadlines, working in a stress filled environment and constantly changing priorities.

ConsWages are not consistent in the same department. Raises are never available. No growth opportunities. Paper is a dying industry and they are unwilling to change or create new media growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaises and keeping everyone on the same payscale in the same department. Be more aware of emerging trends and use them to your advantage.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Target Media Partners Financial Analyst

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGreat Company, average salary rate. Treated with respect

ConsWorked over 60 hours a week

Advice to Senior ManagementCut back on hours and let employees have more time with their families

target on the slippery slope downward

Team Leader (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsTarget pays fairly well but you will work lots of hours.

Consif you get old--over 50, get ready for a pink slip.

Advice to Senior Managementthe up and out policy is not a great way to grow your company

Behind the times, but there's dental

ProsFriendly atmosphere in the corporate office. Excellent health benefits. Flexible working arrangements.

ConsTerrible vacation time---offices will frequently have unpaid holidays (New Years Eve, etc). Salaries are significantly below similar companies.

Print advertising (the company's main source of revenue) is dying. The online programs are overpriced and just a collection of other companies' services. There is nothing unique about what they offer in that regard.

This company has changed hands quite a few times --- it probably will not exist in 10 years.

No one really seems to be in charge. Executives manage their little corners of the business, but there's no one providing any vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide some leadership for the company. How do you stand out from competitors? What is your overall strategy? None of that is being communicated.

Do Not work for this company!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey give you a salary and then pull it back. Then they tell you if you don't sell you'll be fired. And if you sell they still fire you.
    Cheap and doesn't care.

ConsManagers who have never sold a thing. Into print, losing proposition. Digital is outsourced, not a winning proposition.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue

Fun and fast paced.

ProsFlexibility at the Branch Level, opportunity to share ideas and see them take shape, great portfolio of products,

ConsInability to change certain expense items to lower cost without corporate approval.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the branches control all expenses.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Target Media Partners? Contribute to the Community!