Target Reviews in Nevada

8,289 Reviews
3.1
8,289 Reviews

Brian Cornell

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in many areas (including work-from-home opportunities)" (in 232 reviews)

• This can be attributed to the young population of team members at headquarters (in 664 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is stressed however hard to achieve with very high expectations (in 517 reviews)

• I feel the compensation for team members does not always reflect the job positions (in 652 reviews)

More Highlights

38 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company to work for if you plan to get a degree in business

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Target part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Great work environment
    -Flexible with a college school schedule

Cons

-Inconsistent hours
    -Inconsistent pay raises compared to yearly review scores

Logistics

Current Employee - Sales, Logistics  in  Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Sales, Logistics in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are good that's all I can think of.

Cons

No consideration for internal advancement, Management never realize how much you actually do, no communication at all, they expect more for less pay (go figure), schedule changes when you are on your day off then when you come in they say "you were scheduled.. so on so on". Favoritism.

Read on Cons and learn from it. As a former manager to retail stores I've never seen management as this company. Having more experience than current managers and seeing how they are is ridiculous, young and naïve, completely lazy and do not communicate and that is one of my peeves. Favoritism is a real problem here. Listen to your employees and don't treat them like they are insignificant compared to you because in reality we are the ones that work hard for little pay while you all delegate and expect too much from our workload. I've always treated my associates like equals because I've been in their shoes and I know how it feels to be just an associate.

ETL - AP

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Assets Protection in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros

benefits are great, as well as pay

Cons

having multiple bosses can be very stressful, along with 12 hour days

Work life balance needs some work

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learned a lot and worked a lot.

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader Human Resources  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader Human Resources in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learned a lot about the operational side of the organization. The training is thorough. The company invests a lot of time into their associates. The brand has strong dependability as a result.

Cons

As a salaried individual you work hard and a lot. There were many weeks I worked seven days a week to be able to stay up to date with my departmental work and complete required Manager on Duty shifts.

Be honest about the expectation of hours worked in the interview. Many managers came as their first real job out of college and failed due to not having a realistic expectations regarding work life balance.

External Hires regardless of work history unorganized low pay.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, some good people to work with.

Cons

No communication, low pay compared to other companies, raises every year and very little, kids complain about hours but don't show up to work if they have a hangover, management doesn't keep up with paperwork to tardiness and no call no shows, management is unorganized, immature, and they don't know the meaning of communication and too lazy to file paperwork concerning team members and absences.

Listen to your team members, they do and see more than you do while your locked up in your office. Young management: There are team members that have gone through more than you have in life than just a 2 year degree so please give and treat your peers with respect. When there is a certain team member that has not performing well in their department consider what EVERYONE says about them. There's more to say just don't work here.

Great for learning but don't stay long

Former Employee - ETL - Human Resources  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - ETL - Human Resources in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was lucky to work in a store with great peers, not everyone is so lucky. I was given a ton of training, experience leading a large team and personal development that helped me both inside and outside of work.

Cons

Work life balance is very tough, there are times when you are made to feel like you aren't invested enough if you aren't putting in 10+ hours a day even if you are sick or have to pick up your kid. Upper management can spend a lot if time doing hourly tasks due to a lack in payroll, leading to a feeling that you are never finished - hence the need for the long hours. It can be a brutal cycle.

All stores are different - what a high volume store can execute easily a low volume store will struggle with.

Easy once you know what to do

Current Employee - Logistics Team Member  in  Spring Valley, NV
    Current Employee - Logistics Team Member in Spring Valley, NV

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros

Days can be predictable once you've experienced various scenarios. Plans can be made based on past events. Daily schedule is predictable because of that. HR can be hit or miss. I'm lucky enough that my TL's are supportive and sincere. The RED card donates to local schools and the company does lots of charity work so that's nice.

Cons

Hours can vary based on how much the store sells. Even if you're promised a particular set of hours, it doesn't matter if sales quota isn't met the next week. They will often guilt you into working late and other team members will guilt trip you if you decide to leave on time (even if you have a valid reason).

Better supervision of team members is needed. I've found other TM's slacking off plenty of times or being rude to other members.

Salary is great, but hit or miss on individual store culture and supervisor.

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary, benefits and emphasis on work/life balance. If you're fresh out of college, Target will teach you how to be a leader and give you invaluable leadership experience, as well as business knowledge.

Cons

Upward movement through the company is based on the perception of senior management and not on actual work performance or results. Once you've been pigeonholed as not having potential for promotion, it's difficult to move beyond that and receive attention or be considered at a later date. Being able to speak well on a visit or in an interview is more highly valued and rewarded than solid results and green workcenters.

Take work performance and results into consideration when identifying high potential team mmembers at any level.

Flexible scheduling, low hours, ineffective HR

Former Employee - Barista, Overnight Logistics, Cafe, Guest Service  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Barista, Overnight Logistics, Cafe, Guest Service in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I worked with were fun and made it a better workplace. What is expected of you is usually clearly outlined, and you are warned ahead of time whenever your work performance may be slipping, a complaint is received or whenever the team as a whole is struggling. Target is flexible for scheduling, especially for college students. You also get a 10% discount if you pay with cash or 15% discount if you pay with your RedCard.

Cons

HR was ineffective at both stores I worked at. If you have a complaint about being harassed by a co-worker, there's not really a way of avoiding conflict in the work place because when HR interviews said co-worker, they release details about your complaint, making it obvious who said it. Work then becomes very uncomfortable. They are strict about not being able to work, and try to make people change their FMLA needs to better suit the company rather than what's medically best for you. Pay is not competitive. Hours are not competitive. It is EXTREMELY rare to get overtime. They would rather have NO ONE working a department rather than pay them any overtime.

Be more considerate of employees with disabilities. Instead of hiring more people and scheduling people for fewer hours, distribute more work hours to existing employees.

it is my first job I took

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

nice coworkers
    works around school schedule

Cons

not enough people
    dealing with rude guests
    low moral

try to take more time to understand what the employees are looking for.
    better communication all around

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!