Target

9,220 Reviews
3.1
9,220 Reviews

Brian Cornell

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in many areas (including work-from-home opportunities)" (in 286 reviews)

• Well Target did a lot for the team members as far as rewarding for extra work loads (in 770 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is stressed however hard to achieve with very high expectations (in 638 reviews)

• I feel the compensation for team members does not always reflect the job positions (in 753 reviews)

More Highlights

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This company I once new

Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - Senior Team Lead in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This place is nice. Charge less then Walmart and pay there employees my better, while offering better customer service. I hoped one day to be a manager but hury my back so I went on dissability for the remainder of my life.

Cons

These places offer such fgood deals that the ma and pa stores cant compete. When they buy in bulk they beat the suppliers up and can never give a fair deal.

Close the stores

Friendly team members, but A LOT of favortism.

Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Minot, ND
    Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Minot, ND

I worked at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, ok benefits. fun environment.

Cons

Blatant favortism by management, extremely hot in the summer, when you're asked for ideas on improving the work environment, you're told why something can't be done.

Change Store Team Lead

I worked there as a part-time employee in college. It was a decent job that helped me get some money through college.

Current Employee - Target Back Room Team Member, Sales Floor Team Member in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Managers were great. They were very flexible with my college classes and athletics. They made me feel like a member of the family.

Cons

I didn't get paid enough for the work I did. New team members would be hired at the same pay rate or higher than me after I had been there for 2 years.

Keep the processes that are in place now. The company needs to reward the employees that have stuck with them over the years. They adjust with the new economy to bring people in but forget about the team members they already have.

I enjoy working at Target

Current Employee - ETL in Fargo, ND
    Current Employee - ETL in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They focus a lot on development and improvement

Cons

Sometimes unrealistic expectations from group leaders

Very nice- just don't steal

Former Employee - Cashier in Grand Forks, ND
    Former Employee - Cashier in Grand Forks, ND

I worked at Target part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, nice starting pay. Nice upkeep. Didn't have to pick up other people's slack or do their jobs for them since everyone worked together.

Cons

Didn't get paid overtime for working 12 hours on black friday. One of my bosses wasn't very nice but she got fired/quit shortly after I left anyway.

Nothing

Fast, Fun and Friendly Work Environment!

Former Employee - Management in Minot, ND
    Former Employee - Management in Minot, ND

I worked at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, excellent pay, lots of opportunity to excel and learn new opportunities, great employee benefits. Its fast, fun and friendly!!!

Cons

The work life balance is not great. Many times work had to come before spending time with family. They say they encourage a health work like balance however, if you took time off you had to work your but off before and after the departure in order to stay on track.

Enforce a better work life balance for all employees

Wal-mart wanna be

Current Employee - Presentation Team Lead in Grand Forks, ND
    Current Employee - Presentation Team Lead in Grand Forks, ND

I have been working at Target

Pros

The company tends to attract amazing talent.
    More socially responsible than their competitors.
    Best compensation package I've found in retail.
    Opportunity to promote quickly due to high turn-over rates.

Cons

Work-Life-Balance is no longer a realistic or attainable goal. Hourly employees are treated as disposable. Turnover rates have steadily risen in the past year approaching 50%. In response to these figures, HQ lowered their expectations for retention. The acceptable turnover percentage was increased to within 5% of 45% to qualify for a "green" management score. Good performance is always rewarded with more work and no compensation. Team Leaders have steadily been taking on the responsibilities of executives yet are still expected to accomplish goals on an hourly basis. These positions should be salaried.

Go back to your Minnesota roots. Don't forget the midwestern values and principles your company was founded on. Offer more living-wage positions. Reward employees not with snacks in the break room, but with a share in your growing profits.

It was an ok job

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Grand Forks, ND
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Grand Forks, ND

I worked at Target

Pros

If you are overnight stock you earn 2 dollars more an hour. it's an over all easy job and it's good for students.

Cons

i really did not like the management there. they would stand around and talk an rarely help or do anything.

actually lead by example rather than doing nothing on the side. hiding in the office and talking while the PA system is on does not count.

Overall positive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

I have been working at Target

Pros

Schedules are flexible, time off is fairly easy to get if needed. Target seems best suited to be a part time, extra income type job.

Cons

Pay and management feedback could be a lot better. Not many of the longer term employees project a very happy impression.

Interact more with all of the employees. Even the least experienced cashier should be noticed and recognized.

target

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minot, ND
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minot, ND

I have been working at Target

Pros

Target is a great place to work because the executive managment do an amazing job of operating the store.

Cons

I am not as impressed with the supervisors. (team leaders)

Make sure that your team leaders do not take advantage of the positions they have.