Target

www.target.com

Target Reviews in Oklahoma City, OK

Updated Jun 11, 2014

John J. Mulligan

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in many areas (including work-from-home opportunities)"(in 230 reviews)

• This can be attributed to the young population of team members at headquarters(in 662 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is stressed however hard to achieve with very high expectations(in 512 reviews)

• I feel the compensation for team members does not always reflect the job positions(in 648 reviews)

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's alright

Sales Floor-grocery (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsYou get a 10 percent discount, and the management at my store is pretty good. The customers are generally nice compared to the ones at wal-mart.

ConsThe pay isn't great and you have to back up cashiering constantly when you're working on the sales floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more cashiers so the people on the sales floor aren't constantly going back and forth from the sales floor to the front lanes.

tiring

Instocks Team Member (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

Prosthe people you work with

Conslow pay,no hours, no insurance

Advice to Senior Managementpay your people a living wage

Overworked and Underappreciated

Target ETL Logistics (Current Employee) Edmond, OK

ProsHigh Starting Pay, Decent Benefits

ConsDisorganized management with a "more with less" attitude toward all issues and planning.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not try to cut corners

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Full time according to Target is around 20 hours!

Flow Team Member (Former Employee) Norman, OK

ProsYou get 10% off and can get an additional 5% if you get their red card.
    You get to wear a red shirt.

ConsThey tell you you are full-time and then give you a whopping 20 hours per week.
    $8.50 to start regardless of what education and experience you bring to the table.
    They are unwilling to work with you on a flexible schedule even at just 20 hours per week.
    Atmosphere of modern day slavery among much of the work force.
    They are completely anti-union and most of the employees are enjoying the ignorant bliss of poverty.
    Poverty level income for a single person in 2014 is$11,670. By working at Target you will bring in about $8,000 per year. You will work much harder than other similar retail jobs and you are rewarded with less pay. Raises are from non-existent to 5 cents every few years.
    Based on the real-world hours and pay you will receive from Target, you will never even qualify for any benefits like 401K, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a living wage! Full time used to mean 40 hours, then 30 hours, now it's 20 according to Target.

Good money, bad atmosphere.

Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThere are Amazing people who work at Target. I don't mean at the Executive level and higher, I mean the Team Members and Team Leaders. These are hardworking and dedicated people that you can't find at many retailers.

ConsI worked in the Oklahoma district as an Executive Team Lead for about 2 years. If you don't mind your morals and ethics being challenged and just want to make some money, this could be the place for you. The expectations are unreachable in most cases and to be promoted you have to be bubbly, a good liar, and have a personal relationship with management. Overall, the pay was good but I couldn't stomach how upper management was treating the people who are doing the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your hands dirty, thank the Team, and stop making the Team cheat to reach your unrealistic expectations.

That's ok

Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsOvernight because I needed extra money

ConsNeed more people to get the job well done

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication

Lackluster

Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsTarget offers a discount (10%) that is available at any store nationwide, and possibly Canadian stores might honor the US discount.

Consnon competitive pay for team members, total managerial disregard for team members well being, hire upper level management that knows nothing to lead the teams. When management gets in hot water, they blame it on the team members

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit being callous and uncaring, pay attention to team member's needs, and don't put them in the same area continuously. Be mindful of turnover, and look for creative ways to minimize the turnover. Just because Target got looped into a financial fiasco, don't punish team members with a quota on red cards.

I've Done It All

Cashier and Starbucks (Current Employee) Edmond, OK

ProsGood Coworkers. I was able to be trained in every part of the store.

ConsHorrible Management, low pay, horrible discount. You only get a real discount if you use the Target red card. I was trained in every part of the store, but yet I received no pay raise. I did more work than most of the GSAs and they made more money than me. Starbucks was the worst. The team lead in that department doesn't know what she's doing, she's all over the place. The aggressively force you to get credit cards, but who really needs another card? The cashiers always quit, so everyone has to do backup cashiering for hours. Also, Target is a straight up bureaucracy. Honestly, in all my time at Target I still feel like I get absolutely no respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better. Give better pay, or at least a better discount. We are humans not machines.

Great place to shop, not to work.

Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) Moore, OK

ProsMy coworkers were great. The store for the most part was nice to work in, always clean, and when I started out, there were so many people working there that things got done.

ConsSupervisors, management is horrid, too much work expected of you for the pay they give. I was doing more than most the ETL's and GSTL (manager above me), yes I was only making 8.83 while GSTL made 12+/hr to do NOTHING!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't create cliques. My store was too cliquey, and hire some freaking people. One store CANNOT run on only 4 people closing, or with 3 cashiers at most from open to 4 pm.

Cart Attendant

Cart Attendant (Former Employee) Norman, OK

ProsUnderstanding if had to call in (probably because was only a cart attendant). If you are a high school student looking for a job where you work without pressure it is for you, except the cons listed below.

ConsAlways outside getting carts whether its day, night, cold, rain, snow, 105* outs, etc. Management has unreal expectations when it comes to keeping a certain amount of carts inside for customers. Example: Holiday shopping = hundreds of customers checking out each hour = those carts left scattered in parking lot = takes awhile to round them up and then navigate a train of 20 carts back into the store while trying to avoid cars and pedestrians who are ALWAYS annoyed you are in their way.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about the cart attendant. Although it is only an $8 an hour job and mostly high school kids, they are still a huge part of the daily operations. The keep the parking lot clean, carts stocked, clean, and ready to go for customer use, clean bathrooms, and outside trash, etc. Pretty much all the jobs everyone else wants to avoid.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!