Target

Target President, CEO, and Director Gregg W. Steinhafel

Gregg W. Steinhafel

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's alright

Sales Floor-grocery (Current Employee)

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

ProsYou get a 10 percent discount, and the management at my store is pretty good. The customers are generally nice compared to the ones at wal-mart.

ConsThe pay isn't great and you have to back up cashiering constantly when you're working on the sales floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more cashiers so the people on the sales floor aren't constantly going back and forth from the sales floor to the front lanes.

Good money, bad atmosphere.

Executive Team Leader (Former Employee)

I worked at Target full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are Amazing people who work at Target. I don't mean at the Executive level and higher, I mean the Team Members and Team Leaders. These are hardworking and dedicated people that you can't find at many retailers.

ConsI worked in the Oklahoma district as an Executive Team Lead for about 2 years. If you don't mind your morals and ethics being challenged and just want to make some money, this could be the place for you. The expectations are unreachable in most cases and to be promoted you have to be bubbly, a good liar, and have a personal relationship with management. Overall, the pay was good but I couldn't stomach how upper management was treating the people who are doing the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your hands dirty, thank the Team, and stop making the Team cheat to reach your unrealistic expectations.

That's ok

Overnight Stocker (Former Employee)

I worked at Target full-time for less than a year

ProsOvernight because I needed extra money

ConsNeed more people to get the job well done

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lackluster

Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee)

I worked at Target full-time for more than 10 years

ProsTarget offers a discount (10%) that is available at any store nationwide, and possibly Canadian stores might honor the US discount.

Consnon competitive pay for team members, total managerial disregard for team members well being, hire upper level management that knows nothing to lead the teams. When management gets in hot water, they blame it on the team members

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit being callous and uncaring, pay attention to team member's needs, and don't put them in the same area continuously. Be mindful of turnover, and look for creative ways to minimize the turnover. Just because Target got looped into a financial fiasco, don't punish team members with a quota on red cards.

I've Done It All

Cashier and Starbucks (Current Employee)
Edmond, OK

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

ProsGood Coworkers. I was able to be trained in every part of the store.

ConsHorrible Management, low pay, horrible discount. You only get a real discount if you use the Target red card. I was trained in every part of the store, but yet I received no pay raise. I did more work than most of the GSAs and they made more money than me. Starbucks was the worst. The team lead in that department doesn't know what she's doing, she's all over the place. The aggressively force you to get credit cards, but who really needs another card? The cashiers always quit, so everyone has to do backup cashiering for hours. Also, Target is a straight up bureaucracy. Honestly, in all my time at Target I still feel like I get absolutely no respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better. Give better pay, or at least a better discount. We are humans not machines.

Great place to shop, not to work.

Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee)
Moore, OK

I worked at Target full-time for more than a year

ProsMy coworkers were great. The store for the most part was nice to work in, always clean, and when I started out, there were so many people working there that things got done.

ConsSupervisors, management is horrid, too much work expected of you for the pay they give. I was doing more than most the ETL's and GSTL (manager above me), yes I was only making 8.83 while GSTL made 12+/hr to do NOTHING!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't create cliques. My store was too cliquey, and hire some freaking people. One store CANNOT run on only 4 people closing, or with 3 cashiers at most from open to 4 pm.

Cart Attendant

Cart Attendant (Former Employee)

I worked at Target part-time

ProsUnderstanding if had to call in (probably because was only a cart attendant). If you are a high school student looking for a job where you work without pressure it is for you, except the cons listed below.

ConsAlways outside getting carts whether its day, night, cold, rain, snow, 105* outs, etc. Management has unreal expectations when it comes to keeping a certain amount of carts inside for customers. Example: Holiday shopping = hundreds of customers checking out each hour = those carts left scattered in parking lot = takes awhile to round them up and then navigate a train of 20 carts back into the store while trying to avoid cars and pedestrians who are ALWAYS annoyed you are in their way.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about the cart attendant. Although it is only an $8 an hour job and mostly high school kids, they are still a huge part of the daily operations. The keep the parking lot clean, carts stocked, clean, and ready to go for customer use, clean bathrooms, and outside trash, etc. Pretty much all the jobs everyone else wants to avoid.

Don't plan on getting rich

Overnight Stocker (Former Employee)

I worked at Target full-time for less than a year

ProsThe staff was friendly for the most part

ConsThey were more worried about getting things on the shelf and did not care if it was unrealistic to get something done, they would keep you late, then send you home later instead of giving overtime, they did not believe in rewarding you with a raise, instead they piled on more work and asked more of you. I quit with little notice, simply said I am looking for new work when I stop coming I found a better job because they cut our hours and were constantly getting mad at us for not getting things done fast enough even though they were cutting the amout of workers while we had the same work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaises are nice as well as overtime, goal time is looked at as a joke to the employees, be more a friendly team player and you get more done, the managers that constantly rode us and gave goal times never got as much done as the managers who worked with us and were more friendly.

Trainer

Trainer (Current Employee)
Norman, OK

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

ProsLaid back, flexible with scheduling, decent pay

ConsTerribly cheesy atmosphere (won't be able to take seriously), angry customers, etc.

Would not recommend.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Midwest City, OK

I have been working at Target part-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible schedule,sometimes free food,most of the employees are friendly.

ConsHorrible pay, hours differ from week to week, sometimes the team leads get overwhelmed and take it out on the employees, if you are on the sales floor and if you finish your area you have to finish other lazy Co workers area. Sometimes they make you stay 1 hour past your scheduled time. Crappy discount only 10% isn't that much. They turn the air off when the store closes. Having to deal with rude customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees more, give more of a discount, treat employees like human beings instead of slaves.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings in Oklahoma City, OK — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO Gregg W. Steinhafel. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.