Target Reviews

Reset
3.2
Brian Cornell
1,608 Ratings

Pros
  • Work life balance is understood (in 286 reviews)

• Most team members are awesome people (in 770 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance has taken a huge hit over the past 12 months (in 638 reviews)

• Their paranoia over metrics or the annual audit corporate conducts yearly create unnecessary chaos that trickles downstream to your team members (in 753 reviews)

13,043 Employee Reviews

Certified Pharmacy Technician

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in La Verne, CA
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in La Verne, CA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Target is able to give to its team members: Flexible hours, good environment, benefits and team member discount on things in the store

Cons

Target could do better by: Pay could be better, benefits don't kick in until one year employment, CVS just bought Target pharmacy so maybe no more team member discount.

2. Easy and Boring

I have been working at Target part-time

Pros

Easy job with little to do

Cons

Extremely boring and very repetitive

Good but holidays and back to school suck

Former Employee - Target GSA in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Target GSA in Austin, TX

Pros

Fun atmosphere, good people, laid back in a lot of ways.

Cons

- Black Friday (Company doesn't care about their employees and their family life) - Working any major holiday is insane.

5. Team member

Pros

It was great. Would so it again

Cons

Way Too many young kids

6. Good part time work

Pros

Enjoyable place to work at. Coworkers were helpful and fun to work with. Received a good amount of work hours considering the amount of team members that were employed at the time.

Cons

Early morning hours wear on you. Some of the work efficiency goals requested by team leaders were near impossible to fulfill - though I understand that some of it was meant to be motivation to work harder.

Advice to Management

Things for the most part were good from what I could tell. Making sure technology and equipment is up to date and keeping everything functional will help.

7. Tiring but as good

I have been working at Target part-time

Pros

Love the people I work with and management at my store is great. And the hr is super flexible with my school schedule as well as vacations and emergencies.

Cons

Can be immensely tiring on my body going home with tired feet and legs is the norm

8. Enjoyed my time there

Pros

Great staff, great culture, lots of team cohesion

Cons

Long hours, poor location so the customers were rude

9. Great

Pros

They are a great team to work with

Cons

A lot of standing is involved with most positions/

Advice to Management

Keep it up...Youre doing great

10. The work is easy, pay could be better.

Current Employee - Bike Builder/Sales Floor in Garden Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Bike Builder/Sales Floor in Garden Grove, CA

Pros

The job is very easy once you get the hang of it. The co-works make working at Target really fun, some days all you want to do it talk and hang out with them. You move around from department to department, and you learn different skills that you can use after you leave the company. It's a great job if you are in high school or just getting out of high school, or a college student. It's not a career job unless you are a team leader or LOD.

Cons

Yearly reviews you don't get good raises, 27 cents is concreted really good. Not enough cashiers heavy use of back up from the sales floor. That't really the only thing I really hate about my job. All day the team leads just call for back up and complain why we didn't do a better job on the sales floor, because you will spend 60% of your shift backing up if you go up every time they call it. Not much room to grow unless you become a team lead. As far as being a Bike builder you are not given the hours to really do your job right, it's more then just assembling. You are the department because their is most of the time just one bike builder per store. The team lead will gladly pull you from your job to do something on the floor or what ever because they didn't staff the store right. You have to tell them no and explain to them like kids why you need to stay in your department. In the very job description you are not required to back up or anything but stay in your department. Do they care some times. I got into a argument with the store manager when I had just trained to bike builders to cover for me when I went on vacation, and I wanted to check the bikes to make sure they were safe for the guess, and he didn't want me to do it. He was sending people home to save hours and wanted to move me from my job to cover them. Just be prepared to defend your rights as a worker because they will try to take advantage for you if you let them.

Advice to Management

To fight for the team members well being instead of only kissing corporates butts. Stop giving us lip serves and starting showing that you care by your actions.

11. Decent Pay & Great Work Experience

Current Employee - Merchandise Flow Team Member in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandise Flow Team Member in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Early mornings = Get the rest of the day off Friendly/Hard working team members Team members determined to get work done Decent pay to start Individually working

Cons

Early mornings = Adjusting to new sleeping schedule Always be cautious of broken merchandise (glass) Individually working Although doable, stocking can be tedious

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work Continue pushing employees to success Always promote the positive vibes Continue being serious while still making everything a great work experience

Showing 13,043 of 13,290 reviews