Target Reviews

Reset
3.2
Brian Cornell
1,433 Ratings

Pros
  • Work life balance is understood (in 286 reviews)

• Most team members are awesome people (in 770 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance has taken a huge hit over the past 12 months (in 638 reviews)

• Their paranoia over metrics or the annual audit corporate conducts yearly create unnecessary chaos that trickles downstream to your team members (in 753 reviews)

12,484 Employee Reviews

Unrealistic expectations for leadership

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I first started working for the company, they offered great benefits for part-time employees and I was able to work my way up quickly through the ranks and pay for my education. They really cared about the development and retention of it's employees, helping customers and being a national brand.

Cons

The last few years have really been unsteady for those who have been with the company for a number of years. Part-time employees no longer have benefits, hours are cut significantly to where most employees have multiple jobs, and are still expected to provide the same quality of service as before. Political games are being played constantly with a top and bottom performer for every leader. Even if you are the best at what you do, you still fall under the chopping block. There is no more incentive for employee loyalty. High turnover and corporate layoffs. There is also an unclear direction as to where the new CEO is leading the company.

Advice to Management

Target has been constantly chasing technological advances and launching new programs before they are currently tested and fully supported. They need to thoroughly look into what they are investing money in before rolling them out to the store level where the more recent programs have done nothing but add frustration, negativity, and less resources to stores that really need payroll and incentives to keep great employees with the company and to be able to share great experiences to keep customers coming back.

Cashier

I worked at Target

Pros

Flexible on scheduling, 10% off employee discount, everyone is pretty chill, great first job.

Cons

Redcards...Target revolves around them.

Executive Team Leader

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love working here, Its one of the best places to gain experience. You can also grow very rapidly all depending on your drive and ambition. This company is amazing. Very goal, team and family oriented all rolled into one. I would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

Working on holidays and 10-12hr shifts can get a bit overwhelming after a few years. I suggest would say this would be a perfect place for fresh new college graduates. If you have a family it can be challenging to juggle both. Not that it is impossible, but, sometimes it can feel that way. :)

5. Still a good place to work

Former Employee - Specialist, Project Manager in Elk River, MN
    Former Employee - Specialist, Project Manager in Elk River, MN

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, amazing office space with lots of perks. Target encourages movement and advancement within the company and provides opportunities for continuing education. They also foster an inclusive environment.

Cons

They are going through a lot of changes right now and will be for sometime. There are no guarantees that what is there today will still be there tomorrow.

Advice to Management

Take care of and foster the talent you have.

6. Sr. Team Lead

I have been working at Target

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Lots of long days and working holiday

7. Pharmacy Technician

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Target (More than 3 years)

Pros

Target offers a friendly work environment. Many off their pharmacies are low volume. Excellent customer service is a must. Most pharmacists are easy to work with.

Cons

Low volume often means low hours.CVS/Health merger may have an impact on this. So far the only information I have heard is that Target Pharmacy employees will work for CVS and not be allowed to work in other parts of the store.

Advice to Management

With so many manager positions at target, it is important to maintain effective communication. As a team member of a smaller work center I often felt I fell through the cracks. I was not invited to most huddles and a lot of business news isn't shared.

8. Engineer Intern

I worked at Target

Pros

Fun work environment encourages employees to connect with one another

Cons

Not high need for engineers

9. Target is great

I have been working at Target full-time

Pros

Target is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for advancement, great core ideals, and an awesome work environment.

Cons

There is a lot of politics that go into advancing your career with this company. And sometimes you have to wait for one of the politicians to leave before you can advance.

Advice to Management

Work harder at making things more even amongst team members. Train everyone, not just a select few. Offer everyone the opportunity to learn.

10. Executive Team Leader - Human Resources

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Target

Pros

Target makes it a point to treat their employees with dignity and respect. Employee engagement and Training were high priorities for Target.

Cons

The long hours required to put the store back together during the holidays.

Advice to Management

Have a defined cut off point for putting the store back together during the holidays.

11. GOod place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Target (More than a year)

Pros

- Nice work envirnment - good people great benefits

Cons

- none i could think of except sometimes we need to put long hours - but its rare

Advice to Management

Great job

Showing 12,484 of 12,720 reviews