Target

9,703 Reviews
3.1
9,703 Reviews

Brian Cornell

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in many areas (including work-from-home opportunities)" (in 286 reviews)

• Well Target did a lot for the team members as far as rewarding for extra work loads (in 770 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is stressed however hard to achieve with very high expectations (in 638 reviews)

• I feel the compensation for team members does not always reflect the job positions (in 753 reviews)

More Highlights

FunPlace

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Wenatchee, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Wenatchee, WA

I have been working at Target part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free drink days, schedule, hour pick ups, flexible hours,they honor your ability, super fun and friendly people, amazing vibe.

Cons

some of the management guys can be jerks
    the training isn't that in depth you get thrown out there with the lions.

Great Company To Work For, But Not For Everyone

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Human Resources in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Human Resources in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

(Speaking from the store-level) The people you work with are great! Being around such smart, focused, hard working, kind and funny individuals is what will keep some people there long after they are ready to go. The money and benefits are good. The leadership development is great. The culture and ethics of the company are outstanding.

Cons

Work-life balance is rough. Minimum 50 hours a week is the expectation, I never worked less than that. The level of expectation at the store level is often unrealistic.

Be aware of what the ETL's are experiencing within each district.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Store Team Leader
    Former Employee - Store Team Leader

I worked at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits
    Flexibility
    promote from within
    Team focused

Cons

All stores are not the same, unfortunately this does not really fit in with the Target paradigm. More attention needs to be paid to individual store needs in order to achieve the companies long-term vision. Also, the company needs to be more focused on innovation to stay relevant.

Trust your STL's to know what is right for their store and let them sell stuff, after all that's what the store is for.

Target team consists of hard-working, determined individuals who have the guests' needs at the forefront of their minds.

Former Employee - Cashier/Guest Services in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Guest Services in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

10% team discount. You're able to move up the career ladder at Target pretty quickly, depending on your work ethic. Any team member are generally willing to help you, or at least find someone who can assist you. You're trained in more than more department, which makes it possible for more hours and more pay, if you so wish.

Cons

The public, of course! The constant need to get more Red Cards. The constant need to sell more warranties. The constant need to watch your speed. Management will sometimes break their own rules/guidelines in order to appease certain guests, which will make you (the cashier) appear incompetent.

Make it more clear in the job duties the many responsibilities as a cashier (red cards, warranties, checkout speed, conversing with guests, etc.). Also, I understand why Red Cards are so important, but constantly having to ask each guest (and sometimes the same guests) about Red Cards is making the guests frustrated with the cashier. Instead, I would suggest for each Cashier to hand a slip a paper with the many benefits of the Red Card to each guest along with the receipts of their purchase. In this instance, the guests would have their own leisure to decide whether they want a Red Card. They could always come back to open an account at a later time.

Very uncomfortable environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland, IN

I have been working at Target full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Really dont have anything nice to say about this job expect its a pay check and it can put a little change in your pockets until you can get something better.

Cons

Very little training.
    Not enough people to cover expected work loads.
    Leads are prejudice.
    Horrible communication between co-workers.
    No organization.
    Floor gets all the recognition while backroom team get hits with all the work.

Step up and fully oversee what is going on in the backroom!

I wish I could get rehired as I held a seasonal position.

Former Employee - Cashier in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Boston, MA

I worked at Target part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Loved it! It really felt like we were family having team member lunches and a thank you wall.

Cons

I signed up for the Starbucks station but when a target cashier was needed I had to do that instead .

N/A Everyone was very professional, always on time, and quite chipper.

Amazing!

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Austin, TX

I worked at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Target takes care of its employees. Initially they provide thorough training to prepare you for the job. It is a very smooth transition. The schedule is flexible, which helps you maintain a healthy work-life balance. Management ensures that employees are happy and provide incentives/rewards for hard work. You are able to grow with this company and feel good about the morals of the Target team. Everyone works together and it is a fun environment to be a part of.

Cons

Occasionally it can feel a little impersonal working for such a large corporation. You might have to work long hours for little pay.

I would be an asset to your company, I have plenty of experience with customer service and clerical and payroll.

Current Employee - Office Work in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Office Work in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Hopefully benefits, I am not sure if you offer that but that would be a big plus

Cons

I don't really see any cons to this employment.

Keep all registers open when needed.

Executive Team Leader Sales Floor

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - Hardlines
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader - Hardlines

I worked at Target full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You will work in a fast paced environment that is different day to day. Often you will work independently giving you a sense of being a business owner responsible for all aspects of your departments. On the other hand you will also work closely with other executives to achieve store wide goals. Target offers good benefits including health, dental and 401k along with other discounts and benefits.

Cons

Work life balance can be challenging with high company expectations and limited resources.

Very engaging, leadership driven, watch out for sharks....

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Savannah, GA

I worked at Target full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Top of the line benefits and time off added while you work, great cultural of building friends and teams, great set hours in distribution.

Cons

Personal growth sometimes surpasses execution and results according to leaders. Be careful of wolves in sheep clothing.

Be present and in the moment with your leaders and teams. Try being more transparent and break down clicks within the organization instead of creating and signing off on them.