Target

Target Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.2 7,661 reviews

John J. Mulligan

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in many areas (including work-from-home opportunities)"(in 230 reviews)

• This can be attributed to the young population of team members at headquarters(in 662 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is stressed however hard to achieve with very high expectations(in 512 reviews)

• I feel the compensation for team members does not always reflect the job positions(in 648 reviews)

7,661 Employee Reviews

Work Experience

Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsDefinitely recommend this place as a starter job. Everyone is friendly all they care about is the guest and trying to makes them feel comfortable. They have little recognitions meetings.

ConsIt was seasonal, so everything had to be fast pace. The slower workers would get called out if they were doing there job slow.

Loved working for the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDiscounts and all the friendly staff that worked at the location I was at.

ConsVery hard to advance within the company even if you have the experience.

Great Job for teens

Target Team Member (Current Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsGreat pay. and great work enviroment

ConsCut of hours during non seasonal time

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Floor Employee

Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) Machesney Park, IL

ProsGreat place to learn customer service skills. Great exercise...you are always moving!

ConsNot much room for advancement. Retail hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

I had more good days than bad days working for Target.

Executive Team Leader - Logistics (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsThe people made it an enjoyable experience, but the pay was nice, too.

ConsRetail is inherently a frustrating world, but Target seemed to find ways to make the job more frustrating than it had to be. By the end, the biggest challenge I faced was just enduring all of the unnecessary corporate nonsense; the job itself was not terribly difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementNepotism is rarely the most effective way of developing a strong management team, as may be evidenced by the series of recent large-scale failures within the company.

Good training internship

Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) Albany, OR

ProsMaking more than average internships, and learning how a large corporation works. Good culture, values and training. Overall good experience to learn retail.

ConsWorking in a Target every day is exhausting. The potential for growth is there but it will take a while to climb the corporate ladder.

Essentials

ProsDiscounts are good because I find most of what I need there.

ConsA lot of good people work there.

Great job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility, caring bosses, not to difficult to work there, great break time

Consnot really easy to advance, some times customers give you attitude but the customer is always right...

Working at Target

ProsGreat benefits and compensation at upper level management and mid level management. Coworkers are like family and become friends fast. 401k benefits and dental are great benefits as well.

ConsWork / Life balance has always been a struggle with this company especially if there is a leadership opening. Company is always changing their direction on what the next expectation is for the team.

Great place to work!

Cashier (Former Employee) Santee, CA

ProsYou can be yourself. They allow piercing/fantasy hair/ tattoos. You are given a raise every three months. Plenty of room for advancement. Working with amazing people.

ConsThey push the Target Visa even make you walk around the store asking guests (that you have already asked) if they want to sign up. Will be fired for standing up for yourself and blacklisted. Meaning you can never work at any Target ever again.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestigate issues with employees. Acknowledge hard workers. Pat yourselves on the back for letting us be individuals.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!