Target Reviews

10472 reviews filtered by
3.2
10,472 Reviews
Brian Cornell

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in many areas (including work-from-home opportunities)" (in 286 reviews)

• Well Target did a lot for the team members as far as rewarding for extra work loads (in 770 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is stressed however hard to achieve with very high expectations (in 638 reviews)

• I feel the compensation for team members does not always reflect the job positions (in 753 reviews)

Great place to work, with lots of advancement opportunity

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader- Salesfloor/Guest Experience in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Target full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Target accepts you for who you are. There is not certain "mold" that you have to fit to be appreciated!

Cons

Opportunities to advance are not as available as they are with other companies. Promotions and moves become a waiting game.

Stop and say thank you to your teams every once and a while. We work very hard store side and we don't get enough credit

2. Woring for target.

Current Employee - Barista
    Current Employee - Barista

I have been working at Target

Pros

Nice people, Quick and easy hiring process, Busy work enviroment , loving managment. They work with as best as the can. A lot of good benifits .

Cons

low hours, Not enough pay for the low hours, A bit onorganized, Grouped up , change in time to come to work without any notice .

3. Fast, friendly, and cross trained

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Target

Pros

You get good experience, a good job to start if your in school, and they will work around your school hours. They use updated technology and great commication is used between the team.

Cons

Be prepared to go beyond and above for a customer. Also be open to work in different departments at short notice. Target is a very busy store on the weekends and holidays. Executives will monitor your area and keep a check on you.

Try to provide extra support on busy nights when the store is under staffed. Always be respectful and show your store team that you apriecate their efforts and smile more often.

5. Great Company

I have been working at Target

Pros

Honest Pay, Great People to work with

Cons

Not much room for advancement, Hours are Bad

The management needs to be more understanding to the employees

6. Great place to start out as your first job.

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Target

Pros

Every team member know their job responsibilities which makes the job easier and willing to help each others.

Cons

Hours get cut on a weekly basis due to sales forecast.

7. Fast, fun, and friendly!

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Your experience is based on the Target you work at and your supervisor. I was lucky to have very supportive and friendly supervisors! The Pharmacist I worked for put profound trust in me and always "had my back". I had subbed at other Targets and the technicians were very aggressive towards their pharmacist and vice versa, so it all depends.

Cons

Target pharmacies are not as progressive as other pharmacies, which requires both the pharmacist and pharmacy technicians to do a lot of tedious work!

Pharmacy coverage is very important for a pharmacy to run smoothly and to perform to the best of its ability. I think it is vital to help our pharmacists! PLEASE MORE COVERAGE!

Good company, annoying managers

Current Employee - Cashier in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Cashier in Denver, CO

I have been working at Target

Pros

Everyone is very nice overall. The company is good about breaks and lunches

Cons

They have vibe talks at the end of each shift nd you have to discuss with a manager about your day if you got Red Cards

I understand red cards are important but maybe try actually caring about us a little more

9. Awesome

Current Employee - Cashier in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Target part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendliness. Very helpful employees that work hard

Cons

None. Great place for first job

I was a Lvl. 2 Specialist and Team Trainer. Great experience. Had Outstandings and Excellents on all of my reviews.

Former Employee - Electronics Team Member/Salesfloor/Instocks in Redding, CA
    Former Employee - Electronics Team Member/Salesfloor/Instocks in Redding, CA

I worked at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cross training available. Hours are there if your availability is open. Recognition is give verbally and "Great team cards."

Cons

Low pay. Low raises. And you will not advance within the company unless you have a college degree.

Hire the people who have been there for a few years and know what they are doing (such as the team trainers), instead of these kids fresh out of college who has no idea what they're doing and just micro-manage. Target is notorious for being the "revolving door of managers" because they can't seem to hire anyone from outside who knows what they are doing.

11. Challenging times, but still a good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, including: reasonable insurance pricing, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement. Also truly values a strong work/life balance, and most managers are respectful of personal appointments provided you are still delivering work results.

Cons

Lower morale lately given all the cost saving measures including the recent layoffs. Not much has been done to "re-recruit" employees. Still has bureaucratic issues to resolve.

Incentivize employees to stay and improve morale! Especially considering the layoffs, company is at risk of losing additional good talent in the near future. Competitors are already poaching top employees.