Target

www.target.com

Target Reviews in Ventura, CA

Updated Mar 4, 2014

John J. Mulligan

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance in many areas (including work-from-home opportunities)"(in 230 reviews)

• This can be attributed to the young population of team members at headquarters(in 662 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is stressed however hard to achieve with very high expectations(in 512 reviews)

• I feel the compensation for team members does not always reflect the job positions(in 648 reviews)

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very decent company to work for who treat their employees fairer than most I've worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ventura, CA

ProsCompetitive pay, plenty of opportunities to grow in the company if you apply yourself, they work hard to make it a fun place to work and give plenty of recognition.

ConsExpectations can sometimes be too high for the pay earned, huge hour cuts beginning of the year every year but if you can stick it out it's better than most retail places to work at.

Good...for retail

Senior Target Protection Specialist (Current Employee) Ventura, CA

ProsI love being in Assets Protection. Ruining a shoplifter's day is so much fun, and you've got to be on the ball. It can be demanding, but I find that to be rewarding. Target is pretty flexible and a good first job.

ConsPay is low, raises are laughable and capped at 6% at the very top end (manual says 0-3% of store employees will receive this).

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery year is more work, less incentive. Even Wal-Mart pays better than Target. Come on.

I like working at Target. Advancement is not great but I play the role of team lead. I enjoy my time off as well.

Flow Team (Current Employee) Ventura, CA

ProsI like the hours. The benefits and saving are good.

ConsAdvancement is not good. Training could use a lot of improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain employee better. Advance better. Have people in a position for a limited time them promote or replace.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good second job, definitely not a career place. Thankfully it was my second job for spending cash.

Guest Service Trainer (Former Employee) Ventura, CA

ProsReally nice managers, coworkers and HR staff. Super easy job. If youre a good worker than they'll work you a lot.

ConsPay is awful, even for managers with degrees its laughable. A lot of people you deal with (customers and coworkers alike) are very unintelligent. Hours aren't desirable (as with any retail job).

Advice to Senior ManagementI would just suggest to bridge the gap a little more with pay of store managers and regular team members. So many of my coworkers had families to feed and couldn't because the pay was so awful. I also dont think it necessary to need a degree to move up into management.

10 + years of Target experience - have I seen it all ? The answer is no, there is always something new to learn !

Team Leader (Current Employee) Ventura, CA

ProsTarget offers many development opportunities for it's team members, that being said, team members need to drive their own development which shows a desire and commitment to learning. Target also offers a work./life balance, great insurance benefits and their culture/values system is inclusive.

ConsExecutive leaders are often lacking business experience Target or other wise. They do not have management experience and that often leads to misunderstandings and hurt feelings for team members. Team Leaders are often training their new supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncoming executives begin with at least 6 months of hands on Team Leader experience. Learn the Company from the trenches, explore and develop your management style before you are the final word at store level

Being a cashier at Target

Cashier (Current Employee) Ventura, CA

Prosall of my coworkers are wonderful.

Consrandom rules, favoritism, team leads can do no wrong

Friendly people, mostly supportive coworkers, hard hard work.

Cart Attendant (Current Employee) Ventura, CA

ProsUsually lots of hours, free drinks sometimes, supportive coworkers, the ten percent discount with the discount and red card, professional atmosphere.

ConsNon- consistent scheduling. As a cart attendant, the job you have to do is very physically demanding, and I don't believe we are very fairly compensated for the job. Also, upper management doesn't seem to recognize the hard work put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay cart attendants more, they're really an under-appreciated asset.

not the best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ventura, CA

Prosnice managers, supervisor, co-workers, but they all gossip and stab each others in the back, can't open your mouth in this work place because the whole company will hear it

ConsAlways worked alone, I was a team member without a team, Always had too many people on slow days ..

Advice to Senior Managementgive more hours to your employees, Target donates 5% to schools but they jack up the price in order to make an extra 5% to give to the schools

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!