Targetbase Reviews

Updated August 22, 2014

2.4

Targetbase President and CEO Mark Wright
Mark Wright

Been here one month and all is well!

I have been working at Targetbase full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, good people, fair compensation, and it's great leaving at noon on Fridays! The mgmt. team has been extremely helpful getting me the tools I need to be successful. I love the family environment and it's pet friendly which I think is fantastic. Free soft drinks and coffee as well as onsite catering.

Cons

The benefits package offered is very standard.

Thanks for hiring me! I'm very optimistic about my career here.

Aug 13, 2014Sr. Director

We appreciate your review and are glad you enjoy working with us. Thank you for your comments.

A promising future!

I have been working at Targetbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company will bend over backwards for their employees. It's rare these days to find a company that focuses on employee happiness like they do here.

Cons

There are a myriad of challenges presented by our fast-paced growth. It might be time to refocus and double down on the longterm future plans.

A focus on brand and an expanded, integrated marketing strategy would generate a ton of lift for our organization.

Aug 13, 2014Sr. Director

Thank you for your feedback. Your kudos are very appreciated and we value your opinions.

Started great. Now it drains my soul.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Targetbase full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Recently more free food.
    Summer hours.
    Free sodas.
    GSO office location full of great teams.
    Interesting clients.
    Dogs allowed in office.
    Smart people in Analytics.

Cons

HR looks out for themselves first.
    Client services has no one in charge.
    Technology is pure chaos.
    No integration.
    Finance is full of chauvinistic men.
    Consulting team is a sham with 1 person.
    Too much core competency outsourcing.
    With only about a dozen clients, opportunity to learn is limited.
    No real training.
    Too concerned with the Omnicom microscope.
    Exec team doesn't care and just focused on their bonuses.
    Career paths were created for show.
    Too much lying inside and out.

Aug 28, 2014Sr. Director

We value the opinions of our employees, thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We encourage you to consider reaching out to a member of our People Solutions or Senior Management team to ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dissatisfied

I worked at Targetbase full-time

Pros

People were friendly, smart, and hard-working

Cons

Management and employees were extremely disconnected, as were the departments

Connect departments and create a more open-door culture. Career plans and vertical mobility should be communicated clearly to all employees.

Aug 13, 2014Sr. Director

We appreciate that you took the time to provide your thoughts. We will share your comments with our management team in the interest of continuous improvement. If you have any ideas on how we can ... More

Shady Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Targetbase full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Sorta laid back environment within the offices

Cons

Strict on scheduling as if you are an hourly uneducated employee or something. Management is shady, backlighting liars. Its all about who's friends with this specific person in HR. The HR team are a bunch of sneaky liars that will say or do anything to cover their you know whats. I can't say enough how shady they are.

They don't want advice. The managers have it made because they are managers due to politics and politics only. Who cares about their skills?

Company bad but majority of people are nice

I have been working at Targetbase

Pros

Most of the people are nice

Cons

HR is horrible, too many Indians running the place and not enough chiefs with guts to pull it together.

Aug 13, 2014Sr. Director

Thank you for commenting we value the opinions of our employees and are always looking for ways to improve. We would enjoy the opportunity to discuss your thoughts with you in more detail.

Don't believe the bull!

I have been working at Targetbase full-time

Pros

Free soda, Friday hours during the summer, Dogs at office, Some nice coworkers especially in the Greensboro location, and Clean office.

Cons

"Things are shaping up"? No. Recent reviews written by HR and other managers at TB. Don't believe it! It's a terrible place here. Although the halls feel better recently, it's still a nightmare.

It's very clear our CEO hates his job. He has no passion. It's very sad.

We lie to clients constantly. There is no truth inside or outside. All activities are about cutting corners and billing more. I'm always asked to bill hours not worked. I do it because I want my paycheck. But that's all it is - a paycheck.

I can't wait to find a real place that I can build my career and not just go to work. I have to work almost every weekend too. With no recognition for it because it is expected.

QUIT. Let Omnicom clean house. It is the only option left.

Aug 13, 2014Sr. Director

We appreciate your honesty and are sincerely sorry that this is what you are experiencing. We take all feedback seriously and we strongly encourage you to schedule some time with someone on the ... More

Things are shaping up around here...

I have been working at Targetbase full-time

Pros

Targetbase has a very laid back friendly culture. Beneath that you will find some very smart people all over the company that do what is best for the clients and Targetbase. We are very respected in the marketplace and regularly compete and win business from companies much larger than us. Compensation and benefits are great. Senior leadership is communicating more and more and is focused on getting things right.

Management realized over a year ago that to be more competitive in the marketplace the structure of the company and its product offerings needed to be reworked and vastly improved. They are very serious and committed to this change and I commend them for sticking to it. We have added and promoted new leaders and are developing some very exciting new products and services. I'm enthusiastic about the direction this company is going; 2014 will end up being an OK year but 2015 is shaping up to be a big one!

Cons

This company is in the middle of a very important transition internally and change is hard (as evidenced by some of the reviews here). Its taking a toll on morale and employee satisfaction. Between now and the end of the year this place will continue to be tough. For those of us committed to Targetbase its a fair price to pay for what lies ahead.

Stay the course, its going to be pay off. Empower your employees to take risks and do great things both for our clients but also internally. There is lots to fix and improve around here and we have the knowledge and talent internally to do it!

Aug 13, 2014Sr. Director

Thank you! We are striving for continuous improvement and we thank you for recognizing that we are taking steps in the right direction.

Very smart people, going through needed management shifts

I have been working at Targetbase full-time

Pros

Targetbase is still a heavy contender in the DR space. Management-wise they are going through some transitions and growth. Fairly open to new ideas.

Cons

Disconnect between some departments creates unnecessary confusion. Sometimes getting the tools needed to do the job is difficult. Usual politicking you see at an agency or any other business for that matter.

Invest in your staff and infrastructure.

Very small minded company

Current Employee - Solutions Architect  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Irving, TX

I have been working at Targetbase full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work from home
    Okay compensation.
    some work life balance

Cons

Very political.
    Not very honest
    Being thrown under the bus a lot.
    Back stabbing.
    Very dishonest and cutthroat.

Stop the throwing under the bus syndrome

Aug 13, 2014Sr. Director

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your input and if there are any specifics you would like to discuss or have any ideas on how we can improve please reach out to your manager or someone in ... More

Worked for Targetbase? Contribute to the Community!