Tarheel Publishing

Add Photos

Jeffrey K. Hayes

Excellent Employer

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Clayton, NC

ProsHighest level of training offered to each hired employee. A new employee with no previous sales experience in the industry can learn to be successful with Tarheel Publishing. You set your own goals, and the monetary rewards are unlimited. Flexible time is rewarded to employees that work hard and want to make money.

ConsNo cons related to the company, but cons of previously hired/terminated individuals that do not apply themselves, ask questions about his or her position, and use the training skills and tools that are offered by the employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the perks won from contests coming!! The incentive to be rewarded for working hard is superior for employees, and often not offered by other companies.

Overworked and Underpaid

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Clayton, NC

ProsIf you like outside sales and travel stays for months at a time away family and a manager who will berate you and call you names, then this is the job for you.

ConsThis is the most unprofessional and mismanaged company I have ever worked for. The manager was verbally abusive to all of his reps. They never pay you the commissions you have made. Most of your time is spent traveling and there is no time for your own personal life. The manager will make you meet him at Sheetz gas station in the morning if your numbers are low and talk down to you and call you names for 2 hrs, and then say "Good Luck Selling Today." The owner is all about the money and has lost a lot of really good reps. Their turnover is extremely high since their attitude is "everyone's replaceable". Don't bother working there- you will spend more money on gas and running around for them and they will not pay you the commission they promise. The office staff is gossipy and unprofessional and will lose your commission sheets. I cant imagine how many former employers are owed back pay they never received. Any good reviews on this company are made by the company themselves. Anyone who is a former employee got out when they found another job. This one was a joke!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've read the reviews and hopefully you take something away from that. I think you should be reported for your horrible treatment of employees.

Also known as Tarheel Publishing and Tarheel Pages, see Tarheel Pages Facebook page.

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Clayton, NC

ProsOnly Pro is the posts that are listed on here to help you avoid the corruption that goes with this company. Employees need to begin filing a report with the Department of Labor and BBB.

ConsThe corruption is from accounting to the promises made to the customers. They are the reason sales people get a bad rap because they promise everything and deliver nothing leaving the business owners helpless because they are in a contract. The businesses need to start sharing their experiences with the BBB.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop taking money from the staff and your customers. You take money for services you don't deliver and you make sure that the employees can't get paid on their accounts sold so that you collect all of the payments. Unbelievable that you can live with your choices to hurt people like this.

Jul 2, 2014

This is not a current employee. Current employees have all been here for a while and have been extremely happy with the opportunity offered to them as stated by their reviews below. The only thing ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't believe the Negativity

ProsFlexibility, Freedom, Positivity, Money. 16 years and growing, small company and no corporate mindset. You get out what you put in!

ConsThe only CONS are having past employees who didn't want to take the time to learn and earn their way. Remember, "UNSUCCESSFUL people never make mistakes"

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the motivation and contests that give everyone a fair shot at monetary rewards for working hard and earning their way

Hard work equals great rewards

ProsYou are your own boss,
    you control your own destiny.

ConsIt's hard work, but what in life isn't.
    Makes the reward so much sweeter

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing us to improve

Do not believe that you will be paid as much money as they imply that you will because you won't get paid the salary

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Clayton, NC

ProsNot one, pro for this company but should you take the position, please return and post your review so that maybe enough will be posted that it will prevent them from taking advantage of others.

ConsLies, and training you to enter the math incorrectly on your paid in full accounts so that you do not earn all of your commission. You will have to chase your commission, especially for any renewal accounts that are a large amount.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorrupt management that calls their ex-employees stupid, their customers dumb, and offers poor service to both employees and customers.

Jul 2, 2014

Similar to the post above, this is not a current employee and there is no good reason why a small business would train you to enter math incorrectly as if effects the whole companies revenues and not ... More

Unprofessional & unethical business practice

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Clayton, NC

ProsThe salary in the first 90 days could be loosely considered a "pro", however I am fairly certain they are flying under the radar of labor laws and I do intend to find out more. The monetary compensation is not enough to cover the morale devaluation that occurs.

ConsUpper management, unreasonable expectations, poor customer service, horrible reputation. Definitely a "bait and switch" type of company. The owner is his own worst enemy and eventually will be the sole reason for the demise of this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell out and find God! Seriously, it will never be any more than it is today unless professional and ethical practices are put in place. Run your company in a manner that you don't have to defend it or LIE about it.

Jul 2, 2014

Ex-employee; this was during a downturn in the company 2 years ago when we mistakenly hired an unethical manager and was consequently fired within his first year. Tarheel Media Solutions did not ... More

Corrupt, dishonest and unprofessional

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Clayton, NC

ProsOnly pro is I've made some good friends (all whom which are looking for employment else where)

ConsWhere to start,
    Terrible, unprofessional upper management. Which consists of two corrupt men. The owner and office manager. They are dishonest about the job and the pay in the interview. "Everyone can be replaced" words I've actually heard from upper management. Will take away gas/cell allowance if they "feel" like it... Which is peanuts to begin with.
    I only rated this company so high because you cant give negative stars.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose your doors or sell company to someone with substance and morale

See response above

Waste of time!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Clayton, NC

ProsMoney. But only if you're trained properly. You're introduced to the company as though you'll be making LOADS of money, but then you find out that your salary is not what was stated.. so there really is no pro.

ConsTerrible management, no training, shady office, sales manager is always in someone's business without helping out those in need, ridiculous hours. Expected, constantly, to be on the road. No time for family. No time for a life.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so blind. You have the highest turn over rate because people are lost, not because they're stupid.

Jul 2, 2014

Previous 3 reviews all came during the same time period. I agree, as a sales rep at the time the manager was unethical and not a good fit and that is why he was fired. He hired and did not train ... More

Not worth the headaches of the inadequate management team

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Clayton, NC

ProsYou can make good money there...but when you start making too much, they will fire you to get your commission dollars

ConsHorrible management, bad communication between management and rep, not morally sound, everyone is "replaceable" according to upper management and owner.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some pride in your company and hire like a real company so the turnover isn't a monthly ordeal. What you put in is what you get out of your reps!

Worked for Tarheel Publishing? Contribute to the Community!