Tarragon

Tarragon Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

William S. Friedman

I Loved working here and would recommend

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee)
Ocoee, FL

I worked at Tarragon full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat place to work and recommend

ConsWish I was still there, but property went condo

Advice to Senior ManagementI miss my job and wish I would have stayed

Grueling

Internal Solutions Architect (Former Employee)

I worked at Tarragon full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPlenty of responsibility. Interesting business model (half new construction and sales, half leasing/revenue). Tight-knit department heads with excellent skill sets. Detail-driven culture that perhaps took SOX compliance a bit far.

ConsUnderstaffed, slow to adapt, negligent towards available metrics, and overall cheap. I put my health on the line in order to meet the programming needs as a 1-man team while the company was in bankruptcy, and it was foolish of me to do so for the compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe least expensive item to get by today is rarely the best investment. With the company having gone bankrupt after bust of the housing market, any other advice else would be frivolous.

started out decent, went downhill

Finance (Former Employee)

I worked at Tarragon full-time for more than 3 years

Prosdecent benefits. We got a bonus every year.

Consheavy workload, nights working till midnight not uncommon. Lack of honesty from execs regarding the future of the company which was bankrupcy and everyone getting laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany is bankrupt so a bit of a moot point. But we would have appreciated honesty from the get go...rare in to day's world I know but still...

A Great Place To Start

Would Rather Not Say (Former Employee)

I worked at Tarragon

ProsI worked in the corporate office (rather than on a property) and really enjoyed my coworkers. We got bonuses every year I was with the company and when the housing market was "hot" I had the opportunity to learn a lot about how we did business and to travel to different offices to implement projects.

ConsSenior management can be too silent on where the company is headed. I don't think that we ever had a clear vision or mission statement in all the years I was there. When the market tanked and money got tight, we heard nothing substantive from senior management despite round after round of layoffs. And yet they spend boatloads of money on consulting service.

Also, there were many times were information was trapped in the silos of individuals who had been with the company forever and it was difficult to get it out of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's time to start over at the top. Take what's left of your fortunes and hand over the reigns to someone else.

Worked for Tarragon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tarragon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tarragon CEO William S. Friedman. All reviews posted anonymously by Tarragon employees.