Tarragon Reviews

William S. Friedman

1. I Loved working here and would recommend

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Ocoee, FL
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Ocoee, FL

I worked at Tarragon full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and recommend

Cons

Wish I was still there, but property went condo

I miss my job and wish I would have stayed

2. Grueling

Former Employee - Internal Solutions Architect in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Internal Solutions Architect in Dallas, TX

I worked at Tarragon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of responsibility. Interesting business model (half new construction and sales, half leasing/revenue). Tight-knit department heads with excellent skill sets. Detail-driven culture that perhaps took SOX compliance a bit far.

Cons

Understaffed, slow to adapt, negligent towards available metrics, and overall cheap. I put my health on the line in order to meet the programming needs as a 1-man team while the company was in bankruptcy, and it was foolish of me to do so for the compensation.

The least expensive item to get by today is rarely the best investment. With the company having gone bankrupt after bust of the housing market, any other advice else would be frivolous.

3. started out decent, went downhill

Former Employee - Finance in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Finance in Dallas, TX

I worked at Tarragon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

decent benefits. We got a bonus every year.

Cons

heavy workload, nights working till midnight not uncommon. Lack of honesty from execs regarding the future of the company which was bankrupcy and everyone getting laid off.

Company is bankrupt so a bit of a moot point. But we would have appreciated honesty from the get go...rare in to day's world I know but still...

5. A Great Place To Start

Former Employee - Would Rather Not Say in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Would Rather Not Say in Dallas, TX

I worked at Tarragon

Pros

I worked in the corporate office (rather than on a property) and really enjoyed my coworkers. We got bonuses every year I was with the company and when the housing market was "hot" I had the opportunity to learn a lot about how we did business and to travel to different offices to implement projects.

Cons

Senior management can be too silent on where the company is headed. I don't think that we ever had a clear vision or mission statement in all the years I was there. When the market tanked and money got tight, we heard nothing substantive from senior management despite round after round of layoffs. And yet they spend boatloads of money on consulting service.

Also, there were many times were information was trapped in the silos of individuals who had been with the company forever and it was difficult to get it out of them.

It's time to start over at the top. Take what's left of your fortunes and hand over the reigns to someone else.