Taskrabbit Reviews

Updated April 14, 2015
11 reviews filtered by
2.7
Leah Busque

1. Old Site Catered to All Users, New Site Limits Users To Those Who Have Smartphones

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Taskrabbit

Pros

-You can choose when to work and at what price (minus the 20% TaskRabbit fee for all tasks)

-A partnership has been recently formed with Amazon.com to provide handyman services

Cons

-Those who cannot afford a smartphone are not able to use the new site.

-It can be difficult to find the right category to post a task under.

Advice to Management

Listen to its

Overall, I like the flexibility and pay wage. But I feel the company needs some improvements.

I have been working at Taskrabbit

Pros

Flexibility
    Pay wages
    good member support on the phone

Cons

They catered more to the clients than the taskers.
    There is not enough work or hours for certain field of tasks
    Twent percent is too much for their service fee, especially, since the taskers do all the work.

Advice to Management

Find a better strategy to market your company to potiential clients. Then I won't get annoyed when you taken twenty percent out of the few little jobs I received that month. Also, get rid of the performance metric, it is bias, unnecessary and not helpful. Beside that, I feel the company can have some real potential to be effective.

Working as a TaskRabbit

I worked at Taskrabbit

Pros

With TaskRabbit there is potential to make a lot of money with very little work. I love being mobile and traveling around the Greater Boston area

Cons

TaskRabbit freezes your account first, and asks questions later. They occasionally put the whims of clients above the well-being of their employees.

You've Come A Long Way, Baby!

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in New York, NY

I have been working at Taskrabbit part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pros of working for TaskRabbit as an independent contractor, er, entrepreneur, include:
    Variety of tasks
    Flexibility throughout the week, and not always doing the exact same thing from day to day to day.
    Somewhat hands-off management from TaskRabbit HQ - no one's breathing down your neck day or micromanaging you.

Cons

Before TaskRabbit blew up its marketplace and started over in July 2014, they had a great thing going with the bidding/quick assign platform. Clients were able to find people quickly, Taskers had more of a say over what work we did, with more flexibility and leeway with bidding and communication, and all was well.
    Now, after the pivot, we have no way to communicate with clients before accepting tasks - which is fine for deliveries, but leads to miscommunication with cleaning and assembly jobs.
    Management is also fast to discipline Taskers, but slow to fix the problems in their system that cause many of their issues. If a client hires me to do a task for him, and he cancels before I accept it, my task acceptance metrics take a hit. If he cancels after I accept the task, my task completion metrics get hit. If your metrics go low enough, your account gets paused, and you get a condescending email about what "professional Taskers" do. Cancellation fee, or other compensation for the missing task, for the Tasker? No chance.
    Tasker Support is fine for random issues that crop up, but they give obtuse non-answers about issues like metrics that make you regret having asked in the first place.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who keep you in business. You've lost a lot of quality people who loved what they did and had sterling reputations on your platform because you either drove them off with your heavy-handed discipline, made it impossible for them to make a living on the new platform, or both.

Had a great thing, they scuttled for greed or to make investors happy?

Former Contractor - TaskRabbit in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - TaskRabbit in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Taskrabbit as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

For the first 6 months it was a great way to use your skills and make great money in a new fun way - getting to meet lots of interesting people with different problems that you could solve. The Staff at HQ was great, friendly, knowledgeable and cared even if a lot was out of their control.

Cons

Initially Taskrabbit was a great platform to work with and for - you could make good to great money and use your skill set to make lots of TaskPosters happy/impressed/solve their needs. As time progressed, changes were made without enough research or without paying attention to the ripple effect, first small changes made it that you couldn't earn as much then the big pivot made it that you became an indentured servant, couldn't earn a fair wage, and the tasks all became limited to a few specific areas - one of the strength of the initial platform is the breadth of needs that could be matched organically with the breadth of skills thanks to a growing TaskRabbit work-force.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers out in the field more than your investors and realize you don't know everything until you are out there doing the work yourselves for 2-3 months.. You had an amazing platform that wasn't perfect but just needed a few tweaks - instead you completely pivoted into something that serves neither Posters nor Taskers well... Posters find it harder, Taskers make less money and become more indentured...

To Bad they decided to do the Pivot. No longer a place to make a real living.

Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at Taskrabbit as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Before the pivot, So many pros. After the pivot not one.

Cons

TR wants to be an employment agency and at the same time call their workers independent contractors. High demands like an employer but they keep saying they are not. Don't follow their crazy rules and out you go until you gravel and make stupid promises. No perks, no safety, and no no no understanding for the workers or backing of them. They want 20% of our earnings but give nothing in return AND we must be a good good customer service representatives

Advice to Management

What management? We speak with drones, people that have been programed to give scripted answers. Support, there is non. This is an app and all they are concerned with is their investors.

Taskrabbit cares nothing for the people who complete the tasks.

Current Contractor - Tasker in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Tasker in New York, NY

I have been working at Taskrabbit as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

A lot of time off.

Cons

Never knowing if there will be work.
    Never knowing what the work will be if it does show up.
    A complete lack of support if anything bad happens.

Advice to Management

You seem to have cut most of your tasker service reps. The few remaining ones you have don't read emails, don't pick up the phone, and don't ever help. Additionally, your unstated but acted upon policy seems to be that it is always the tasker who gets shafted. You are obviously losing taskers and there are no where near as many tasks as their used to be. Perhaps it's time to conduct an honest evaluation of your business practices instead of pushing PR to hide all of your problems.

9. Amazing place to make an impact!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Taskrabbit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- So many interesting problems to work on Client and Tasker side
    - Lots of opportunity to learn and grow in your craft
    - Incredible access to data to inform decisions
    - Everyone is extremely passionate and is awesome at what they do (and very collaborative)
    - Awesome executive team who is very open and transparent
    - Amazing perks and benefits, lots of fun events, TaskRabbit really makes sure that you're happy to be there
    - Very cozy office

Cons

- Can be cliquey sometimes
    - Lots of pressure due to increasing competition

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Just keep checking in to see if people are happy and do what you can to help us all grow and become even better!

The job has done exactly what I wanted the job to do which was get me into physical shape while getting paid.

Current Employee - Part Time TaskRabbit in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time TaskRabbit in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Taskrabbit part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I choose the jobs I want when I want.

Cons

There is very little contact with the employer.

Advice to Management

I would like to get paid in a more timely manner after completing a task.

11. Great Job to Fit Life Style.

Current Contractor - Contractor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Taskrabbit as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work whenever you want, and good customer support.

Cons

No customer support on Sunday.

Advice to Management

None