Tata Consultancy Services

Tata Consultancy Services CEO & Managing Director Natarajan Chandrasekaran

Natarajan Chandrasekaran

(3,398 ratings)

7,165 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great work life balance but to one needs patience to move ahead with carrer in TCS"
    in 729 reviews
  • "Good work culture, not too much stress in work, no working hours pressure"
    in 404 reviews
Cons:
  • "Small con is salary but compare with additonal work life balance it balances"
    in 169 reviews
  • "Very less salary at onsite/offshore compare to other companies"
    in 162 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Really enjoy working for TCS

Functional Analyst (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsTreat employees with respect, lots of opportunity, bonuses paid to all employees, easily transfer to new careers within the company, huge company with plenty of new positions always available on a global basis
    Own multiple companies (i.e; Jaguar etc.) so they are not a fly by night

ConsYou may get a bumpy start with the hiring process i.e. it could be a group interview, a fly by night interview or an intense interview and it could leave you totally in doubt. My interview was less than 5 minutes and I was told they would be in touch if I qualified, but it was a group hotel type of event so I didn't think they were legit. In addition, I was recruited from the web from a different company, entirely. I ended up getting the best position I've had in years, received a bonus already and have been treated very respectfully by this company.

Salaries typically start off lower, but bonuses do pay out and you will get regular increases to get back to speed with the rest of the companies for similar positions

You could get teamed with inexperienced workers on a project, but they usually catch up and learn code very fast

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more American's in America! ;)

Great work place

ProsBeing No.1 service provider in India, organization itself provides Lot of opportunities across multiple streams. Fun at work, international work culture, good pay, on-site assignments, nice leave policy, what not every thing a software engg. desire for

ConsNo option of work from home. No laptops to associates. Appraisal process. Leadership is not so impressive and motivational. Large resource pool sometimes results in wrong pick.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould conduct more Training sessions across multiple domains.

Associate Lead

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work, less office politics ample amount of growth opportunties

ConsFinding a role in US is challenging

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't work here if you have any other optiobs

Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsThey will pay you on time and provide medical eventually

ConsThey pay much below stand. They will not process medical benefits until months after you start. Pocketing the pay deduction. They fully expect to have high turnover replacing you when they've got what they can. Huge amount of favoritism based on ethnic or religious background.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to learn management skills go elsewhere. They hire cheap and focus on people with little management skills luring them with the chance of gaining these skills.

TCS review

Senior Informatica Developer (Current Employee)
    Hopkins, MN

ProsGood company and secured to work

Consneed more recognition for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing good but nerd more granular level validations

Company feedback

Prosgood company, employee friendly, great scope

Conspoor project level management, not leaving up to the level on TATA as a parent group

Great company to work as a fresher and Office politics are a key after 4 years of exp.

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Alpharetta, GA

Prostraining, exposure, onsite opportunities and flexible timings

ConsOffice politics play a key rather than employee's aspirations

Advice to Senior ManagementTechnical roles can be increased and keep people motivated. Not everyone aspires for a sales job.

Working with TCS - Nice Stability Slow growth

IT Analyst (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThis company offers vast domains to work in, it has operations in almost all the countries of the world including all the domains an IT can think of. With over 350,000 employees it gives immense opportunity to learn people management. This company really provides a very high job safety and stability even during the time of recession of 2008-09.

ConsThe growth is slow, even the process for salary hike is unsatisfactory to many. Resource might be doing good but the voice will not be heard till highest level. The company doesn't differentiate between valuable resource and invaluable resource which is good at one side and bad at other side. This also leads to non-competitiveness among resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management to desperately look into the appraisal process which actually starts with fair practice but at the end becomes the mercy/attitude of supervisor. Also the management should look more deeply in compensation and benefits side providing fair share every year. It should also look for high attrition rate.

Systems Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros1. Job Security
    2. Offer a great flexibility especially if you want to relocate due to family obligations.

Cons1. Career growth is really slow unless you find a mentor to pull you out of the ocean of 250k employees.
    2. Poor Compensation as compared to its peer companies.
    3. Poor infrastructure in some Indian offices. People are literally seen fighting over telephone sets in the evening right before their onsite calls. 4 people sharing 1 telephone, that's really sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transaparent with the employees at lower level

Excellent team to work with

Technical Analyst (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsOpen communication channels across the organization, except when it needs escalation

ConsAge old HR practices in the organization as age catches up with the team managers higher up

Advice to Senior ManagementHire younger folks in lateral cases to boost the overall view of the industry at the workplace

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tata Consultancy Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tata Consultancy Services CEO Natarajan Chandrasekaran. All 7,165 reviews posted anonymously by Tata Consultancy Services employees.