Tata Consultancy Services

Tata Consultancy Services Reviews in Mumbai India

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Tata Consultancy Services CEO & Managing Director Natarajan Chandrasekaran

Natarajan Chandrasekaran

Pros
  • Great work life balance but to one needs patience to move ahead with carrer in TCS (in 792 reviews)

• Good work culture, not too much stress in work, no working hours pressure (in 430 reviews)

Cons
  • Small con is salary but compare with additonal work life balance it balances (in 184 reviews)

• Very less salary at onsite/offshore compare to other companies (in 172 reviews)

More Highlights
994 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company to work for if you don't care about handsome salary and/or technical growth

IT Analyst (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

Pros-Better onsite opportunities
    -Rarely any deductions from variable pay
    -One month notice period
    -Manual time sheet entry
    -Employee friendly
    -Lot of HR activities
    -Consistent growth of the organization

Cons-Poor technical growth
    -Employee's work assignments are not sincerely aligned with their career aspirations
    -Non-availability of work-from-home facility
    -Salaries are low as compared to that paid by captives/product-based companies but at par with that paid by typical service-based companies
    -Location transfer for men is little difficult here

Good to start with, hard to stick with after 2 years, and appealing to get back in after 7-9 years

Assistant Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

Prosexcellent growth and opportunity to learn many things as a fresher, also a lot can be learnt from the fellow seniors, all of whom working at the same level.

Conslow increments after certain stage, does not value or appreciate the work

Advice to Senior Managementto HR policy makers - don't let the talents leave the company whom the company has taught so much of professionalism and work ethics, only just because the policies doesn't offer a good value for work package.

Currently i am working in TCS

Team Leader In Operation (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsITs one of the best company in IT services

ConsAs i am in assessment we are working more then our working hours but paid salary less

Advice to Senior ManagementThe process in assessment field should be well maintained by management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TCS BPO - Mind numbing work pressure - for the few good men.

Senior Process Associate (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGood for entry level Finance passouts. Can learn the typical Backoffice culture
    You feel good that your working in a Tata Company.
    Good medical benefits. 2.5 % discount on all Tata products.
    Fair system of skip levels. You can directly talk to HR on anything. We once complained about our onsite client and our issue was addressed.

ConsToo much of workpressure on very few who actually work. Rest others can just do their bit and leave.
    Too crowded, hence the upstream value addition training's and meaty postings cant percolate more.
    Salary/perks/bonuses.....Hahaha!

Experience Good...

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Thāne (India)

ProsMost of the things have gone right for me in this company.Work environment is great and you will get all the standard facilities of a top company.Work pressure depends on the type of project you get.Internal Indian projects are a hell to work with , since the pressure is too high. All the facilities provided by the company is OK.Lots of onsite opportunities. TATA work ethics and values are the best.

ConsPay is a major issue.Appraisal process is a mess , people are given lesser bands if they ask for project release.Software development processes are not in place for small internal Indian projects.personal growth is too slow unless you get an onsite opportunity (Which is all LUCK!!).In some projects managers ask you to cut down your travel allowances. Working on Saturday Sundays are a norm in some projects.I have worked under 3 different managers , some of them have been pathetic and some have been real awesome.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay is the only issue which forces people to leave this company.Appraisal process should be more clear and transparent.I see that compensation is decreasing with increasing profits of the company. TCS has a rotation policies for releasing individuals from projects but this is never implemented here.People ask for release but they are never relieved and ultimately they resign.Request management to track such pathetic incidents.

Great Domain Diversity, Organization

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsEmphasis on trainings is there.
    Work-life balance is generally good in most projects
    However, work situations vary from 1 project to another

ConsEmployee value in very large organizations like TCS is low.
    The compensation is not among the higher ones in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions, appraisals can be made more objective. So that bias does not play as much of a role. Also level of experience should not play a role, but the relative work should

7 Years of Experience

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGet to work on different projects, learn all about IT services business practices

ConsNo growth, Its just a job no defined career paths, appraisals 100% dependent on manager's will

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it more flexible for female employees , provide WFH facilities, compensation should be as per industry, 360 degree appraisals systems, incentive based additional responsibilities

It is quite good. Depends on which project you are working.

Assistant Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsFacility provided to employee,job security.

ConsGrowths depends on luck .

Advice to Senior Managementthey should communicate to all the project members weekly.

Very good in the initial years, healthy atmosphere, good opportunities, but has turned into a Haven for non-performers

Project Manager (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

Pros1. If you show your will and capability you will have loads of opportunities to excel till around 8 years of total T exp.
    2. Good work environment, good mix of different cultures

Cons1. Unconditional loyalty is given utmost importance than Capability and Talent by the leadership team. Several departments have turned into a family business wherein only loyal members of the family are given lead positions.
    2. No well defined Roles or positions. Most of the associate centric career development programs are just a formality.
    3. Highly unprofessional & unconcerned new associates in HR, Recruitment, Learning & Development, Finance and other support groups - full of government style arrogance.
    4. Stooping down lower and lower by recruiting anyone and everyone. Will soon experience something similar to the US Sub-Prime Crisis.

Advice to Senior ManagementKindly introspect on where we are going, just playing the volume and number game. Please also look at talent and capability rather than just cost cutting. All in all please keep in mind the long term benefits and look at why the quality of an average "TCSer" has stooped down to such a low level.

good

ASE Trainee (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGood amount of exposure through peers

ConsLack of billable projects in various departments

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce hiring. Replace quantity with quality

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!