Tata Consultancy Services

3.3 7,345 reviews

Tata Consultancy Services CEO & Managing Director Natarajan Chandrasekaran

Natarajan Chandrasekaran

(3,501 ratings)

Pros
  • Great work life balance but to one needs patience to move ahead with carrer in TCS (in 792 reviews)

• Good work culture, not too much stress in work, no working hours pressure (in 430 reviews)

Cons
  • Small con is salary but compare with additonal work life balance it balances (in 184 reviews)

• Very less salary at onsite/offshore compare to other companies (in 172 reviews)

More Highlights
7,345 Employee Reviews

I do not recommend this company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsBig well known company but nothing else to say as pro

ConsVery little work life balance, benefits below market, and little diversity in the company

Cheaters

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsNo need to work. Have tea, cigs and go home.

ConsNo transparency in appraisal process, regionalism in the core of the company. Locals are promotes even if they don't know what is the work, salary structure very poor. No salary growth, frustrating working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up. Don't make fool of people.

Bad place for learning

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Pros- Getting paid for doing nothing

Cons- Learn nothing.
    - Slow processing. It took them two weeks just to install a simple software on computer.
    - Low quality computer.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

very bad

NOC Operations At GG4 (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Prosname of company , free certifications, best job environment like offices, gym etc.

Conshr is very bad , nobody will listen to you , its like u dont exist , very less salary , and specially A band belongs to senior employees irrespective of your work

Advice to Senior Managementplease instead of creating portals to get into touch with your employees, conduct a monthly review of your company where employees can speak freely , and whenever they do , please listen to it , because obviously a person is in an uncomfortable situation , only then he will contact senior authority , but you would see only your ways of making profit and want to maintain your authority. ANd please create an environment for ppl who visit you in office , please dont make them stand outside the main gates of offices in scorching heats... yes your family or your friend is not even allowed to enter main gates of office where TCS acquires the whole buildings

Don't work here if you have any other optiobs

Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThey will pay you on time and provide medical eventually

ConsThey pay much below stand. They will not process medical benefits until months after you start. Pocketing the pay deduction. They fully expect to have high turnover replacing you when they've got what they can. Huge amount of favoritism based on ethnic or religious background.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to learn management skills go elsewhere. They hire cheap and focus on people with little management skills luring them with the chance of gaining these skills.

Opportunities are Good but TOO Much of Nepotism and NO Rewards/Growth for Performers

Delivery Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) Lucknow (India)

ProsGlobal Organization Exposure. Good Learning curve if lucky

ConsNepotism towards Origin /Region, NO Employee Empowerment, Biased HR on Grievances/appraisals, UNFIT/Inefficient Middle leadership to Manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize and empower middle management. Clean the Nepotism at every level to sustain the value. It looks like a corrupted government

No Space for Technical People

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Proseasy life if on bench

ConsPolitics too much ,
    promotions are very hard to find
    onisite oportunities depends on luck not your work
    managers are very non technical are are very less competant

Advice to Senior Managementcannot be done .. its too late now

Un ethical behavior with the new joining ILP trainee

ILP Trainee (Current Employee) Ahmedabad (India)

ProsJob security,work environment and trusted company

ConsLess opportunity of faster growth and facing global competition

Advice to Senior ManagementYour recruitment and ILP policies should be clearly mention in the joining letter. Recently you have introduce ASPIRE test series prior to ILP . The impact of the ESPIRE test scoring was not clearly stated in the joining letter. Many new joiner have not gone through the ASPIRE prior to joining ILP. Recently you are rescheduling the ILP for the candidate who have gone through a similar test within a weeks time of ILP joining comparing the score of the present and previous. Now the ethical role of the company is questionable in the following facts. 1. No where it was disclosed any of communication mode to the new joiner. 2. No examination can be compare one to one taken in different mode. 3. Discrimination between the ASPIRE complied candidate and the Non aspire complied candidate before joining ILP. Senior managements decision needs to be attracted towards this claiming the high ethical value of the Tata Group.

Looks Better from Outer world

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbrand and perception of indian people towards tata brand

ConsCareer not in own hands and unlimited biased culture

Advice to Senior Managementnever think management works for the own people

Living Hell - Worst company for freshers

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsThere is NO Pros. Best thing you can do (if you are B.tech and want to go for higher studies) is join this company and prepare for exams side by side. When you get through some college leave this company. As a fresher you are most likely to be on bench for 3-4 months.

ConsWorst work culture I experienced in TCS Hyderabad.
    1). You won't be given the work you want. If you are good in java they will throw you in .net. If you are developer you are most likely to be in maintenance or testing.
    2). People working in TCS don't even know how to communicate in English. If you are coming to Hyderabad get ready to listen Telugu even in team meetings.
    3). I was asked to learn Telugu (why should i learn Telugu, why can't you people communicate in English). And moreover my PM told me that freshers in Hyderabad stay for 14-15 hours a day in office and i should also follow that and i told him sorry sir i have a life.
    3). About people working in projects either you won't be given any sort of work or you will be over-burdened. I have seen people staying 12-14 hours per day plus working on sat-sun.
    4). Being a MCA and excellent in coding if you are asked to do non-fruitful documentation work, you know its time to say goodbye.

Advice to Senior Management1). Stop treating freshers as they are some non-knowledgeable person who are here to do non-fruitful work . Give them work, let them prove their worth.
    2). If the company is paying a person for 9 hours, don't ask them to stay for 12-15 hours. And yes if you want employee to work on weekends, we would like to see you also coming then.

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!