Tata Motors

Tata Motors Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Tata Motors Managing Director Karl Slym

Karl Slym

Pros
  • Excellent career development opportunities, Healthy work/life balance (in 19 reviews)

• taking care of employee, having good work culture,good salary, canteen facility nice (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work culture not like a multi-national company (in 17 reviews)

• improper work life balance, middle n senior management give least back end support (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Poor quality of work

Assistant Manager-Quality Assurance (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsRespected and well known brand
    Decent money

ConsPoor quality of work-Lots of unnecessary paperwork
    A large no. of people in the middle management are incompetent of making firm decisions
    Blind following culture- Little attention is paid to customization while copying the best industry practices. The question as to "why we are doing something" is never asked.
    Not enough scope and encouragement for real innovation and creativity.
    Huge Labour Union issue

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not hire overqualified engineering grads for unworthy paperwork. Alternatively, provide intellectually stimulating work to the employees instead of forcing them to generate gigabytes of data which is of no real use.

Great exposure and awesome career rotations

Area Manager (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsAs a Management Trainee I had global exposure and the chance to bring massive changes to processes and systems which affect the entire company's outlook to customers. I work in the International Business division and I was given opportunity to work on projects of my choice and had the freedom to walk into any of the senior management members' offices. I feel that the culture in the company depends a lot on the office you work in, because I've had friends complaining of the bureaucratic offices in other locations.

ConsToo much variation in the work culture across various functions. Some locations offer an amazing work-life balance, while in other locations the senior management makes juniors suffer and make them jump through multiple hoops before they get a bit of freedom in their work. The culture of the company is still like some PSU's of yesteryear's and the management is trying real hard to change it, but the change is not reflected in all locations. People and departments still work in individual silos and hardly share any information.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak the silos, improve the work-life balance for making youngsters stay in the company and please stop having a appraisal system which leaves all decisions to the boss.

design engineer advisor at tata motors

Prosgood environment and good development

Consvery competetive market and work load

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PSU

Manager (Current Employee)

Proswork life balance - infact no work and lot of personal life. if u r lucky and have good contacts, this is the organisation to be in as there can be no one stoppin u.

Consno accountability, appraisal strictly depends on ur relationship with boss.
    full of red tape, cannot tolerate new ideas, too many levels and senior leaders who with no vision and who do absolutely nothing. Absolute unwillingness to change

Advice to Senior Managementlot of introspection needed.. they need to understand how people are managed

Great employee centric organisation

Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsEmployee centric and promotes entrepreneurial culture

ConsStability in strategy and long term planning

Advice to Senior ManagementWith a great team around, it just needs the right and stable long term planning

Good Company

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood Company to work, employee oriented.

ConsWork Culture, Management Knowledge and information weak.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore Focus

hectic but worth the wisdom

Prosdifficult work but knowledgeable

Consnot that i can pick

good

Prosgood working culture and exposure

Consnothing as such . everything was flawless

Good COmpany

Summer Internship (Former Employee) Thāne (India)

ProsGood seniors, Good opportunity for freshers, Lots to learn, good facilities of pick and drop

ConsStrict depends on your boss. Some times its lenient but not always.

Employee Friendly

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsWork Life Balance, Ethical & Value based work culture, Long term Job Security, Supportive senior management, Huge number of growth opportunities

ConsSlow growth, Low visibility, too big hierachary, not a good pay master,

Worked for Tata Motors? Contribute to the Community!