Taulia
www.taulia.com San Francisco, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Taulia Reviews

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Bertram Meyer

A fun and growing company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are great. It is nice to work with a growing and passionate group of people who are interested in the product. Very international too which keeps things interesting and exciting.

ConsNothing specific that doesn't affect every company. The work life balance is good and the locations is great. Might not have the same perks as more established companies.

Taulia …the good, the bad, and the ugly

(Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsBrilliant and motivated young people who work hard and care about their jobs. The Product and Engineering teams are particularly well run—with great leadership—and those teams are very tight/close. Taulia has awesome health benefits, commuter cards, catered lunches, weekly happy hours, a game room, a wet bar, go-carts and all the top-tier startup benefits one would expect. Staff work hard together and play hard together—most are sincerely good friends with each other also. If you’re a young engineer there might not be a better place to work in the City. Taulia has an innovative product that is constantly evolving and will be extremely successful.

ConsSenior/C-Level staff are super-smart and passionate, but, they’re also sophomoric, impulsive and foster a frat boy like environment within the company. For example, it’s encouraged to ask potential job candidates the dirtiest joke they know during interviews.

You probably won’t be successful, or C-level management, if you don't fall within the current paradigm of male, under 40, straight and white. If you’re over 35 your resume will definitely get passed over by the current marketing leader. The company has a core value of diversity, but is predominately young, white males. Taulia’s real diversity comes from the many European countries the staff comes from.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify your staff and provide an HR department where staff can speak privately and openly about work environment issues. Provide sensitivity training to your managers to foster a more diverse and inclusive workplace.

Upper leadership and vision is good, extremely unorganized company, poor communication and overworked employees!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to work with many brilliant people.

ConsThis company has hired too many brilliant people who are now doing menial tasks. The company is extremely unorganized in their task and project delegation. Although the ideas at Taulia are conceptually great, they are turning out to be just another start-up with extremely overworked and under appreciated employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire lower quality employees. You hire above grade and you don't have enough work to keep the smartest ones intrigued or busy with anything meaningful.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work and Learn in a Great Atmosphere

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsAt Taulia I am working with plenty of smart people and get in touch with new web technologies every day. I am learning a lot from my colleagues and get things done while having an excellent work-life-fun balance.

You'll love the pro but laid-back attitude of your colleagues and management. Truly great team spirit and smart and reasonable founders / senior management that you can talk with openly without fear of repression.

Even though the office is a fantastic SF Location engineers can work from home certain days of the week if preferred. It's great. We do SCRUM so you can plan your work-load in advance and have a say in what you can realistically handle in the upcoming weeks.

ConsCan't come up with many... seriously. Thought long about it and the only con worth mentioning is that we're catering to few big companies that you might not like ideologically (check customers on Taulia website).

Advice to Senior ManagementStay as you are!

A place for growth

Pros- The people: Everyone I work with is passionate, smart, and capable. They are the type of people I would not only choose to work with, but also the type of people I want to hangout with.

- Opportunities for growth: I feel like I am constantly learning new things, and I love it. I am grateful to work at a company that encourages and enables personal and professional growth.

- Flexibility & understanding: We are a small company with big dreams, meaning we have a lot of ground to cover. But despite this, I feel like Taulia understands that I have a life outside of work, which equates to great work-life balance.

- Culture: We work hard and play hard. The environment is playful, but we "do work." I wouldn't ask for it any other way.

- The leadership: I feel like the leadership not only wants the best for the company, but also genuinely wants to best for me. I honestly did not expect to find this so abundantly in a workplace.

ConsHonestly, none that I can think of...maybe we could add a pool table to our already existing ping pong table, pacman machine, etc... haha

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring good people!

I feel lucky to be a part of something so great

Pros- Awesome leadership that acknowledges and nurtures hard working and talented employees
    - Great company with a product that really is making an impact
    - Great culture and family atmosphere. FUN is highly encouraged, I might even sat it is required :)
    - Great resources and benefits available for all employees
    - I learn something new every day
    - I have referred tons of friends and former colleagues here which I would not do if I didn't believe in the company and the great opportunity it offers. I recently wrote the following when I posted available jobs to my social group: "My company is hiring! BIG TIME!!! There are 5 open sales executive positions, several in marketing, tons in engineering, product, and many, many more.

What can I say about the company: It is by far the best place I have ever worked! It's not often that someone can honestly say "I LOVE my job, the company, and all of my colleagues!", but I find myself saying that just about every time someone asks me what I do. Come be a rockstar at Taulia!!"

Overall the best professional experience I have had to date.

Cons- There is a lot to be done and this can be overwhelming to some.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue being awesome!

Taulia is Amazing!

Prosgreat support from the management, friendly co-workers, new office in SOMA, free lunch on Tuesday & Thursday

ConsI can't think of any!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing an amazing job!

This place rules!

SAP Consultant (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsI am inspired to write this as a reaction to the bad review that was posted recently. Literally just got out of a company meeting where our CEO very diplomatically mentioned it and we were encouraged to check it out. I mean, could you be more transparent as a management team?!?

I cannot say enough good things about Taulia. I am constantly recruiting my friends and former colleagues any time there is a position where they would fit, one landed a job and she loves it too!

Just an abbreviated list of the awesomeness that is Taulia:
    -Amazing, talented, fun people
    -So many growth opportunities, both for the company and individuals within it
    -Interesting & innovative product
    -Awesome parties for no apparent reason! (Fully catered w/booze and spouses are invited)
    -Plenty of interesting ways to get involved and engaged
    -Culture of honesty and open communication that is truly honored by ALMOST everyone
    -Super high standards for quality and efficiency keeps us always striving to improve
    -Go-carts, X-Box, game room, free food all the time, etc.
    -Great location in bright office with views of the Bay
    -Approachable and hard-working management team...seriously they're inspirational!
    -Strong presence of extracurriculars. For example, we have a team in a soccer league, starting a softball team and there's even an acapella group!

...so many more things, it's a task to narrow them down.

ConsCompartmentalized team structure and seating arrangement means we don't get many opportunities to work with our colleagues in other departments. Gotta be sure to take periodic walks around the office

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring good people!

Not a best place to work

ProsOffice in nice location
    I would advise this to someone who is not serious about their work, career

ConsThey have very good marketing skills because the job description on their careers website and the work you do onsite don't really match. They are very good at misleading people. They hire good qualified people and make them do useless work which you can't even put on them on your resume. The job title, job description don't match at all with the tasks assigned. So this company is not advisable for some one who is serious about their career.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't waste other's time.

Nice place to work, good people and great atmosphere

Consultant (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat experience, passionate and amazing product team. The idea is outstanding and the go-to-market seems to be inline with the growth expectations.

ConsNeeds to grow, maintain focus and redefine a few product features as the market is demanding some sort of new ideas and processes are not in line with the market. Global market is still to far.

Worked for Taulia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Taulia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Taulia CEO Bertram Meyer . All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Taulia employees.