Taulia Reviews

Bertram Meyer

1. Great company, great product, great team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Taulia full-time

Pros

Taulia has a very dedicated and driven team. They know their trade and are not afraid to get their hands dirty. The best thing really is the camaraderie - in good and bad times the team works closely together to deliver on their commitments. Community and collaboration is a big part of the team.
    The monetary compensation is fair compared to the market - but you don't work here just for the money. You work here to have a position in a really strong, low-ego team that pulls in the same direction to achieve great things. If you are looking for a 9-5 job that pays well and doesn't require you to step up your game and get better at what you are doing then this is the wrong place.
    The team strives for customer satisfaction, business-case delivery and building a great company. Not just for "a job".
    The new office locations outside of SF (Park City, Utah; Austin, TX; London, UK; Sofia, Bulgaria) are really tied into the overall community and there is no 2nd-class citizen at Taulia ever - from the intern up to the C-level team everybody is treated well and people value everybody's work. I could not have joined a better team at a better time.

Cons

Hiring the competitive markets that Taulia is in there are sometimes people joining for the wrong reasons. They leave relatively soon - but Taulia could be even better by making sure the wrong people don't stick around for the wrong reasons. It is hard to sustain this really fast growth and only hire great people - but Taulia could be even better at parting ways from the ones who are not a great fit. This is only a small piece though - the culture is great and people are great. But if I had to choose, this would be an improvement.

We grew to from 50 - 160 people in a really short time - continue paying attention to good systems that support this growth. Don't be afraid to change approaches radically if the new environment with more people and larger size requirers it. Also - keep an eye on the culture (as you are doing!) and sort out the bad pieces quickly.

2. Exciting place where you can get things done!

Current Employee - European Marketing Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - European Marketing Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Taulia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've only been at Taulia for a short amount of time so this review is necessarily limited. However, the reasons that I joined are extremely clear to me and I've not been disappointed by the reality in any way so far. I wanted an interesting and challenging role where I can work in a fast paced environment with people who are motivated to succeed and want to work together to achieve this.

This is a company with a real vision which isn't just about how much money they are aiming to make for the investors, but rather how they want to make their customers lives better (achieve this and the money will follow anyway). For me I like the idea of buying into that vision and it makes it clear where we're going and how I fit in. It's also a company that has a very laid back style, focusing on results and working together rather than lots of formality. The plus side of this is that you are very much in charge of your own destiny here. The downside is that I suspect that if you're a person that needs to be given lots of direction, it isn't going to suit you.

There are also a couple of key attributes which I really like. Firstly, Taulia has an extensive and very open communication style and it uses as many tools as possible to make this easy. Secondly, I find the senior management both easy to approach and to engage in dialogue. This is definitely not a one way command and control culture. In a young company that is growing fast both of these attributes are critical for our future success.

Lastly, there's a comment that we're over hiring. I deliberately took a marketing job here a couple of levels down from where I could have been employed. That means I willingly and knowing do everything from strategy setting through to putting up a booth. It's an active choice I took and I took it because I want to be part of the Taulia experience and so far it's more than worth it!

Cons

I have to go and get my own coffee! (but there is free fruit and drinks)

Keep communicating a very clear vision, continue empowering people to do their jobs, don't be tempted to slip into command and control because you think you know better (we're all here to learn as well) and keep trying to make the ride fun!

This place rules!

Current Employee - SAP Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - SAP Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Taulia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I am inspired to write this as a reaction to the bad review that was posted recently. Literally just got out of a company meeting where our CEO very diplomatically mentioned it and we were encouraged to check it out. I mean, could you be more transparent as a management team?!?

I cannot say enough good things about Taulia. I am constantly recruiting my friends and former colleagues any time there is a position where they would fit, one landed a job and she loves it too!

Just an abbreviated list of the awesomeness that is Taulia:
    -Amazing, talented, fun people
    -So many growth opportunities, both for the company and individuals within it
    -Interesting & innovative product
    -Awesome parties for no apparent reason! (Fully catered w/booze and spouses are invited)
    -Plenty of interesting ways to get involved and engaged
    -Culture of honesty and open communication that is truly honored by ALMOST everyone
    -Super high standards for quality and efficiency keeps us always striving to improve
    -Go-carts, X-Box, game room, free food all the time, etc.
    -Great location in bright office with views of the Bay
    -Approachable and hard-working management team...seriously they're inspirational!
    -Strong presence of extracurriculars. For example, we have a team in a soccer league, starting a softball team and there's even an acapella group!

...so many more things, it's a task to narrow them down.

Cons

Compartmentalized team structure and seating arrangement means we don't get many opportunities to work with our colleagues in other departments. Gotta be sure to take periodic walks around the office

Keep hiring good people!

Work and Learn in a Great Atmosphere

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Taulia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

At Taulia I am working with plenty of smart people and get in touch with new web technologies every day. I am learning a lot from my colleagues and get things done while having an excellent work-life-fun balance.

You'll love the pro but laid-back attitude of your colleagues and management. Truly great team spirit and smart and reasonable founders / senior management that you can talk with openly without fear of repression.

Even though the office is a fantastic SF Location engineers can work from home certain days of the week if preferred. It's great. We do SCRUM so you can plan your work-load in advance and have a say in what you can realistically handle in the upcoming weeks.

Cons

Can't come up with many... seriously. Thought long about it and the only con worth mentioning is that we're catering to few big companies that you might not like ideologically (check customers on Taulia website).

Stay as you are!

Taulia is Amazing!

I have been working at Taulia

Pros

great support from the management, friendly co-workers, new office in SOMA, free lunch on Tuesday & Thursday

Cons

I can't think of any!

You are doing an amazing job!

I feel lucky to be a part of something so great

I have been working at Taulia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Awesome leadership that acknowledges and nurtures hard working and talented employees
    - Great company with a product that really is making an impact
    - Great culture and family atmosphere. FUN is highly encouraged, I might even sat it is required :)
    - Great resources and benefits available for all employees
    - I learn something new every day
    - I have referred tons of friends and former colleagues here which I would not do if I didn't believe in the company and the great opportunity it offers. I recently wrote the following when I posted available jobs to my social group: "My company is hiring! BIG TIME!!! There are 5 open sales executive positions, several in marketing, tons in engineering, product, and many, many more.

What can I say about the company: It is by far the best place I have ever worked! It's not often that someone can honestly say "I LOVE my job, the company, and all of my colleagues!", but I find myself saying that just about every time someone asks me what I do. Come be a rockstar at Taulia!!"

Overall the best professional experience I have had to date.

Cons

- There is a lot to be done and this can be overwhelming to some.

Continue being awesome!

A place for growth

I have been working at Taulia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- The people: Everyone I work with is passionate, smart, and capable. They are the type of people I would not only choose to work with, but also the type of people I want to hangout with.

- Opportunities for growth: I feel like I am constantly learning new things, and I love it. I am grateful to work at a company that encourages and enables personal and professional growth.

- Flexibility & understanding: We are a small company with big dreams, meaning we have a lot of ground to cover. But despite this, I feel like Taulia understands that I have a life outside of work, which equates to great work-life balance.

- Culture: We work hard and play hard. The environment is playful, but we "do work." I wouldn't ask for it any other way.

- The leadership: I feel like the leadership not only wants the best for the company, but also genuinely wants to best for me. I honestly did not expect to find this so abundantly in a workplace.

Cons

Honestly, none that I can think of...maybe we could add a pool table to our already existing ping pong table, pacman machine, etc... haha

Keep hiring good people!

Small Company Engagement with Big Company Production

Current Employee - Supplier Outreach in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Supplier Outreach in Park City, UT

I have been working at Taulia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Taulia knows how to treat employees well. Everyone is able to help you with a project and provide their expertise. Outside of work, their is a community of friendship maintained and they make a point to nurture those relationships.

If you have an idea that you want implemented, the people in charge want to know what you have to say and give you the freedom to see it come into reality. Everyone works hard to make improvements happen and happen fast.

You are given the responsibility to get your job down without having to be micromanaged. When a project is completed, you feel responsible for its success and credit/appreciation is given where due.

Cons

Most everyone at Taulia is an A-game player. Everyone works hard and is capable to find a solution to almost any problem. You don't have to expect crazy hours, but expect to work hard at your job. If you are one of those people that like to show up, do the bare minimum, and go home, you probably won't fit in and won't like working for Taulia.

Taulia is on the cuspe of becoming a large and very successful company. Ending the year of 2012, it will start to move out of the small company startup feel and into the big company structure. During this transition, don't lose the small company feel and focus on emphasizing the worth of every employee.

Love being a part of a start up company

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Park City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Park City, UT

I have been working at Taulia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I prefer a small start up company where I can contribute to the team in many different ways. Taulia offers me that opportunity and it's very rewarding to see the results of my labor make the company better. Our professional services team is only made up of "A" players so you can rely in each person to do their job well and also be available to you if you need any help.

Cons

It's been difficult to find SAP experts to work on our team. This means that the rest of us have to come up to speed on SAP which takes some time. Taulia has been great at getting us SAP training to help in that process.

Keep finding great people to join our team. In the end, it's the people who make the company!

Successful, Strong Product Focus, Work Hard & Play Hard, international network

I have been working at Taulia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

(1) Very strong product and engineering team: foundation of the company and it shows, product development is a serious and fun process. General enthusiasm about helping clients

(2) Visionary and Domain Experts: this is a team that knows its stuff; the cofounders all worked together and sold a company that is in adjacent market. This experience and more importantly understanding, means that clients and customers like the knowledge they bring to the table.
    Overall, the executive team is more technically sound than most of I have seen in my experience. The nice thing is that you have a team that really understands how their product fits into clients IT ecosystem which is huge.

(3) Traction and Real Customers: there really is not hype here, its tough to start a enterprise software company and build one with real customers. Taulia has broken through that and really now taking off. The hardest thing to do is landing a blue chip customer with no references, but today with names like Coca Cola, John Deere, Pepco, PG&E, Pfizer, Warner Brothers and others - there are more customers calling in; makes the overall sentiment for the team better.

(4) Great Investors: Matrix, DAG, and Trinity are all top-tier funds. Matrix - initial investor in Apple, Quora, Zong (acquired by PayPal),

(5) Great well rounded group
    -There is a great mix of backgrounds and countries represented. Great mix of international team members. Very rare to find this in the Bay Area, if you are looking for a great startup experience that values time off and travel this is a great option.

Overall, if you are looking for a well funded, international team, that has real customers (with investors fighting to get in and fund the company), and visionary founders this is the place for you.

Cons

(1) Hardwork - this is a startup and there is a lot to do
    (2) No place to hide - no layers here, you interact with everyone and its very clear if you are not pulling your weight
    (3) Open and honest environment - people here are upfront and direct, sometimes thats to much to handle
    (4) Start-up fast paced - there is a sense of urgency, products move fast, sales team move fast; there is not waiting around for things
    (5) Leverage technology tools: this company is huge in using technology to make things happen faster - from email, to social media (yammer), to communicate with people all over the world (skype) and using collaborative tools - you need to be comfortable using different technologies to make your life easier and get more work done

(1) Staying focused on hiring the best and brightest
    (2) Develop a formal mentoring and development program to cultivate talent
    (3) Keep startup-feel and not take things seriously
    (4) Stay discipline - in everything from hiring, results, things to focus on; the biggest distraction at this stage for a company is to get lazy, hire freely, make the hard decisions, its all a part of the process -