Tavistock Restaurants

Bryan Lockwood

Worst Company I've Ever Worked For

Current Employee - Sever  in  Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Sever in Los Gatos, CA

Pros

It's employment. That's about it.

Cons

TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT: they take employees' tips, extort money from the staff, adjust employees' time cards, sit in the office when it's busy and they are consistently unable to execute proper hiring and training. The management at the corporate level is just as bad.

Stop breaking labor laws, stop being lazy, learn basic business skills and invest in REAL MANAGERS & RESTAURANT PROFESSIONALS.

the worse company!!!!

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

Pros

there are no best reasons to work for this company. I work part-time for almost 8 years, I wanted to quit so many times....but I just need some extra cash in my pocket (I like to save for different reasons) . I was never appreciated , I was never late for my shift, ....maybe I was to serious for that place, people started to hate me....

Cons

dealing with low class people, bad management

treat you good employee with respect, appreciated them. I am glad I am out of there and frustrated in the same time, they did not deserve me!!

Boys Club

Former Employee - Tavistock Shift Manager
    Former Employee - Tavistock Shift Manager

Pros

The environment in the restaurant was usually upbeat and exciting; diversity of staff; no two days were alike

Cons

Lack of value placed in long-term employees; promotional opportunities are very limited, especially for women in this organization

Place a little more value on the people in the trenches. In our unit, people who run the daily operations seem to be ignored until there's a problem. Sometimes feels like middle school with the "us versus them" mentality between Corporate and the rest of the company. You have a great product but you also have to keep your people happy and interested in promoting it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Worst Restaurant Company

Pros

Food, location, tips. However, the few pros are far outweighed by the numerous cons of this company.

Cons

All the bad reviews for this company are all accurate. Tavistock is the worst restaurant company. It is so incredibly behind its competition. The standards that have been commonplace at other restaurants for decades are not practiced here. It is the lowest employee morale and everyone wants to quit. Some of the many reasons why:

— No growth opportunities, no raises, and no promotions.

— Tyrannical management style. Employees are yelled at and harassed daily.

— Management not properly trained in dealing with people, employees and customers.

— Payroll checks regularly shorted; employees have to fight for pay for hours already worked.

— Two weeks notice not honored; those who quit told to leave immediately without pay.

— No work-life balance. They want you to be married to your job and are blatantly hostile to employees with families.

— Excessively high turnover rate. They are constantly advertising for new employees at every level. Positions are unfilled for months so skeleton crews have to do the work of 2 or 3 people with no bump in pay.

Keep up with the times and do some research about what every other restaurant company is doing today to retain employees and comply with current labor laws. You need serious updating and overhauling of your systems and upper management training. The word is out about your company and the quality people you need will not even consider you as a serious employment option.

Horrendous Work Culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

-Location was convenient for commute
    -Fantastic Manager

Cons

-Company does not care about its employees/ no respect for the work that is done
    -Minimal benefits
    -Company culture is equivalent to a jail without food or outdoor time.
    -No room to grow/advance
    -Everyone lives in fear of upper management
    -Very politically driven and intense office politics

Give your employees the respect they deserve. Actually invest in them and be thankful for the job they are doing. Change is a good thing and its time to let go of the old ways and embrace new ideas. New ideas like: regular catered lunches, gym memberships, team activities, off-site volunteer events. Happy employees do better work.

The worst company I have ever worked for in my entire life

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

Nothing positive about the company; as a result, they deserve zero star

Cons

The CEO's attitude is "I give you a job. If you don't like it, that's the door." The benefits SUCKS. Long hours with no compensation. Has the highest turnover rate ever in the history of corporate America as long as I'm concern.

Get trained and learn how to appreciate your employees

No Opportunity For Growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

You get to work with really nice non-mgmt staff

Cons

Terrible senior mgmt. long hours, no overtime pay. no one can go home before 7:00 p.m. in corp. office.

care more about good people than dollars, maybe people will stay and your company might grow.

Laid off due to office closure---thankfully.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Pros

The wages were fine, though I worked there for three years & still left without making the median income of the city we were based in.

Cons

Absolutely toxic environment with very few perks. Very low morale around corporate office. Instead of having working systems put in place, we were forced to cobble together broken systems and hope for the best.

Take value in your employees from the bottom to the top. They're the ones padding your pockets.

Supervise food prep staff, and delegate tasks as needed.

Former Employee - Kitchen Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Kitchen Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

No dress Code, great music

Cons

Terrible senior management, unappreciated lower staff members

Get better qualified leaders, who will grow the company

If you like to work in the 70's .. come work here

Pros

People are nice and try to be helpful.

Cons

Bad benefits, small salaries, old school mentality, no clear paths for promotion or advancement. They hold on to ineffective people due to loyalty. There is a do minimum possible mentality. Everyone is frustrated and upset all the time the environment is extremely negative.

Hire smarter and younger people to change the mentality and corporate environment. Until you can wear jeans on Fridays, have some fun and room for advancement you will never get A players. Smart people work with smart people ...

Worked for Tavistock Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!