Tavistock Restaurants

Tavistock Restaurants CEO Bryan Lockwood

Bryan Lockwood

the worse company!!!!

Server (Former Employee)

Prosthere are no best reasons to work for this company. I work part-time for almost 8 years, I wanted to quit so many times....but I just need some extra cash in my pocket (I like to save for different reasons) . I was never appreciated , I was never late for my shift, ....maybe I was to serious for that place, people started to hate me....

Consdealing with low class people, bad management

Advice to Senior Managementtreat you good employee with respect, appreciated them. I am glad I am out of there and frustrated in the same time, they did not deserve me!!

Boys Club

Tavistock Shift Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe environment in the restaurant was usually upbeat and exciting; diversity of staff; no two days were alike

ConsLack of value placed in long-term employees; promotional opportunities are very limited, especially for women in this organization

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace a little more value on the people in the trenches. In our unit, people who run the daily operations seem to be ignored until there's a problem. Sometimes feels like middle school with the "us versus them" mentality between Corporate and the rest of the company. You have a great product but you also have to keep your people happy and interested in promoting it.

The Worst Restaurant Company

ProsFood, location, tips. However, the few pros are far outweighed by the numerous cons of this company.

ConsAll the bad reviews for this company are all accurate. Tavistock is the worst restaurant company. It is so incredibly behind its competition. The standards that have been commonplace at other restaurants for decades are not practiced here. It is the lowest employee morale and everyone wants to quit. Some of the many reasons why:

— No growth opportunities, no raises, and no promotions.

— Tyrannical management style. Employees are yelled at and harassed daily.

— Management not properly trained in dealing with people, employees and customers.

— Payroll checks regularly shorted; employees have to fight for pay for hours already worked.

— Two weeks notice not honored; those who quit told to leave immediately without pay.

— No work-life balance. They want you to be married to your job and are blatantly hostile to employees with families.

— Excessively high turnover rate. They are constantly advertising for new employees at every level. Positions are unfilled for months so skeleton crews have to do the work of 2 or 3 people with no bump in pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the times and do some research about what every other restaurant company is doing today to retain employees and comply with current labor laws. You need serious updating and overhauling of your systems and upper management training. The word is out about your company and the quality people you need will not even consider you as a serious employment option.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrendous Work Culture

Emeryville, CA

Pros-Location was convenient for commute
    -Fantastic Manager

Cons-Company does not care about its employees/ no respect for the work that is done
    -Minimal benefits
    -Company culture is equivalent to a jail without food or outdoor time.
    -No room to grow/advance
    -Everyone lives in fear of upper management
    -Very politically driven and intense office politics

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees the respect they deserve. Actually invest in them and be thankful for the job they are doing. Change is a good thing and its time to let go of the old ways and embrace new ideas. New ideas like: regular catered lunches, gym memberships, team activities, off-site volunteer events. Happy employees do better work.

The worst company I have ever worked for in my entire life

Emeryville, CA

ProsNothing positive about the company; as a result, they deserve zero star

ConsThe CEO's attitude is "I give you a job. If you don't like it, that's the door." The benefits SUCKS. Long hours with no compensation. Has the highest turnover rate ever in the history of corporate America as long as I'm concern.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet trained and learn how to appreciate your employees

No Opportunity For Growth

Emeryville, CA

ProsYou get to work with really nice non-mgmt staff

ConsTerrible senior mgmt. long hours, no overtime pay. no one can go home before 7:00 p.m. in corp. office.

Advice to Senior Managementcare more about good people than dollars, maybe people will stay and your company might grow.

Supervise food prep staff, and delegate tasks as needed.

Kitchen Manager (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsNo dress Code, great music

ConsTerrible senior management, unappreciated lower staff members

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better qualified leaders, who will grow the company

If you like to work in the 70's .. come work here

ProsPeople are nice and try to be helpful.

ConsBad benefits, small salaries, old school mentality, no clear paths for promotion or advancement. They hold on to ineffective people due to loyalty. There is a do minimum possible mentality. Everyone is frustrated and upset all the time the environment is extremely negative.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire smarter and younger people to change the mentality and corporate environment. Until you can wear jeans on Fridays, have some fun and room for advancement you will never get A players. Smart people work with smart people ...

Good job with Downfalls

Emeryville, CA

ProsColleagues are one of the best people to work around. Get to eat at the company restaurants every month. Learned a lot about accounting in the past 2 years.

ConsCompany went through several changes in the years I have worked here. Salaries aren't the best but you learn a lot.
    Currently outsourcing all accounting to Kansas.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease learn to treat your employees like people and not robots.

Bussing at the Coach Grill

Busser (Current Employee)
    Wayland, MA

Prosgood pay for part time

Consstaff changes a lot, not much connection with management, a lot of work, training

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more in touch with employees

Worked for Tavistock Restaurants? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tavistock Restaurants reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tavistock Restaurants CEO Bryan Lockwood. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Tavistock Restaurants employees.