Tawani Enterprises

James Pritzker

Fantastic Company, Great pay and environment

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Tawani Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great compensation and benefits, amazing leadership

Cons

None that I can think of

Keep up the amazing work

Never-changing management mentality/practices towards employees continue to plaque this small company

I worked at Tawani Enterprises full-time

Pros

Non-management staff overall are very easy to work with (obviously a good amount of exceptions) with some diamonds in the rough who would be better appreciated elsewhere.

Cons

Management, with exception of the owner, will never change with regards to their approach and treatment of staff. Those who should be shown the door are kept in positions they have no business in and those who are professional and work hard are put under management who frankly have no business leading anyone. Moral was very low when I decided to move on and I could only guess where it is now. The family atmosphere went out the window a few years ago and I am extremely surprised that the more talented individuals have not moved on.

Change your attitude towards your staff. Continue to treat them with derision, contempt, and keep people who frankly have no business running either a company or a group of people and you will always lose talent and continue to foster a hostile environment.

At the time I was there, Tawani was experiencing internal conflict and it was a contentious environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tawani Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

The offices are clean and located in exciting downtown Chicago, near public transportation, beautiful Grant Park and restaurants for any budget.

Cons

Tawani is set up to manage the personal and business wealth of James N. Pritzker. At the time I was there (2007-2008), there was personal conflict between Mr. Pritzker and his CFO/VP. There was always tension in the air. Some employees were blatantly incompetent but were merely shuffled around to other positions. The environment was contentious and uncomfortable.

Seriously, get your act together. Fire the incompetent staffers in your organization, reward the office staff who are competent, and leave your personal sex issues at home,

Worked for Tawani Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!