Tax Defense Network Reviews

Joe Valinho

1. Case Coordinator

Current Employee - Case Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Case Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love this job! I am so happy that I found Tax Defense Network. The people that I work with are amazing and so upbeat and I love what we do for clients! They offer a great compensation package as well as PTO, 401K and many other perks. I've worked in Customer Service for years, but finally found my niche. Its just a great place to work, so diverse and you'll meet so many good people.

Cons

Long hours. We work hard and play hard. If you want to stay busy and let the day fly by then this is the place for you. You will never be bored or sitting around looking for something to do. I don't think its a bad thing, but if you are looking for a 9-5, this isn't it. Its very rewarding though,

Advice to Management

Stop stressing. If you stress, we all stress. Every problem can be fixed, nature of the beast.

2. A work place where you can learn most

Former Employee - Debt Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

With most experience people who are always ready to help you in your work. A highly organized and employee oriented company, you will be overloaded with work, seniors always appreciate good work and encourages.
    - Paid leaves and free lunches were also i would like to mention as a plus point for this company

Cons

I only find the long working hours as a downside of this company, You also have to work for extra hours in the financial months or tax months

Advice to Management

A little bit of transparencies in the upper management will be an advantage for the company's future point of view

3. Debt Analyst

Current Employee - Debt Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Debt Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tax Defense Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined Tax Defense Network after moving here from the Dallas area. What a great company to work for. They have a great team and the benefits are great. I"m very pleased with my hourly salary with potential to receive bonuses as goals are met. Excellent benefits and time off packages, great work environment and great people. Lots of room for growth.

Cons

The hours are hard, but I'm getting used to it. This is a tax resolution company, but they work year round. Their type of tax work isn't seasonal so the phones are constantly ringing and people need help. I'm sure i"ll get used to this new schedule.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Everyone I've worked with so far has been amazing.

5. Great Company to learn and earn

Current Employee - Certified Public Accountant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Certified Public Accountant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great career opportunities
    Excellent Corporate Culture
    Good performance rewards
    High level of growth in the company
    Paid Leaves
    5 days working
    Friendly and cooperative employees
    At Tax Defense Network, they take care of excellent employees. The company is constantly looking for ways to reward performance and improve existing procedures/benefits. Performance feedback is offered up constantly as is ongoing training to improve your performance.

Cons

Longer work hours than a normal company. I don't mind overtime but some people could consider this a con. Extra work on the Financial month ends,

Advice to Management

I am happy with the upper management transparency in their procedures and they manage it well

6. Was here a short time, but would go back.

Former Employee - Technical Support in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tax Defense Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in their Support department for a few months. I wasn't at TDN long, but it was a great place to work. The benefits and pay were great and in line with my expectations and the people I worked with were fun to be around. They made the day go by fast. It is fast paced, I think someone else said that also..Very fast paced. Busy is good.

Cons

I wish I had received more Paid time off. I think they've changed their policies, which is good for the folks who work here now. Long hours would be the only downfall.

Advice to Management

Just give more PTO, that's all. I only left because I had to move unexpectedly.

7. Expect to work, this s fast paced!

Former Employee - Tax Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Tax Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tax Defense Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a very fast paced job. I worked in their legal department and since this is a Natonwide tax company, they have tons of clients. The company is well known and has a great reputation. They have an awesome benefits package, medical, dental, vision, bonus plan, PTO, 401K. Great people and wonderful positive environment. I moved after only working here for about a year out of state to take care of my Mom...or I would have stayed at Tax Defense forever. Tons of room for growth.

Cons

If you're a workaholic and an overachiever...this place is for you. You will be expected to work some crazy hours and go above and beyond to get the job done. Its about teamwork. Its worth it, the amount of experience you're exposed to speaks volumes.

Advice to Management

Too many managers come and go. Maybe hire outside instead of within.

8. Great experience!

I worked at Tax Defense Network

Pros

I loved the people. Tax Defense Network has a great team enviroment. All of the departments lean on eachother and help eachother with the same goal in mind, helping the taxpayer. It sounds like crap, but its not. Great benefits, great salary, great spiffs and incentives. It was alot of fun working here and I learned a ton about the tax industry and the IRS.

Cons

The hours. I worked here during a time of my life that I had just gotten married and wanted a family. I didn't want to work a 12 hour day anymore. The money was great, but it just got old. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, but I just couldn't work the hours anymore.

Advice to Management

You should really have different shifts, you may do that now. I'm not sure, but anyone working a 12 hour day would get burned out. And everyone should be cross trained, that way if someone is out of the office, the engine still runs.

9. One of the best companies that I worked with

Current Employee - Web Developer in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people working over there have insight knowledge of taxes which will always help you in taking an informed financial decisions. You get the opportunity to coordinate with a lot of people every day; helps you become a multi-tasker in no time!.
    Lots of social activities and events happens monthly-which takes the mind off from work for a while in a good way.
    Everyone is very supportive and cooperative over here. Work culture is good. Hard-Workers often get recognized. And they always listen to new ideas. Office is big and at a good central location. Employee surveys takes place yearly to help make the necessary changes.

Cons

Timing may be long for those who travel from farther areas. Financial months have tight working schedules. – Tax laws keep on changing so you have to keep on updating yourself.

Advice to Management

I am happy with their process of working and don’t have any for now.

10. I'd work there again. Great place, sad I had to leave!

Former Employee - Debt Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Debt Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tax Defense Network

Pros

I worked at TDN for about a year before my husband was transferred to the Tampa area. I loved working there and the people I worked with. Great benefits package, great bonus structure, great learning experience overall. The people who work here are what makes TDN great. They all have the same goal in mind, help the clients.

Cons

There is some micromanaging, but that is going to happen in any financial related business. There are regulations that are in place and guidelines to be followed. If you don't like it, then the financial industry isn't for you. Wish I had more time off also...

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I am sorry that I had to leave Tax Defense, but I still have friends who remain there. It is a great place to work because of the great people who work there.

11. Best job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Support in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Support in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tax Defense Network (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Work with great people,-Great benefits-Great rewards for hard work -Team Environment, -Nationally recognized company,-Room for Growth,-Hard work gets recognized,-Work hard, play hard -- Holiday parties, events, lunches, fun spirited place to be.

Cons

-Not enough Paid Time Off - I know they're working on this, but the hours are long and the time off isn't plentiful. Its available, just not a lot of it.
    -Long hours, but if you put the time in its rewarding.
    -Policy changes frequently

Advice to Management

I don't have any, the upper management run a tight ship and I like it that way.

Tax Defense Network Photos