Tax Defense Network Reviews

Joe Valinho

1. Tax Defense Network is the one of the best company in which I worked

Former Employee - Debt Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Debt Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Good and positive working atmosphere
    -Very supportive and creative Team members
    -They have five working days and paid leave with flexible timings.
    -They reward your extra effort in terms of bonus and incentives.
    -They keep everyone active with training, events and seminars which are lots of fun.
    -Medical consultation and yearly check ups benefits.
    -What more you can expect from a company.

Cons

-For me, I find the travelling an issue because the office is quite far from my home.
    -Sad that I had to leave this company, due to some health issues.

Advice to Management

I like the workflow and the management of the company. Tax Defense Network had very transparent process of work. Keep up the good work, best wishes for the future.

2. Happy to be part of the team!

Current Employee - Debt Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tax Defense Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work. I've read these reviews and they just really aren't fair. Disgruntled employees who were bad at their jobs or doing things they shouldn't have, shouldn't be a reason for TDN to suffer.
    I love there's no cap on my income. The harder and longer I work, the more I make. The sky is the limit. I can sit at my desk and work through my lunch if I want. That's great. I also like what I do. Helping people at any job in the service industry is rewarding.
    Great benefits, Overtime, Paid Time off, Flexible Hours, free lunches, company picnics. Lots of other perks too. Never worked for a place like this. Everyone is so nice and friendly.

Cons

I want more vacation. I think the more time off people have, the better employees they can be. TDN has a great benefits package, just wish we had more time off.

Advice to Management

Recognize who your leaders are and promote those people. If you set a good example and can lead others, you should be promoted.

3. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Debt Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tax Defense Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TDN is a great place to work. I am grateful to have the opportunity to work with seasoned Customer Service colleagues who have one goal in mind, helping our clients. I've been in the financial industry for 15 years. Great salary, great benefits and great people/management. The paid time off and benefits are wonderful, I'm so happy to be part of this team.

Cons

The hours are long. There's no denying that, but if you want to earn a large income, you have to put in the time. Unlimited overtime works for me!

Advice to Management

Don't be so hard on employees. Everyone gets stressed, so its easy to take things out on others. Take more vacations to clear your mind!

5. Debt Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Debt Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Debt Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun office environment good people working there opportunity to move up based on merit. Extreme job security and training if asked for

Cons

You work hard from the second you get there to the moment that you leave and sometime's that does not mean you will be working for commission which there are a lot of other jobs that require less effort for the pay if you aren't making commission which can be hindered by the company having a BBB rating because they only want client's that they know are going to have a high success rate or are paying enough

Advice to Management

I would say listen to phone calls more often than not and have dc's scene 2 each other so you can be more interactive in making sure that they are constantly doing better. The service's are literally basically 2 choices

6. They have no respect for Tax Professionals

Current Employee - Enrolled Agent
    Current Employee - Enrolled Agent

I have been working at Tax Defense Network

Pros

The recruiter I spoke with seemed nice She was apologetic for being hard to get in touch.

Cons

Tax Defense Network is looking to branch out and "partner" with Enrolled Agents, CPAs and Lawyers in order to farm out some of their resolution work.

The con is the way they do it. First of all make sure you read the noncompete clause in the contract before you sign anything. It's probably so absurd that its not actually enforceable in any state but it more or less says if you provide tax, accounting or resolution services for tax defense network clients you cant seek out do the same for any ot their competitors (which would be any other tax, accounting or tax relief firm in the nation) for a period of two years after you stop working for them.

And how much do they pay you for the pleasure of attempting to take away your right to earn a living???

Assuming the client actually pays (we will get to that later)

You get $200-400 for most federal resolutions
    For states you are looking at $80-145 most of the time
    For tax prep you are getting $15-$70 per return

Oh and you are only getting that much if the client pays a certain amount of their contract. That's right TDN doesn't wait until the clients reach that threshold before farming it out to you its you who gets to take phone calls from a client desperate for help but meanwhile you have no assurance that you will ever get paid in full. I hope you guys enjoy working for free.

You front all the expenses by the way. The software, the paper, the utilities, the efax, the insurance and its you who has to drag out all the information from the clients too. Why bother with a caseworker when you can just have the enrolled agent do everything for scraps? lol

Id advise anyone desperate enough to take this "partnership" to go on craigslist advertise these ridiculous bottom rate prices that represent your cut from TDN and build your own client base. Then you can struggle to make a living wage without making TDN rich in the process or having to dodge TDN lawyers looking to enforce their insane noncompete clauses.

Advice to Management

Stop being so greedy. Only desperate tax professionals would take such low cuts. Is that what your customers deserve? Is that what they pay you big money for? To make the salesman rich while the worst tax professionals around handle their cases?

7. Tax Defense Network has been a very good platform for me

I have been working at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing people, great work ethics, impressive skills. . I would suggest people, starting their careers in taxes with this company is a good idea.

Cheers to the company i gave my most precious years of life. It was amazing to be a part of this family. And to all the freshers and underdogs, this is definitely a right place to start your journey into tax world.

Cons

I didn't find any big downside of this company, but for taking leaves you have to tell in 10 to 15 days in advance

Advice to Management

I am impressed by the way the upper management works and coordinates works with all of its employees, and I don’t want any change in it.

8. One of the best company in which I worked with

Former Employee - Case Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Case Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tax Defense Network (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a Work Hard and Party Hard kind of company, where when people work with their full dedication, and enjoy their rest free with full fun.
    Everyone out there was very cooperative and friendly, you can talk to them for any help and need, they become my long time best friends for personal and professional life.
    Always adds up new work force in the company

Cons

Tax Laws updates frequently, so you have to keep yourself updated with the latest tax laws,
    Sad that I got to leave that company, Because of my personal problems.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job, Keep up your good work Tax Defense Network, and also try to expand your offices in other cities also

9. Hard Work always noted and appraised over here

Current Employee - Tax Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Tax Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company Atmosphere is cool and work friendly.
    Team members are cooperative and supportive.
    Here a hard worker can get easily noted and praised for their work.
    Free lunches
    Paid Leaves
    Team communication is good.

Cons

I only find the transportation problem because my house is quite far from the company
    You have to become a multitasking because you deal with different type of people every day

Advice to Management

Tax Defense is the first company in my career where I saw upper and lower management working closely with each other. It was a great feeling and a great learning. If you can provide special training to new employees so they can easily grab tax knowledge.

10. A successful and employee friendly Company

I have been working at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Place where you get the chance to work with the highly experienced peoples which will triple your chance to get noted and you get the maximum possible exposure under their leadership.
    They have a great problem solving structure and a common platform to get noted.

Cons

I haven't found any major downside of the company, Timing can be issued for some of the employees, otherwise everything is fine for me

Advice to Management

Management opens to all and listen to everyone views, Hard work of an individual or a team is often recognized

11. A work place where you can learn most

Former Employee - Debt Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Debt Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tax Defense Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

With most experience people who are always ready to help you in your work. A highly organized and employee oriented company, you will be overloaded with work, seniors always appreciate good work and encourages.
    - Paid leaves and free lunches were also i would like to mention as a plus point for this company

Cons

I only find the long working hours as a downside of this company, You also have to work for extra hours in the financial months or tax months

Advice to Management

A little bit of transparencies in the upper management will be an advantage for the company's future point of view

RSS Feed </> Embed