Tax Defense Network

Joe Valinho

It was a good company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

I learned alot during my career there.

Cons

Be prepared to tell clients one thing and then do another. Company will sell that clients will not pay the IRS and them at the same time, but that is not the case. I know first hand because I worked in multiple positions within the company. Their Client Care Department will be quick to refund money to protect their BBB rating.

Pay your better people what they deserve, especially the ones that collect your money.

You w never make over 40k. The console and owners are slave drivers. Micromanaging is understatement.

Former Employee - Debt Consultant Salea  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Debt Consultant Salea in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

There arent any. They will interview you and show you on a Wed. or Thursday how much money some people are making based on the fees they are bringing in. What they dont tell you is they have been there years and 1out of 100 will make a hundred K. This company unevenly distributes the leads and calls. If you dont kiss up to them the main controller w make life he!!.z Listen yall. Im a closer. I have mad skills. Dont go there. Unless you ate Absolutely desoerate.

Cons

Management is unfair. If you have a current lead you are working and need to call and they wanttouto take and u refuse they will punish you by landing the worst calls on you to prove their point. Again yall. This Company is formerly Emergency Debt Relief that was shut down by the state attorney generals office in 04-05. I got outta there before they shut it down. Dont go there as they run it the same and its not all about the clients as it should be. Its about making the brothers money. Ran by worst management I have ever experienced in my 15 years in sales.

I THINK I SHARED ENOUGH?

Tax Defense Network cheats employees of wages and benefits.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Owners of the company are very involved.

Cons

They do not listen to comments
    They fire employees before being eligible for benefits
    Majority of workforce do drugs and or drink at work
    Terrible benefits (no 401k plan....terrible medical, dental and vision plan)

Don't Lie to your employees and cheat them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An opportunity that lets you dive in head first.

Former Employee - Debt Consultant  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Debt Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Great pay incentives
    Company buys lunch
    Great, Friendly Co-Workers
    Challenging Work

Cons

Longer Hours (Not your typical 9-5, some will like it, some won't).
    Noisy (A lot of people in the work space, sometimes can get loud).

This company is headed for success because of its employees' ambition and determination, never forget that.

Good income potential, several career opportunities

Former Employee - Debt Consultant  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Debt Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

You can advance quickly
    Good income potential
    GreAt work
    This company is going through a lot of growth..I transitioned into a team lead within seven months. They do a ton of company and charity events lot of fun. Always are catering and doing fun promotions too

Cons

Lots of hours, good if you like overtime

A little more one on one attention but great company...I enjoyed It there. It was sad when my husband got transferred to another base.

Unbiased About Tax Defense Network

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Rapidly Growing Company- went from 25 employees to 70 something within the 9 months I worked there.
    Sales Consultants paid very well.
    Executive Team has tons of successful business management and business building experience.
    In early 2009 they were one of the only companies still hiring.

Cons

Give more thought to work/life balance.
    Listen to the suggestions more of those in the trenches
    Pay more to those who contribute most

Promote people when they are ready, hence why I am not with the company any more.

Excellent place to advance quickly!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Great career opportunities
    Heavy performance rewards
    High level of growth as a company
    Excellent Corporate Culture

At Tax Defense Network, they take care of excellent employees. The company is constantly looking for ways to reward performance and improve existing procedures/benefits. Performance feedback is offered up constantly as is ongoing training to improve your performance. I highly recommend Tax Defense Network looking to carve out a career for themselves quickly.

Cons

Heavier amount of work hours than a normal company. I don't mind overtime but some people could consider this a con.

Keep evolving our growing company in a positive direction!

This is a terrible, immature company to work for.

Former Employee - Tax Analyst  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Tax Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

There are no good reasons to work at TDN. They lie about salary (it's based on a 48 hour work week, but will not give overtime past 40 hours), they encourage employees to lie to customers, they sell products that they cannot legally provide, and they train many employees to fire all but a few before the first 90 days are up.

Cons

This company is very immature and the management is a joke. They fire employees if not every single person in the office like them, and work is unfairly divided.

The leadership at Tax Defense Network needs to learn that a company cannot lie to clients. They force the sales side to "fake it to make it" , and then the financial side is unable to provide the right services.

Worked for Tax Defense Network? Contribute to the Community!