Tax Defense Network

Updated Oct 20, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joe Valinho

An opportunity that lets you dive in head first.

Debt Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay incentives
Company buys lunch
Great, Friendly Co-Workers
Challenging Work

ConsLonger Hours (Not your typical 9-5, some will like it, some won't).
Noisy (A lot of people in the work space, sometimes can get loud).

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company is headed for success because of its employees' ambition and determination, never forget that.

You w never make over 40k. The console and owners are slave drivers. Micromanaging is understatement.

Debt Consultant Salea (Former Employee)

I worked at Tax Defense Network full-time for more than a year

ProsThere arent any. They will interview you and show you on a Wed. or Thursday how much money some people are making based on the fees they are bringing in. What they dont tell you is they have been there years and 1out of 100 will make a hundred K. This company unevenly distributes the leads and calls. If you dont kiss up to them the main controller w make life he!!.z Listen yall. Im a closer. I have mad skills. Dont go there. Unless you ate Absolutely desoerate.

ConsManagement is unfair. If you have a current lead you are working and need to call and they wanttouto take and u refuse they will punish you by landing the worst calls on you to prove their point. Again yall. This Company is formerly Emergency Debt Relief that was shut down by the state attorney generals office in 04-05. I got outta there before they shut it down. Dont go there as they run it the same and its not all about the clients as it should be. Its about making the brothers money. Ran by worst management I have ever experienced in my 15 years in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementI THINK I SHARED ENOUGH?

Tax Defense Network cheats employees of wages and benefits.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Tax Defense Network full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOwners of the company are very involved.

ConsThey do not listen to comments
They fire employees before being eligible for benefits
Majority of workforce do drugs and or drink at work
Terrible benefits (no 401k plan....terrible medical, dental and vision plan)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't Lie to your employees and cheat them.

Good income potential, several career opportunities

Debt Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsYou can advance quickly
Good income potential
GreAt work
This company is going through a lot of growth..I transitioned into a team lead within seven months. They do a ton of company and charity events lot of fun. Always are catering and doing fun promotions too

ConsLots of hours, good if you like overtime

Advice to Senior ManagementA little more one on one attention but great company...I enjoyed It there. It was sad when my husband got transferred to another base.

Unbiased About Tax Defense Network

Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Tax Defense Network

ProsRapidly Growing Company- went from 25 employees to 70 something within the 9 months I worked there.
Sales Consultants paid very well.
Executive Team has tons of successful business management and business building experience.
In early 2009 they were one of the only companies still hiring.

ConsGive more thought to work/life balance.
Listen to the suggestions more of those in the trenches
Pay more to those who contribute most

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people when they are ready, hence why I am not with the company any more.

Excellent place to advance quickly!

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tax Defense Network

ProsGreat career opportunities
Heavy performance rewards
High level of growth as a company
Excellent Corporate Culture

At Tax Defense Network, they take care of excellent employees. The company is constantly looking for ways to reward performance and improve existing procedures/benefits. Performance feedback is offered up constantly as is ongoing training to improve your performance. I highly recommend Tax Defense Network looking to carve out a career for themselves quickly.

ConsHeavier amount of work hours than a normal company. I don't mind overtime but some people could consider this a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep evolving our growing company in a positive direction!

This is a terrible, immature company to work for.

Tax Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Tax Defense Network

ProsThere are no good reasons to work at TDN. They lie about salary (it's based on a 48 hour work week, but will not give overtime past 40 hours), they encourage employees to lie to customers, they sell products that they cannot legally provide, and they train many employees to fire all but a few before the first 90 days are up.

ConsThis company is very immature and the management is a joke. They fire employees if not every single person in the office like them, and work is unfairly divided.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership at Tax Defense Network needs to learn that a company cannot lie to clients. They force the sales side to "fake it to make it" , and then the financial side is unable to provide the right services.

Worked for Tax Defense Network? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tax Defense Network reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tax Defense Network CEO Joe Valinho. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Tax Defense Network employees.