Taycor Financial

Taycor Financial Reviews

Updated Feb 26, 2014

Bob Skibinski

Great Learning and Growth Opportunities

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsI started off working at Taycor as a Junior Account Executive. I was completely new to the industry and didn't have much prior related experience. They trained me and gave me responsibilities that forced me to learn very quickly. I learned more in my first month at Taycor than I have at any other job. After my first year I was promoted to Senior Account Executive. Management saw my abilities and dedication and rewarded me for my hard work. I couldn't ask for a better experience.

ConsIt's very fast paced and the faster you're able to learn, the better. There's a ton of information and details to remember but it all comes with time and practice.

Great Work Culture

Intern (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsI'm a college student and this was my first internship. Most of my friends who have had internships always complain about how they're always given the worst work and not paid too much attention too so I was a little nervous coming into my first day.

Taycor held a welcome pizza party for all of the new interns and we were each given our own work station. Everyone was so friendly and really took the time to get to know all of us. In the months after, our supervisor and fellow co-workers were always available to answer our questions. We would have weekly meetings in the board room to make sure everyone was on the same page and it really made me feel like I was a part of something greater than just filing or getting coffee. My time at Taycor has been nothing but enjoyable and I still can't believe how lucky I am to have found such a great work environment where they really care about our learning and growth.

ConsThe office is absolutely freezing. Even during the hottest days of summer, you need a ski jacket to keep warm.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they're doing a fantastic job as is... but I wouldn't be opposed to more pizza days ;)

A Challenging and Rewarding Experience - Taycor Financial

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsLearning opportunities are endless here. I really did learn something new everyday whether it was learning about a new marketing method or understanding a new component of the CRM system. There are many opportunities for growth and you will be taking on new projects quite frequently so it is helpful if you are able to multitask.

ConsThe tasks can become a little repetitive, especially when you do the same ones each day. However I did enjoy structure to my job because it made it easier to check things off of my to-do list.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold monthly team meetings to assess progress and open up the floor for idea sharing.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Taycor Financial Review - Marketing & Operations Intern

Marketing & Operations Intern (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsI started working here in October 2012 and I feel that I have learned more here than all of my previous internships combined! Many of the concepts I learned in my business classes have transferred over to my work at Taycor, which has helped me in school and at work. My work at Taycor consists of PR writing, SEO, filtering through leads, recruitment, data entry, market research, payroll taxes, submitting credit packages, analyzing credit, processing payments, and updating accounting records. I am always doing different things so my job never gets boring. Such a wide variety of tasks also allows me to become familiar with many of the different areas in a business including accounting, finance, and marketing.

In addition, my boss is very flexible and understands that I am a busy college student with many assignments and deadlines. Taycor allows me to take a day off if I have a final or need to study for a big test. This has really helped me to successfully balance school and work.

ConsEverything was a little difficult for me at first because I was not used to some of the tasks I was being asked to perform. For example, in my first month of work I was asked to complete payroll taxes, submit credit packages to lenders, process payments, and update accounting records. It was kind of like being thrown in with the sharks but I believe it really helped me become a quick learner and better listener. After some practice, I was able to successfully complete everything on my own.

A Company that Continues to Build Strong Client Relationships

Funding Manager (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsI've been the Funding Manager at Taycor for quite some time now and can honestly say that one of the greatest feelings of success occur when we've finished funding a deal and the same customer comes back to work with us again and again and again. Taycor actively pursues customer satisfaction and is able to maintain strong and lasting relationships like I've never seen anywhere else. The atmosphere of the office is so friendly and everyone works together with a common goal in mind which is inevitably to make our clients happy. I've never been a part of such a supportive group of individuals who all work so hard to complete the work on their desk while also reaching out to help each other in any way possible.

ConsThe office temperature tends to fluctuate aggressively. It could be over 100 degrees outside but I'll need a coat when I walk into the office. We also tend to run out of paper cups quite frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementConstructive criticism and advice for growth is always desired.

Summer Intern Experience

Summer Intern (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsI’ve worked for Taycor Financial for five months as a summer intern from Germany. Working here has been a great experience for me especially to gain some insight into the industry and learn about the cultural differences in working here and in Germany. The office environment was very friendly and all the people working here were very supporting and helpful. The intimate size of the office helped me to get in touch with everyone. I got the opportunity to work in different departments of the company e.g. the marketing and the credit department. Through that I was able to get a broad range of experience. Although I was only an intern the management gave me responsibilities and therefore I really learned a lot which I can also apply in my future.

ConsOf course there were sometimes very repetitive tasks but especially for me that was very helpful as I was able to improve my English this way. Overall I had a very good experience working here in The United States in this company and I would definitely do it again.

A supportive and constructive work environment

Brand Manager/Vendor Partner Relations (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsWorking at Taycor has been a very enriching experience. The office is small, therefore creating a very supportive and constructive work environment. Everyone in the office is very friendly and always willing to help each other. The employees are all very driven and hard-working individuals, who motivate each other in working towards the goals and advancement of the company as a whole.
    As an intern I have learned much more than I imagined, and have been treated with respect by my fellow employees. Management is very organized and supportive of employees, and there is a good balance between work and personal life. Overall, working at Taycor has been a very fulfilling experience that has been very beneficial in my career.

ConsIt isn't the most "glamorous" job, performing repetitive tasks at a computer, however that is something that is to be expected of most other similar jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinuing to constructively motivate employees and setting specific goals for them seems to be very productive in helping achieve company goals.

Knowledge and Growth are Endless

Los Angeles, CA

ProsAs a proud member of the Taycor Team, I can confidently say that it was the best choice I could have made. Over the course of my employment, I have learned more than I have in any other previous position I have held. Not only is the learning process never-ending but my fellow members and employers are very supportive and always bring a smile to the office. So far, my experience at Taycor has been enriching, fulfilling, and beneficial to my overall career goals.

ConsAs with most jobs, it does take place at a desk in an office building. Many do not like the idea of sitting in an office all day, so if you are one of these people, it may not seem like the most "glamorous" jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the general management and leadership at Taycor Financial is doing a great job, especially with our recent move.

A company who cares about the people.

Brand Manager - Vendor Partner Relations (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsVery supportive environment with a strong system of mentoring and training. Collaborative culture and opportunities for growth based on effort and results not tenure and seniority. Good benefits provided by the company and creates a culture of work / personal life balance. Management has an open door policy for feedback, suggestions, and encourages pursuit of new projects and challenges. Each person has a very clear job and goal, and not a single person seems is just 'taking up space.' Overall great company to gain experience or build a career.

ConsConstant changes/improvements in products, process, and system procedures causes sometimes unnecessary downtime and distractions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrowth is great, but growing too quickly and injecting too many new people can change a company's culture and original direction.

Taycor Financial has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and experience in the marketing business field

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee)
    Culver City, CA

ProsFellow employees at Taycor Financial are supportive in teamwork and being proactive in working towards the overall advancement of the company. The atmosphere of Taycor Financial is very professional and organized. Taycor Financial helps its employees and interns to learn by self-sufficiency and hands-on experience.

ConsEmployees need to be proactive and williing to work without too many guidelines. Those who need specific instructions and guidance to complete tasks will find working at Taycor Financial more challenging.

Worked for Taycor Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Taycor Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Taycor Financial CEO Bob Skibinski. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Taycor Financial employees.