Taycor Financial Reviews

Bob Skibinski

Great Learning and Growth Opportunities

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Taycor Financial full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started off working at Taycor as a Junior Account Executive. I was completely new to the industry and didn't have much prior related experience. They trained me and gave me responsibilities that forced me to learn very quickly. I learned more in my first month at Taycor than I have at any other job. After my first year I was promoted to Senior Account Executive. Management saw my abilities and dedication and rewarded me for my hard work. I couldn't ask for a better experience.

Cons

It's very fast paced and the faster you're able to learn, the better. There's a ton of information and details to remember but it all comes with time and practice.

Great Work Culture

Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Taycor Financial as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I'm a college student and this was my first internship. Most of my friends who have had internships always complain about how they're always given the worst work and not paid too much attention too so I was a little nervous coming into my first day.

Taycor held a welcome pizza party for all of the new interns and we were each given our own work station. Everyone was so friendly and really took the time to get to know all of us. In the months after, our supervisor and fellow co-workers were always available to answer our questions. We would have weekly meetings in the board room to make sure everyone was on the same page and it really made me feel like I was a part of something greater than just filing or getting coffee. My time at Taycor has been nothing but enjoyable and I still can't believe how lucky I am to have found such a great work environment where they really care about our learning and growth.

Cons

The office is absolutely freezing. Even during the hottest days of summer, you need a ski jacket to keep warm.

I think they're doing a fantastic job as is... but I wouldn't be opposed to more pizza days ;)

A Challenging and Rewarding Experience - Taycor Financial

Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Taycor Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learning opportunities are endless here. I really did learn something new everyday whether it was learning about a new marketing method or understanding a new component of the CRM system. There are many opportunities for growth and you will be taking on new projects quite frequently so it is helpful if you are able to multitask.

Cons

The tasks can become a little repetitive, especially when you do the same ones each day. However I did enjoy structure to my job because it made it easier to check things off of my to-do list.

Hold monthly team meetings to assess progress and open up the floor for idea sharing.

Taycor Financial Review - Marketing & Operations Intern

Current Employee - Marketing & Operations Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing & Operations Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Taycor Financial as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I started working here in October 2012 and I feel that I have learned more here than all of my previous internships combined! Many of the concepts I learned in my business classes have transferred over to my work at Taycor, which has helped me in school and at work. My work at Taycor consists of PR writing, SEO, filtering through leads, recruitment, data entry, market research, payroll taxes, submitting credit packages, analyzing credit, processing payments, and updating accounting records. I am always doing different things so my job never gets boring. Such a wide variety of tasks also allows me to become familiar with many of the different areas in a business including accounting, finance, and marketing.

In addition, my boss is very flexible and understands that I am a busy college student with many assignments and deadlines. Taycor allows me to take a day off if I have a final or need to study for a big test. This has really helped me to successfully balance school and work.

Cons

Everything was a little difficult for me at first because I was not used to some of the tasks I was being asked to perform. For example, in my first month of work I was asked to complete payroll taxes, submit credit packages to lenders, process payments, and update accounting records. It was kind of like being thrown in with the sharks but I believe it really helped me become a quick learner and better listener. After some practice, I was able to successfully complete everything on my own.

A Company that Continues to Build Strong Client Relationships

Current Employee - Funding Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Funding Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Taycor Financial full-time

Pros

I've been the Funding Manager at Taycor for quite some time now and can honestly say that one of the greatest feelings of success occur when we've finished funding a deal and the same customer comes back to work with us again and again and again. Taycor actively pursues customer satisfaction and is able to maintain strong and lasting relationships like I've never seen anywhere else. The atmosphere of the office is so friendly and everyone works together with a common goal in mind which is inevitably to make our clients happy. I've never been a part of such a supportive group of individuals who all work so hard to complete the work on their desk while also reaching out to help each other in any way possible.

Cons

The office temperature tends to fluctuate aggressively. It could be over 100 degrees outside but I'll need a coat when I walk into the office. We also tend to run out of paper cups quite frequently.

Constructive criticism and advice for growth is always desired.

Summer Intern Experience

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Taycor Financial full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I’ve worked for Taycor Financial for five months as a summer intern from Germany. Working here has been a great experience for me especially to gain some insight into the industry and learn about the cultural differences in working here and in Germany. The office environment was very friendly and all the people working here were very supporting and helpful. The intimate size of the office helped me to get in touch with everyone. I got the opportunity to work in different departments of the company e.g. the marketing and the credit department. Through that I was able to get a broad range of experience. Although I was only an intern the management gave me responsibilities and therefore I really learned a lot which I can also apply in my future.

Cons

Of course there were sometimes very repetitive tasks but especially for me that was very helpful as I was able to improve my English this way. Overall I had a very good experience working here in The United States in this company and I would definitely do it again.

A supportive and constructive work environment

Current Employee - Brand Manager/Vendor Partner Relations in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Brand Manager/Vendor Partner Relations in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Taycor Financial as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Working at Taycor has been a very enriching experience. The office is small, therefore creating a very supportive and constructive work environment. Everyone in the office is very friendly and always willing to help each other. The employees are all very driven and hard-working individuals, who motivate each other in working towards the goals and advancement of the company as a whole.
    As an intern I have learned much more than I imagined, and have been treated with respect by my fellow employees. Management is very organized and supportive of employees, and there is a good balance between work and personal life. Overall, working at Taycor has been a very fulfilling experience that has been very beneficial in my career.

Cons

It isn't the most "glamorous" job, performing repetitive tasks at a computer, however that is something that is to be expected of most other similar jobs.

Continuing to constructively motivate employees and setting specific goals for them seems to be very productive in helping achieve company goals.

Knowledge and Growth are Endless

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Taycor Financial

Pros

As a proud member of the Taycor Team, I can confidently say that it was the best choice I could have made. Over the course of my employment, I have learned more than I have in any other previous position I have held. Not only is the learning process never-ending but my fellow members and employers are very supportive and always bring a smile to the office. So far, my experience at Taycor has been enriching, fulfilling, and beneficial to my overall career goals.

Cons

As with most jobs, it does take place at a desk in an office building. Many do not like the idea of sitting in an office all day, so if you are one of these people, it may not seem like the most "glamorous" jobs.

I think the general management and leadership at Taycor Financial is doing a great job, especially with our recent move.

A company who cares about the people.

Current Employee - Brand Manager - Vendor Partner Relations in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Brand Manager - Vendor Partner Relations in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Taycor Financial

Pros

Very supportive environment with a strong system of mentoring and training. Collaborative culture and opportunities for growth based on effort and results not tenure and seniority. Good benefits provided by the company and creates a culture of work / personal life balance. Management has an open door policy for feedback, suggestions, and encourages pursuit of new projects and challenges. Each person has a very clear job and goal, and not a single person seems is just 'taking up space.' Overall great company to gain experience or build a career.

Cons

Constant changes/improvements in products, process, and system procedures causes sometimes unnecessary downtime and distractions.

Growth is great, but growing too quickly and injecting too many new people can change a company's culture and original direction.

Taycor Financial has given me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and experience in the marketing business field

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Taycor Financial

Pros

Fellow employees at Taycor Financial are supportive in teamwork and being proactive in working towards the overall advancement of the company. The atmosphere of Taycor Financial is very professional and organized. Taycor Financial helps its employees and interns to learn by self-sufficiency and hands-on experience.

Cons

Employees need to be proactive and williing to work without too many guidelines. Those who need specific instructions and guidance to complete tasks will find working at Taycor Financial more challenging.