Taycor Financial Reviews

1. Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Taycor Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sales are provided with warm leads to contact. Cold calling isn't required but encouraged on days activity is slower. There's no hovering from management. We can handle our accounts however we feel is best. It's a very casual environment and there's a good balance between work time and play time.

Cons

The office can get pretty cold. We also sometimes tend to email in groups which floods my inbox. Outside work events tend to be announced pretty last minute too.

Advice to Management

The freedom is great, but I wouldn't mind meeting a little more often to recap and go over sales goals.

2. Consultant

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

- Constant learning and opportunity for improvement - Long term development goals - Great working environment - Compensation above the average

Cons

- Lack of written procedures, organizational chart, roles and responsibilities (due to the size of the company).

Advice to Management

if you want to embark on a path of growth of some significance, it will take a more systematic organization; but for now the conditions are not lacking.

3. Great work-life balance and very realistic and attainable sales goals

I have been working at Taycor Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very rewarding - the compensation with commission is generous. There's constant learning and opportunity for improvement.

Cons

Leads slow down from time to time and bad months can happen - the hardest part is having a bad month and not letting that defeat your morale. This is the con of sales in general. Important to keep pushing.

Advice to Management

We could use a more competitive environment. I know I'd work harder to increase my own numbers if I knew they were being compared to my colleagues.

5. Great Balance & Flexibility

Current Employee - Lease Administrator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Lease Administrator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Taycor Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best qualities of the company in my opinion are its balance and flexibility. The company has a professional atmosphere but is still fun and casual. There's comfort found in the company's long-term stability, but there's also excitement in potential growth and opportunities. There's constant learning no matter your department of position and peers are always friendly and supportive.

Cons

Management could work on transparency and communication. Of course not everyone in the office needs to be 100% in the loop but holding bi-weekly or monthly meetings to catch up on where everyone is at would make the office more cohesive.

Advice to Management

See Cons.

6. Great Learning and Growth Opportunities

I have been working at Taycor Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started off working at Taycor as a Junior Account Executive. I was completely new to the industry and didn't have much prior related experience. They trained me and gave me responsibilities that forced me to learn very quickly. I learned more in my first month at Taycor than I have at any other job. After my first year I was promoted to Senior Account Executive. Management saw my abilities and dedication and rewarded me for my hard work. I couldn't ask for a better experience.

Cons

It's very fast paced and the faster you're able to learn, the better. There's a ton of information and details to remember but it all comes with time and practice.

7. A Challenging and Rewarding Experience - Taycor Financial

Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Taycor Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learning opportunities are endless here. I really did learn something new everyday whether it was learning about a new marketing method or understanding a new component of the CRM system. There are many opportunities for growth and you will be taking on new projects quite frequently so it is helpful if you are able to multitask.

Cons

The tasks can become a little repetitive, especially when you do the same ones each day. However I did enjoy structure to my job because it made it easier to check things off of my to-do list.

Advice to Management

Hold monthly team meetings to assess progress and open up the floor for idea sharing.

8. A Company that Continues to Build Strong Client Relationships

Current Employee - Funding Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Funding Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Taycor Financial full-time

Pros

I've been the Funding Manager at Taycor for quite some time now and can honestly say that one of the greatest feelings of success occur when we've finished funding a deal and the same customer comes back to work with us again and again and again. Taycor actively pursues customer satisfaction and is able to maintain strong and lasting relationships like I've never seen anywhere else. The atmosphere of the office is so friendly and everyone works together with a common goal in mind which is inevitably to make our clients happy. I've never been a part of such a supportive group of individuals who all work so hard to complete the work on their desk while also reaching out to help each other in any way possible.

Cons

The office temperature tends to fluctuate aggressively. It could be over 100 degrees outside but I'll need a coat when I walk into the office. We also tend to run out of paper cups quite frequently.

Advice to Management

Constructive criticism and advice for growth is always desired.

9. Summer Intern Experience

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Taycor Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I’ve worked for Taycor Financial for five months as a summer intern from Germany. Working here has been a great experience for me especially to gain some insight into the industry and learn about the cultural differences in working here and in Germany. The office environment was very friendly and all the people working here were very supporting and helpful. The intimate size of the office helped me to get in touch with everyone. I got the opportunity to work in different departments of the company e.g. the marketing and the credit department. Through that I was able to get a broad range of experience. Although I was only an intern the management gave me responsibilities and therefore I really learned a lot which I can also apply in my future.

Cons

Of course there were sometimes very repetitive tasks but especially for me that was very helpful as I was able to improve my English this way. Overall I had a very good experience working here in The United States in this company and I would definitely do it again.

10. Knowledge and Growth are Endless

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

As a proud member of the Taycor Team, I can confidently say that it was the best choice I could have made. Over the course of my employment, I have learned more than I have in any other previous position I have held. Not only is the learning process never-ending but my fellow members and employers are very supportive and always bring a smile to the office. So far, my experience at Taycor has been enriching, fulfilling, and beneficial to my overall career goals.

Cons

As with most jobs, it does take place at a desk in an office building. Many do not like the idea of sitting in an office all day, so if you are one of these people, it may not seem like the most "glamorous" jobs.

Advice to Management

I think the general management and leadership at Taycor Financial is doing a great job, especially with our recent move.

11. A company who cares about the people.

Current Employee - Brand Manager - Vendor Partner Relations in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Brand Manager - Vendor Partner Relations in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Very supportive environment with a strong system of mentoring and training. Collaborative culture and opportunities for growth based on effort and results not tenure and seniority. Good benefits provided by the company and creates a culture of work / personal life balance. Management has an open door policy for feedback, suggestions, and encourages pursuit of new projects and challenges. Each person has a very clear job and goal, and not a single person seems is just 'taking up space.' Overall great company to gain experience or build a career.

Cons

Constant changes/improvements in products, process, and system procedures causes sometimes unnecessary downtime and distractions.

Advice to Management

Growth is great, but growing too quickly and injecting too many new people can change a company's culture and original direction.

RSS Feed </> Embed