Taylor Corporation

Updated October 22, 2014
2.3

Taylor Corporation Chairman and CEO Glen Taylor
Glen Taylor

Pros
  • Lots of variety and places to move around within the corporation due to ownership of many companies (in 3 reviews)

• Benefits were good for a entry level employee (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very very low pay for the bull you have to deal with (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

All in all, solid corporation to work for if you are into the printing industry.

Former Employee - Marketing in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Marketing in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Taylor Corporation as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Overall positive atmosphere and worked with some great people.

Cons

Some of the company buildings are out-dated, which appeared to hinder certain company's employees.

Personally, my management (boss) was great, she was very honest and respectful; however, I did come across some situations that did not directly involve me that seemed off-kilter to say the least.

Less than neutral, although the general industry status plays into this rating.

I worked at Taylor Corporation

Pros

Many companies within the corporation, financially stable, privately owned by a great guy.

Cons

Weak branding nationally speaking, day to day is too independent, wants to grow their business but does not want to change.

Encourage new process and thinking.

Lilly White Company with No Career Path for Minorities

Former Employee - Marketing in North Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing in North Atlanta, GA

I worked at Taylor Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is not a lot of good things used to describe Taylor Corp. Senior leadership manages by intimidation creating an extremely toxic culture. The only positive benefit from my experience was the generous vacation time policy.

Cons

There are limited (if any) opportunities for minorities, specifically African-Americans. Just check out their website (www.taylorcorp.com) for proof. The site contains 78 pictures of mostly employees (some stock images) and there is only one African-American. This is a great example of the "no-minorities" culture at Taylor.

It was a mistake for Glen Taylor to step back into an active leadership role in the company. With all due respect, his daughter Jean had the company moving in the right direction before the coup unseated her from the top spot. My advise is for Glen to retire from Taylor Corp and devote all of his time to running the Minnesota Timberwolves into the ground.

An adventure in corporate business

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Taylor Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly helpful people for the most part, at least the ones I have met. The customers are great to deal with.

Cons

No inter-company cooperation. Many new hires enter at a higher wage / salary than current employees make in the same position. Promotions are generally from the outside of the organization. There is an open door policy that works in the company's favor. Instead of purchasing the equipment to make the servers usable, we deal with many high usage times that slows down retrieving information for customers. Old technology in a new technology industry. Most changes are handed down last minute or after they have taken place.

Please read the pros and cons sections about this company. There is a reason this company is not rated as it should be, and why employees shop other places for their personal needs.

Take your customer service skills elsewhere.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Taylor Corporation part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The ability to dress casually.

Cons

The promise of 'no raise.'

Nip those employees in the bud that take unauthorized liberties. The longer they are allowed to get away with it, the more difficult it will be to stop the behavior. Rules are in place for a reason, and it is unfair to those that abide by the rules to witness habitual offenders as management looks away.

Toxic environment.

Former Employee - Information Technology in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Duluth, GA

I worked at Taylor Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hardworking, dedicated, friendly and helpful coworkers on my team. Your paycheck is deposited on time and there was some flexibility to work remotely.

Cons

Sweat shop, micro-managing supervisors, no sense of direction and priorities' changed hourly.

Lack of project management, just a bunch of high priority tasks that are dictated without providing any information except just do what I say.

Staff's opinion's were not valued so no one bothered to give any. Lack of appreciation for employees; team meetings were nothing but supervisors scolding staff for an hour and a half about what they are doing wrong.

Cronyism, nepotism and group think rules the culture in Mankato.

Completely disorganized and chaotic.

Clean house and hire professionals that have experience running a corporation.

Toxic Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Mankato, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Mankato, MN

I worked at Taylor Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The team environment was good once I "earned" my way in. The pay was decent for an entry level position. Challenging work.

Cons

Horrible supervisor. Numerous people who were previously in my position, as well as others in the department, had issues with this individual. No complaints ever led to action because this person is considered vital to the company, despite creating an extremely unhealthy work environment. I could do on with other cons, but this was by far the biggest issue.

Consider the people who actually do the work in the organization and their needs, not the people who take credit for it.

Great company, but direction?

I worked at Taylor Corporation

Pros

Decent pay. Entrepreneurial companies. Stable company. Friendly people.

Cons

Seem to be struggling with corporate philosophy as to what they want to be. Cronyism amongst corp. staff.

Listen to management at individual companies. Synergize, as you were trying to do under Jean Taylors leadership. Great company, with unrealized potential!

Status Quo

I worked at Taylor Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Met many people who believed in the company's values.

Cons

Improving or changing the way we do things isn't easy.

When transferring responsibilities from one team to another, make sure the team taking on the responsibility has the resources they need to take it on.

Great group of people.

I worked at Taylor Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worked with a great group of people really dedicated to their work.

Cons

Pay was on the low side.

Provide a more comprehensive list of duties.