Taylor Morrison Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
22 reviews filtered by
2.7
Sheryl Palmer

1. It was a good experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Taylor Morrison

Pros

management, balance, bonuses, freedom, work enviornment

Cons

homeowners, sometimes can be unprofessional.

consistancy.

2. The worse company to work ....

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Taylor Morrison full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you make you sales goals you mite go to a little vacation...with people who are constantly stabbing you in the back. Sales Associate's are talking bad about their manager because the manager and few other associates came from " Wild Job place" . So much gossip and it is crazy it is not how you do well but who you know and who you hang out. Some people have no clue what their supposed to best friend are talking about them. Too much drama and jealousy. Couple of previous employees were very professional and nice but women make sure to run them away due to there insecurities. No work/ life balance.

Cons

Promotion only if you are the favorite one!

Too much talk about Team work... Real picture no Team work what so ever. Mangers should be professional and not to yell at their employees, especially if the employee is a new to the company. Honesty should be the Key in this company!

3. Could have been a great company

I worked at Taylor Morrison full-time

Pros

I liked most of the people I worked with. Decent company overall.

Cons

My boss hasn't had a performance review with me in multiple years. He never sets time for me and I finally stopped trying to initiate that conversation

Take a serious look at who works for you and what they fail to do. The focus is on building and selling homes but all the talk about the great work life balance is lip service especially when your boss won't talk about your performance.

5. Looking to get better

Former Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Taylor Morrison

Pros

Very good product and location

Cons

Not making the right changes for continuous improvement

Stop doing the same things over and over and make the changes that are needed to improve the company.

6. Potential

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, quarterly perks and lots of potential with the right set of circumstances.

Cons

Some managers don't allow their employees to grow and learn. Taylor Morrison has hired great people if only they were allowed to do what they were hired to do.

7. No Support and Unrealistic Expectations

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Taylor Morrison full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salary was good, co-workers were friendly, lots of inner office events to perk up staff, they do like to promote from within

Cons

Lack of communication, bad company culture overall, upper management rules with fear tactics, too much negative feedback and not enough positive support

Invest in your people! Don't be afraid to let them know what they are doing wrong and work with them on becoming a better employee. Don't keep people in the dark either, have effective meetings that inform people of what is going on within the division and allow all your teams enough time to produce the right work. This will set the division up to become more successful and more streamlined. Most of all- praise your workers for a job well done! This division is way too negative and focuses on the wrong issues.

8. One of the Best Home Builders to Work For

Former Employee - Vice President of Purchasing in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Vice President of Purchasing in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Taylor Morrison full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salary is fair, Benefits are great, one of the best Purchasing Teams that I have managed in my career, very professional Ops Team, Impressive Exec Team, Great HR Team. Local Divisions are able to manage their operations as a business unit and not driven by corporate policies. Plenty of challenges and learning opportunities, the ability to influence operational improvements at a local level, and not a tremendous push of corporate driven programs to the local divisions. (believe me, this is a huge benefit)

Cons

In any growing organization, change is ever imminent. This lends itself to high stress levels, long days, change of direction on the fly, and spending time recreating the wheel. Some are not equipped to handle the highs and lows, but it's just the nature of the industry at times.

Start a division in Michigan

9. Great product, bad management - not a great company.

I worked at Taylor Morrison full-time

Pros

Benefits are good, employees are knowledgeable, hardworking and friendly. Compensation is competitive.

Cons

Senior management cannot be trusted, lack values and integrity. Work-life balance does not exist. Direct communication is lacking, lots of politics and there is too much backstabbing ... If it is not in writing they go back and change instructions and completely deny what was said previously!

10. frustrating

Current Employee - Superintendent in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Superintendent in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (more than a year)

Pros

health benefits and health benefits

Cons

trying to do too much with too little

slow down

11. Transition from a family owned company (Darling Homes) to a Corporate atmosphere is a challenge.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The money is decent, the atmosphere is professional and focus is on doing things right. TM motivates their workforce in a variety of ways, contests, surveys, competition assessments, "shops" and more.

Cons

Since being acquired by TM in 2011 or 2012, the builder I work for, Darling Homes, went from being a locally owned family company to a corporately owned company. We are losing many long time employees at DH due to the rough transition. TM came in much like a bull in a china shop albeit a friendly bull, but things are still rocky. It can also be compared to getting kicked out of the nest without necessarily knowing how to fly. Their "new" systems were thrown on us with little or no warning and not much training.

Slow down. Stop and take the time to train us in the applications, procedures, etc that we are expected to master. Stop trying to lord it over us and invest the effort to get us acclimated to your corporate structure. A stitch in time saves nine.