Taylor Morrison Reviews

2.7
Sheryl Palmer

1. New Home Consultant

I worked at Taylor Morrison full-time

Pros

Loved work for TM in Orlando Division. Management always helping the sales people to be successful

Cons

No cons at all I really enjoyed working at TM

2. Excelent Company

I worked at Taylor Morrison

Pros

One of the best home builder I have worked for

Cons

None at all, I shouldn't never left Taylor Morrison at all

decent place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I worked at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

this is a large company and they are in growth mode. job openings are posted for internal candidates to view and are encouraged to apply.

Cons

employees are not always happy. High turnover for construction managers and sales managers. company cuts corners with money. they run very thin and employees get worn down.

Advice to Management

pay attention to the needs of the employees in the field and in non management, corporate positions. Also, hire a front desk person.

5. Well position New Home Builder

Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - New Home Sales Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Taylor Morrison

Pros

Organized, Solid business plan for growth, employee friendly. Sales team receives strong support from management and ops team.

Cons

If in sales be prepared to give up your weekends. It is the nature of the business.

If I could rate lower I would....

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent health, dental, 401k, and ability to transfer to a new division if spouse gets a new position, not that you would want too....Luckily I have found a new position and I'll be leaving soon.

Cons

Probably the worst company I have ever worked for, terrible middle management, a company that loves finger pointing & screaming. You are "given" vacation days, but they will never let you use them. No work / life balance at all.

Advice to Management

Stopping focusing on expanding footprint of the company and look at massive internal issues at the division level,

STOP MICROMANAGING!

I worked at Taylor Morrison

Pros

Benefits, Meet amazing people, & Pay can be good

Cons

Upper Management, Work-Life, Process is outdated

Advice to Management

I would advice the management to start listening to those out in the field more often. This is the reason they are out there; they are your eyes and ears. If you are never out there seeing what they see how is it that you can you advice what would be best course of action to take? They are telling you what you need, so listen! Anyone knows the worst form of management is MICROMANAGEMENT, which is exactly what the higher ups do, some more specific than others. I am not meaning to com off as petty, but how can you seriously feel that you can have every answer? When an entire group of people (sales) agrees on what we need to get the job done the management reject said ideas, has response within seconds of hearing it, or says that is the way they want it, yet never actually give insightful thoughts. While it may be hard to give up control, your role in the company is to be a source and help those who are out in the field. If people know that your answer is always going to be no they will undoubtedly turn against you. Don't be concerned if the sales people make more money than you as that should be the case if they are the ones bringing in the revenue and you really are the overheard, although I am not saying that you job is not as important; I understand it can be just as hard. I can go on, but really I am just going to hope that you wise up before you continue to lose high quality employees. Also give employees their vacation days, especially sales, they already don't use all of them and hardly any carry over. When on the occasion sales does ask off don't get mad at them for it because you don't know how to run your business.

Excellent place to work if you never want a promotion

I worked at Taylor Morrison full-time

Pros

Really nothing positive I can say here.

Cons

Multiple years in my position with "you are a great employee" from the boss once a year. Same "golden people" are promoted consistently and the rest are ignored. Butt kissing is the way to go evidentially. Really disappointing that businesses still treat people this way, especially in this economy when they need good quality people to stay.

9. Financial Analyst

I worked at Taylor Morrison

Pros

Great people with fantastic work life balance

Cons

Low pay at the entry level.

Poor Top Down Management

I worked at Taylor Morrison

Pros

Some Good qualified people at the division level.

Cons

Corporate Management is all about the financials. Corporate driving division level staff with unrealistic goals. Field level staff is understaffed, overworked, and underappreciated. Most Public homebuilders are operating the same way.

Advice to Management

Come up with some realistic staffing levels for field level personal based on the size of projects, the number of projects, the amount of contract dollars managed, number of people managed and division / corporate paper work. it not hard to evaluate staffing levels.

The worse company to work ....

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Taylor Morrison full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you make you sales goals you mite go to a little vacation...with people who are constantly stabbing you in the back. Sales Associate's are talking bad about their manager because the manager and few other associates came from " Wild Job place" . So much gossip and it is crazy it is not how you do well but who you know and who you hang out. Some people have no clue what their supposed to best friend are talking about them. Too much drama and jealousy. Couple of previous employees were very professional and nice but women make sure to run them away due to there insecurities. No work/ life balance.

Cons

Promotion only if you are the favorite one!

Advice to Management

Too much talk about Team work... Real picture no Team work what so ever. Mangers should be professional and not to yell at their employees, especially if the employee is a new to the company. Honesty should be the Key in this company!

RSS Feed </> Embed