Taylor Morrison

Updated Apr 24, 2014

Sheryl Palmer

On pins and needles

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsPay and benefits seem to be on par with the industry standards.

ConsHad 3 interviews and still waiting to hear back from them

A better place to work today with recent leadership changes!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsRecent Leadership changes at the end of 2013 should improve work environment and employee satisfaction. Strong leadership at the company's corporate level. Division now focused on customer satisfaction and doing the right things to be successful.

ConsPrevious division leadership was weak and made poor business decisions. Unfortunately, many of those decisions still impact today's business and will for some time to come. Corporate too slow in reacting to poor leadership. Lost a lot of good employees during that time period.

Advice to Senior ManagementDivision autonomy is a great thing unless you have the wrong leadership in place at the Division. Do a better job of listening to feedback from employees and don't be afraid to investigate and make changes.

No leadership, long thankless days

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsSalary, mileage, gain local knowledge, some good co-workers

ConsHours, disorganized, poorly managed, noisy cubicles, micro managed, innovation discouraged, overlook profitability for big scores, construction costs too high, hard to compete with Lennar, et al.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange isn't always bad, you hire some good people, unshackle them

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sucks!

Construction (Former Employee)

ProsNone. Go back to Morrison.

ConsManagement sold its soul to Satan!

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to hell!

Could be better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood people to work with. I wasnt micromanaged, was able to schedule out my day myself. Got along well with my co-workers

ConsOver-worked, spread to thin, under-paid, every project manager wanted their finger prints on everything, so the process of doing the job changed all the time. It should have been cut and dry like most other builders. Bonus program was atrocious.

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked their in 2007 so things could be different by now. At the time most middle management were friends of upper management from other builders. They were not qualified.

Good company to work for.

Superintendent (Current Employee) Sarasota, FL

ProsMany opportunities with Taylor Morrison as the market is picking back up and customers traffic is increasing and are buying homes again.

ConsWith the downturn in the new home construction market there is a shortage of qualified sub contractors in the market place.

IT Manager

IT Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat CIO, Bob Witte really knows IT. Technology used is solid and they follow best practices. The work life balance was solid they allowed for remote work when needed. The pay was above average for the region. They also provided good benefits and charges varied based on income, if you got paid more then you paid more in, if you were lower paid then you pay less for your benefits, over all it was a fair deal for both. They do try to keep it like a family.

ConsHit hard by the housing crash, had to lay off some great IT resources. The Directors that reported to the CIO played a lot of politics and some were even cut throat. The best way to move up was to stay under the radar and work on special projects that had multiple directors getting credit for the success.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working hard to deliver the best IT that can be afforded based on market conditions.

Good company to work for aside from the ailing new house market.

IT Support (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsEngaging and good people I was able to work with. The benefits were pretty good considering the size of the company as a whole. Also good use of technology to make use of less workforce and support personnel. Also in the Houston and Austin areas homes were built very well and sales/construction people were very nice and easy to work with.

ConsAiling new house market forced its hand causing many issues with reduction in workforce, so there was at times a good amount of turnover, but mostly in sales. With this we had to many times work with what we had already and adapt to less is more.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive for long-term employees.

Where have you gone Morty?

Administrator (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsWas a great place to work before the "merger"!

ConsCompany has not funded its Pension Plan
    0% Chance of advancement
    Bloated HR Department thats only purpose to be the mouthpiece of the company regardless if the employee is right.
    In Austin if you were a Morrison Home employee your odds of making it one year after the merger are 1 in 4. It you were a Taylor Woodrow 3 in 4.
    If you are not in sales forget any bonus.
    Unfair Pay Structure Morrison Homes employees are paid 30% less then Taylor Woodrow employees. When brought to the attention of HR they didn't care.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone she wouldn't listen anyway.

No loyalty

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people, good pay, overall good environment

ConsNo job security, very management heavy

Advice to Senior ManagementPut higher value on good employees

Worked for Taylor Morrison? Contribute to the Community!