TaylorMade-adidas Golf

Add Photos

TaylorMade-adidas Golf President and CEO Mark King

Mark King

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TaylorMade-adidas Golf full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAwesome culture and the people are great. Fun place to work!

ConsThe organization is always changing!

Advice to Senior ManagementMore stability would be great!

Great company to work for

Business Development (Current Employee)
Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at TaylorMade-adidas Golf part-time for more than a year

ProsFun place to work and enjoy

ConsNon that I can think of at the moment

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing

Career dead end for any IT or development person

I have been working at TaylorMade-adidas Golf full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany has events and parties to make holidays fun, and a great discount on clubs, apparel and shoes.

ConsIT and development positions are falsely advertised by HR. They have legacy systems and this is a career dead end for anyone remotely technical, from IT support to eComm to DBAs. The systems are unmaintainable and require severe hacks to (barely) keep running. Even with the latest Oracle upgrades, the same, wrong people are there to mis-implement. If you can't find another job or are 55+ years old at the end of your career, go ahead and take their bait-and-switch job offer. Otherwise do yourself a favor and continue your IT career with legitimate developers and managers (who don't yell) somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the bubbleheads in Marketing and HR who think they are technical...wait, that's almost the entire company. Nevermind. Do programmers a favor and outsource all IT work to unfortunates in China or India so you can pigeonhole their careers instead of Americans'.

Expect Change

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at TaylorMade-adidas Golf full-time

ProsGreat benefits, great products. This company dominates the golf industry so many doors are open.

ConsThe company seems to use the philosophy if it ain't broke, break it. This is particularly true of its sales leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn general, this is a great company to work for. It seems they like to go outside the company to find its top management for the sales divisions. You have great people already in the organization... give them the opportunity.

Coordinators run the company and do not get promoted

Coordinator (Current Employee)
Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at TaylorMade-adidas Golf full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits, focus on health and wellness, lots of events, golf, travel (if you're in the right department), fun young crowd to work with, good location, nice office space, great resume builder, opportunities with adidas global if you wish to relocate.

ConsThe pay is well under market, the expectations are extremely high which is great for some people, the work environment can be stressful. Long hours during the busy season, lots of holidays worked due to product launches, never get a real vacation always checking email and responding to some sort of problem. Some departments run around like chickens with their heads cut off changing their minds every other day. Lots of time spent doing work multiple times because departments lack communication. Coordinators basically run the company and do a lot of the actual work, yet they get no respect and no promotions. Only chance at a promotion is to be in the good 'ol boys club which leads to a lot of incompetent people in important decision making roles. Decisions are only made by a select few people in the company so it is a fire drill 100% of the time to get anything done. Company has a "golf" mindset which is about 10 years behind the times.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote your coordinators, customer Service people, and admins- they are the ones on the front lines working their butts off for the company. These are good people who know the business. This is why there is such a high turnover in these positions and most people end up leaving after 2 or so years when they realize they have nowhere to go and aren't getting paid very well.

Good work experience but no change from recognized problem

Demo Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at TaylorMade-adidas Golf as a contractor for more than a year

ProsProduct for free
Outdoors
Flexible schedule
Free golf at most accounts

Consno expenses paid for travel

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the change for your demo tech's!!! We need gas reimbursement and travel time..Some of us drive up to 4 hours to get to some of the accounts...

Excellent company

Demo Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at TaylorMade-adidas Golf as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsGreat staff in my area, flexible schedule.

ConsMoving up in company is difficult, no benefits, no profit sharing

Advice to Senior ManagementYou went on undercover boss but made no changes, despite biggest years in company history.

Fun place to work, but don't expect much of a social life outside of it

I have been working at TaylorMade-adidas Golf full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFun company events, great employee programs and focus on fitness and being active, mostly young employees who all like to go out and hang out outside of work (which is good for people who don't have many friends in southern california). great place to build your resume.

ConsTop heavy, difficult to get promoted or move up if you're not in the boys club, lower level coordinators are not asked to be strategic as they are strictly order takers. Very intense work environment and if you don't golf it's really frowned upon. work life balance is not great - you are expected to work over time and long hours for low pay.

Advice to Senior Managementtrust your employees and stop trying to control every decision. communicate with other managers, and don't be so afraid of change.

No better company to be at if you love golf

I have been working at TaylorMade-adidas Golf full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA great place for those with a passion for golf
Fantastic people at mid-level and below positions
A handful of truly amazing leaders in upper level management positions
HQ in Carlsbad (San Diego)
Fast paced and intense work environment (if you like that sort of thing)
Lots of change, so always new opportunities
Cool perks (access to product, free golf, etc)
Generous bonus at the end of the fiscal year when we hit our targets as a company
Because TMaG is owned by adidas, your career can move to other parts of the global organization

ConsThis is an intense company. Work life balance is unhealthy for many people (depends on your department) and the corporate politics can make your head spin (probably common for most billion dollar companies). The company has grown a lot in the past 10 years so the corporate culture is playing catch up.

Good place to get your feet wet

Regional Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at TaylorMade-adidas Golf full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYoung energetic company with an ear to the older golf pro

ConsNeeds more focus on global planning

Advice to Senior ManagementHire outside the golf community

Worked for TaylorMade-adidas Golf? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TaylorMade-adidas Golf reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TaylorMade-adidas Golf CEO Mark King. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by TaylorMade-adidas Golf employees.