Taymark

Troy Ethan
1 Rating

Good Stepping Stone

I worked at Taymark

Pros

Good opportunity to learn if you are fresh out of school or with only a couple of years of experience. Benefits are ok.

Cons

Several senior level managers are unqualified for their jobs, making advancement opportunities nearly impossible to achieve.Wages are below average.

Throughly evaluate qualifications and experience of senior staff to determine their level, rather than just taking their word for it.

Menial work , zero incentives

Current Employee - Call Center in White Bear Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Call Center in White Bear Lake, MN

I have been working at Taymark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lunch is the best thing about my job here.

Cons

A cubicle farm : work environment is dirty in the warehouse & call center , lunch room tables.Spiders,fruit flies-gross. Always freezing cold, have to wear a sweatshirt in the building -even on 90 degree days. A few of my coworkers are lazy slobs who are always on their c -ph doing personal stuff. Chew & snaps gum loudly, make ignorant comments about the customers they are calling, talking & laughing instead of focusing on work. Peeves me off & disrupts my work , concentration. They spend more time socializing than working. They haven't grasp the concept that this is an office, NOT their living room at home. No health or dental insurance offered. Seem to have a constant turn over of employee's.

Increase wages based upon an employee's work experience. Provide a cleaner work environment-why do employee's in the call center have to empty their own wastebaskets ? Hire a cleaning crew! Place time clocks at the entrances , so an employee can punch in & not have to walk a football field to the time clock. Offer OT .Rearrange the call center seating so you can have a conversation with a customer without having to listen to cube mate blabbing on about nothing. Put up partitions to block out the noise. I have yet to be introduced to half of the people who work here...Some employee's talk to you & some are snotty people who travel in cliques.

They are trying to improve, but not in areas that matter most to employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN

I have been working at Taymark

Pros

There are some nice people that work there. Hours are flexible. Management is making an attempt to improve employee morale, but not in areas that matter most to the employees.

Cons

Taymark has the worst compensation and benefits of any place I've ever worked, bar none. They have been saying for literally years that they are working to become "more competitive in the market" in these areas, but we have seen zero results from this effort. Salaries are just abysmal. They have instituted a monthly survey for employees to rate different aspects of working at Taymark, are consistently rated very low for fair pay - and yet do nothing to improve in this area. Any of the pros of working at Taymark are far outweighed by how unvalued we feel as employees with such poor wages. Turnover is very high because pay is better at just about any other company! I will be leaving myself very soon.

Really do something about the biggest problem with working at Taymark, which is unfair wages - rather than just constantly saying they are going to do something. No one in the company believes that will ever happen anymore, and many good people have left or will be leaving because of this.

Did not like working there.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Bear Lake, Ramsey, MN

I worked at Taymark

Pros

I suppose the location was nice and there is a lot of parking but to get the best parking you have to work in the morning. Hours were pretty flexible.

Cons

There were a lot of downsides. This was not my favorite place to work. The pay was too low and management was unhelpful and supervisors changed constantly. Very low tech equipment.

I would work on empowering employees and employee motivation. I also think ethical standards could be applied more rigorously. Also, not to have the leadership change so often, it makes it difficult.

The lowest paying, unfair job I have ever had.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Taymark

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling. Some nice people to work WITH, not for.

Cons

Horribly low pay, expectations ridiculously high for no compensation, kind of like throw a dog a bone.

Get rid of management that expects so much out of employees and gives back so little. Give them the worthless kind of raises that other people get. What do you want out of people that you aren't paying them but poverty level salaries? Get real people.