Tc3 Reviews

Working at Tc3 Help Desk

Former Employee - Technology Support  in  Dryden, NY
    Former Employee - Technology Support in Dryden, NY

I worked at Tc3 part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working help desk at Tc3 was a fun experience. The staff and students are all friendly, and you get to help them achieve their daily routines effiicently with the use of technology. Working here you will become familiar with the whole campus building and people who attend the college.

Cons

Not enough room for advancement as it is a Internship. Hours limited.

Tangled web of infighting and backstabbing

Former Employee - Faculty  in  Dryden, NY
    Former Employee - Faculty in Dryden, NY

I worked at Tc3 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Faculty rise above the administrative nonsense

Cons

Lifers rule the roost. No change is the policy

Extremely well run and responsive place. Support is exceptional, Little chances of a full time job though.

Current Employee - Adjunct  in  Dryden, NY
    Current Employee - Adjunct in Dryden, NY

I have been working at Tc3

Pros

The technical support and IT support are phenomenal.
    Support from Dean of instruction is exceptional.
    Very frinedly place to work at.
    Very responsive to solving scheduling issues.
    The management is looking for input and new ideas and not only do they take it into consideration, but also implement them.
    Lots of room for personal initiative.

Cons

More adjuncts than full timefaculty, therefore very little chance of becoming full time.
    Adjuncts are limited to teaching 11.25 credits, which in sciences with labs translates to no more than 2 courses (4.5 credits/course).

Allow science adjuncts to teach 13.5 credits so we can teach three courses. Stick to your faculty contracts and have less than 2x as many adjuncts per faculty in each department. You are losing many good people by having no chances of full time jobs. You might be saving on benefits in the short run, but it will bite you later because there is no continuation to courses taught by adjuncts that move on to other institutions.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fair experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dryden, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dryden, NY

I worked at Tc3

Pros

The work schedules are flexible, which is obviously a pro if you're a student there like I was, and you get time off during breaks. Staff is usually friendly.

Cons

There were few advancement opportunities, and (for my job, at least) no benefits were offered. The work environment is sorta ugly. TC3 isn't exactly the prettiest locale though, so that's only to be expected.

I have no advice to offer, really, but I guess if I have to, I'll say that more benefits should be offered for student workers. Maybe instead of getting a paycheck, the pay could be deducted from one's tuition and fees.

Worked for Tc3? Contribute to the Community!