Tc3

Updated May 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carl E. Haynes

Extremely well run and responsive place. Support is exceptional, Little chances of a full time job though.

Adjunct (Current Employee) Dryden, NY

ProsThe technical support and IT support are phenomenal.
    Support from Dean of instruction is exceptional.
    Very frinedly place to work at.
    Very responsive to solving scheduling issues.
    The management is looking for input and new ideas and not only do they take it into consideration, but also implement them.
    Lots of room for personal initiative.

ConsMore adjuncts than full timefaculty, therefore very little chance of becoming full time.
    Adjuncts are limited to teaching 11.25 credits, which in sciences with labs translates to no more than 2 courses (4.5 credits/course).

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow science adjuncts to teach 13.5 credits so we can teach three courses. Stick to your faculty contracts and have less than 2x as many adjuncts per faculty in each department. You are losing many good people by having no chances of full time jobs. You might be saving on benefits in the short run, but it will bite you later because there is no continuation to courses taught by adjuncts that move on to other institutions.

Tangled web of infighting and backstabbing

Faculty (Former Employee) Dryden, NY

ProsFaculty rise above the administrative nonsense

ConsLifers rule the roost. No change is the policy

Fair experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dryden, NY

ProsThe work schedules are flexible, which is obviously a pro if you're a student there like I was, and you get time off during breaks. Staff is usually friendly.

ConsThere were few advancement opportunities, and (for my job, at least) no benefits were offered. The work environment is sorta ugly. TC3 isn't exactly the prettiest locale though, so that's only to be expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice to offer, really, but I guess if I have to, I'll say that more benefits should be offered for student workers. Maybe instead of getting a paycheck, the pay could be deducted from one's tuition and fees.

Worked for Tc3? Contribute to the Community!