Td Bank Na

Be The First To
Add Photos

Td Bank Na President and CEO Bharat B. Masrani

Bharat B. Masrani

Pros
  • Also, part-timers get health benefits and paid time off as well (in 7 reviews)

• Good benefits including a lot of time off (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the challenges of working for TD is that you will be very overworked, forget about the work life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Long hours can also be draining especially when there's an unexpected issue at the end of the work day (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales changed the call center.

Centralized Resource Team (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsEmployee benefits, Pto and structure are ok. Busy and fast paced. Reasonable break rooms. The overall company is only as good as the department you work for. The people were really nice personally but working there became rough.

ConsLittle room for growth unless you meet your sales goals. it's all about sales and money. If your numbers aren't there you mean nothing. Customer service is only about sales not the customer. Exec's get richer but forget the front line employees answering calls.

Advice to Senior Managementif you want your "WOW" service to be legendary, you should "WOW" your employee. remember the small banks made you the big bank you are today.

I really enjoyed working in customer service

ProsGreat sales incentives if goals were met. Free food.

ConsRepetitive , back to back calls with no rest in between.

Good

Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) Manahawkin, NJ

ProsRoom for advancement, Good Benefits, Coaching to make you succeed , Continuous training to help you do your job better

ConsOpen 7 days, take taxes out of quarterly bonus....should let employee decide if they want that up front or when they do their own taxes

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good training, not very flexible

Customer Service Representative/Teller (Former Employee)

Pros- Paid training
    - 401k is pretty good
    - I happened to work with some of the best people
    - Sales revenue related incentive pay

Cons- Not very flexible due to understaffing
    - Sales goals are too high to begin with but increase every so often
    - Open on Saturdays and Sundays (not for everyone)
    - Poor pay
    - Health benefits are expensive

Service Desk Representative Review

Technology Service Desk Representative (Former Employee) Lexington, SC

ProsGood Entry Level job to get experience to go somewhere else.
    Good amount of paid time off

ConsNo room for moving up within the company as a entry level employee.
    No training opportunities
    Does not cover certification training
    Low Pay
    Start as a contractor, with no specified date to transfer to FTE, it's just whenever they get around to it.
    Very Metric based, does not care too much about taking care of issues just what shows up as a metric.

Not a good place for Tellers - Stand all day and wear a sweater vest even in 85 f degree weather

Teller (Former Employee) Franklin Park, NJ

ProsJust a job. Little bit flexibility in schedule.

ConsTellers are required to stand all day. There are no chairs given or available even when a teller is sick. This is only in USA branches but in Canada by law all the tellers are provided a chair because it affects their health in the long run. They obviously don't care about their US employees especially the low paid tellers.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider giving your employees the help they need according to performance.

Commercial Credit Manager

Credit Manager (Former Employee) Springfield, MA

ProsNone - this organizations senior management is corrupt and small minded

ConsThe State President and senior lenders are small minded, ethically and morally bankrupt and regularly engage in illegal activities, this is supported by Commerce Bank in NJ which they report to.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew Management will quickly learn the ongoing unethical, immoral, and corrupt practices senior management engage in and get away with resulting in them seeking alternative employment which is why the bank remains a mess internally. Commerce Bank is equally corrupt and TD Canada is too stupid to see this mess..

Teller

Teller (Former Employee)

ProsNOTHING, I hate working for this company.

ConsI HATED working for TD Bank, beyond any words I can explain. I worked for for the WORST manager I've ever encountered. TD DOES NOT care about their employees, all they care about is their sales, and about their customer service ratings. I've never worked for a company that could care less about the well being of their employees. OVER worked and UNDER payed. It's all about favorites here. Unless you fit into the culture of TD (basically wanting you to be a fake robot to all customers), you will get no where within the company. When you're hired, they'll start you off with a decent amount which usually gets everyone, afterall you need a job right? They'll be so nice through training, but once you're out of training, and on you're own, it's constant micromanagement, stress, and nothing but hate for going into work each day. I left on good terms, so no I am not writing out of spite, but please do yourself a favor, apply elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementGET NEW MANAGERS. I understand that managers are not there to bring happiness to their employees, but the least they can do is try to make their employees have a pleasant work experience. Teach management how to delegate, how to schedule, and how to actually manage, and give criticism that isn't harsh. Also, please teach your managers that bringing alcohol to work isn't professional.

Very positive experience with a lot of job growth opportunity

Business Systems Analyst III (Current Employee) South Portland, ME

ProsTime off, employee experience, care for customers

Conscross team collaborations are difficult, benefit package not as robust as other companies

COMPANY CARES MORE ABOUT CUSTOMERS

Teller I (Former Employee) Morris Plains, NJ

ProsThe training program is top-notch. There are many opportunities for growth and promotions if you go through certain programs offered. Also, part-timers get health benefits and paid time off as well.

ConsThere are many strict policies monoriting dress code, cell phone use (none allowed in the building), requesting for time off, etc.

Worked for Td Bank Na? Contribute to the Community!